Notable Release Date Fiascos

ct3

What’s up NT Fam!! I’ve been reading the Galaxy Foams thread
laugh.gif
 and all I could do is sit back and reflect on release dates of the past and how they were either done successfully, poorly, or something memorable about a past release.  I’ve been in the game since 7[sup]th[/sup] grade 1996 and seeing how it has evolved is just crazy.  It seems like we’ve gone from knowing for sure that we could grab our kicks before noon to camping weeks before a release only to luck up if anything.

One of the releases that come to mind for me that soured my passion was the Altitude 13’s in 2005.  I was at PG Plaza’s Footaction and I remember getting to mall around 5am thinking nobody knew about these (the first time I slept on a release
30t6p3b.gif
), but true fans of J’s.  When I seen that security was not regulating and the line cutting got out of hand, I knew that release dates were never going to be the same
ohwell.gif
.  I ended up not getting me a pair because the manager was letting cats buy 3+ pairs.  At the time though, this girl I was dating knew how bad I wanted them and some how she was able to get me a pair at a later date
eek.gif
. After that I tried my hand again for the Space Jams’s.  I went to Manassas Mall just to make sure I wasn’t in the city, but little did I know they went hard out there for J’s as well LOL
grin.gif
.  I ended up getting my pair of those, but for them cats in the back of the line they were salty!!!
Share your story.

Concords at montgomery mall... first time ever going to a huuuge release. 600+ dudes and only ~50 something pairs of shoes there... I got lucky tho 
happy.gif
. I got there bout 3:30, and went through all the chaos and insubordination by all the "hoodrats" and BA hypebeasts.. Not fun, but worth it i guess. Some guys who camped overnight dint even get their pairs... One person who pulled up and got in line 15 min before they started handing out vouchers cut the line, and STILL got his pair 
sick.gif
sick.gif
With the white cements, i went to the same mall, figuring it wouldnt b that bad because last year the WC 3s sat in the store like all day..... Well, got there bout 730, cooled in line til about 845, and THEN the manager comes out and tell everyone theres only 12 pair at the store....
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Bad timing on their part... anyways i was the 20th !%$ person in line so i missed out
eyes.gif
. But these seem like nothing compared to what ive heard of other heads doing....

Originally Posted by Leonidas

Concords at montgomery mall... first time ever going to a huuuge release. 600+ dudes and only ~50 something pairs of shoes there... I got lucky tho 
happy.gif
. I got there bout 3:30, and went through all the chaos and insubordination by all the "hoodrats" and BA hypebeasts.. Not fun, but worth it i guess. Some guys who camped overnight dint even get their pairs... One person who pulled up and got in line 15 min before they started handing out vouchers cut the line, and STILL got his pair 
sick.gif
sick.gif
With the white cements, i went to the same mall, figuring it wouldnt b that bad because last year the WC 3s sat in the store like all day..... Well, got there bout 730, cooled in line til about 845, and THEN the manager comes out and tell everyone theres only 12 pair at the store....
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Bad timing on their part... anyways i was the 20th !%$ person in line so i missed out
eyes.gif
. But these seem like nothing compared to what ive heard of other heads doing....
Montgomery Mall in North Wales,PA?

Back
Top Bottom