Now that he's won a ring, did Lebron make the right choice in leaving the Cavs for MIA?

Bosh is a good player, but he's no superstar. That title is reserved for players like Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Dirk, Rose, etc. Bosh isn't on that level.

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Changing teams wasn't the "wrong" choice, having The Decision special was.

Everyone acts like "The Decision" was Lebrons idea.  
The hell are you talking about, it was.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I never bought the narrative that Lebron was doing things the easy way by going to Miami. You can only ask a superstar to do it on their own for so long, if the FO wasn't getting it done, do it yourself.

I would have been fine with it if he went to NY, so I'm cool with it (despite not liking the Heat).
This. Especially that last point. I think its really hypocritical of ppl who wanted him on their team to be mad at "the decision." In fact, I think if he comes to New York instead of Miami ppl look at the spectacle of the decision in a completely different way. Why? Because the New York media would've protected him and painted a much more palatable picture than the bad guy image we were left with. Same if he would've went to Chicago. Miami is not a media center and their press did very little to protect him. Hell they made it worse by adding to the show.
And as to the first point, ppl act like its just a question of one man getting it done. That's never the case. Jordan was able to stay in Chicago and get it done because the front office put together great, complete teams. Cleveland proved incapable of this time and time again. Shouts to LeBron for seeing the writing on the wall and doing what was best for his career.

Made the right choice.

Historically, perimeter players need much more help (e.g. perennial all stars in their prime) to win rings than bigs do and that wasn't going to happen in CLE due to bad luck in their drafts before drafting Lebron, particularly in '02 when they drafted Wagner & Booz, then after drafting Bron they missed with their first rounder in the '04 draft & they traded their first rounder in '05 from a trade with the Suns way back in '97. Just really bad luck for the Cavs.

Can't really get too mad at em for missing with Luke Jackson in the '04 draft cause Biedrins is trash, Swift is trash, they had just drafted Wagner so no need for Bassy who turned out to be trash anyway, Humphries is trash, they just drafted Booz so no need for Al Jeff, Synder is trash, JR smith was a reach at 10, and they had Bron at the 3 & Booz at the 4 so no need for Josh Smith

And then when they had major cap room the FA market was trash.

If he wanted a ring, he would have to look elsewhere

lols at the new York media protecting ANYBODY let alone protecting lebrons decisions show if he chose new York. Come on now. Miami media is peaches and cream.

Leaving Cleveland was always the right decision... He just went about it the wrong way.

Originally Posted by DubA169

lols at the new York media protecting ANYBODY let alone protecting lebrons decisions show if he chose new York. Come on now. Miami media is peaches and cream.
Bruh none of that show isht would've mattered. Knicks as an instant contender would've been the only headline. Post would've had Gilbert on the backpage with a bib and pacifier lol.

Reporters literally camped outside of Gloria's house. They weren't doing that to spread good news. The media woukd build him up, knock him down, build him up, knock him down

If he imploded like he did in the finals against the mavs the papers would have raped him. Tore him a new one.fans and media have different interests. You don't sell newspapers with positive stories. Riley can't control the ny media like he can Miami.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

That whole with other superstars argument is hogwash. How many hall of famers did Larry Bird play with? What about the Celtics Big 3? Is the only difference whether or not the F.O does it or the players uses free agency to decide their own destiny?
laugh.gif
As if Bird had a choice. The current Celtics were on the tail end of their careers and knew that they needed to be in a place where they could get closer to a title. However, they did not execute the trades. Also, I think it's brought up a lot because LeBron said he was going to deliver a title to Cleveland; calls himself the Chosen One and King, etc.

If the Cleveland management team was not trying to build a team to KEEP LeBron rather than mature with him, Cleveland would probably have one a championship by now ...

He did what he wanted as a free agent. He chose this path, it is what it is.

He and the Heat got their chip. He didn't want to be "The man". Takes a different kind of guy to do that. He's not "that" guy.

Me personally, I would of loved to see him stay and get a chip in Cleveland. Would of been much more rewarding.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

He did what he wanted as a free agent. He chose this path, it is what it is.

He and the Heat got their chip. He didn't want to be "The man". Takes a different kind of guy to do that. He's not "that" guy.

Me personally, I would of loved to see him stay and get a chip in Cleveland. Would of been much more rewarding.

like he didn't win the MVP. shaddup!

laugh.gif
Watch the 2012 playoffs over again and reevaluate your belief that LBJ didn't want to be the man...

I don't even like Lebron, but who the hell wins championships on their own? 99% of championship teams in ANY sport have multiple superstars/players who SHOULD be superstars but get ignored by media and fans.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Watch the 2012 playoffs over again and reevaluate your belief that LBJ didn't want to be the man...

I'm saying.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Reporters literally camped outside of Gloria's house. They weren't doing that to spread good news. The media woukd build him up, knock him down, build him up, knock him down

If he imploded like he did in the finals against the mavs the papers would have raped him. Tore him a new one.fans and media have different interests. You don't sell newspapers with positive stories. Riley can't control the ny media like he can Miami.
Yeah but it would be about his performance, not the decision. That's my point. People still whining about the decision are grasping at straws that would've long been plucked had he gone to NY or Chicago.

I think he made the right decision... like ska said, he's sittin at another table now.. imagine he retired in Cleveland with 0 rings? eughck

but some of u need to stop claiming Bosh isn't a superstar talent

he took a backseat on this squad but anybody that was watching the playoffs saw how important he was to the squad

People can still say he "didn't want to be the man".. but it doesn't matter if he "wanted it" or not... he went out and delivered anyway. Game 4 against Indy, Game 6 against Boston as he literally did everything you can ask of a basketball player, and playoff averages of 30, 9.7, and 5.6 (I believe). The stats, the game tape, and the hardware are proof of him being "the man".

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

This is the part I'm going to hate arguing when it comes to Lebron: Chris Bosh, a superstar?!

It's a power duo... and Chris Bosh. Dude is nice, but wasn't a superstar before MIA.

Big 3? Meh, I can buy it. Kind of just gets tossed around because of Ray/Kevin/Paul and Kobe/Bynum/Pau, so whatever.

But Chris Bosh the superstar? Yeahno. Bron had another superstar (singular, not plural), just like all the rest of our beloved phenoms.

lmao thats exactly why he went back to the States. Bosh IS an all-star in TO but like all things north, you don't get any exposure down there.
he has done everything on the raptors that he's doing on the heat right now and now hes a SUPERstar because hes getting th exposure 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Probably would have been more rewarding had he won in Cleveland.

The only people it would have more rewarding to is Dan Gilbert and the cavs fans.

Leaving the Cavs was always the right choice. I always advocated him getting out of there while he could.

Back
Top Bottom