Now that he's won a ring, did Lebron make the right choice in leaving the Cavs for MIA?

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Changing teams wasn't the "wrong" choice, having The Decision special was.

Everyone acts like "The Decision" was Lebrons idea.  Dudes straight clownin if they think the NBA, ESPN and the Media didnt love every second of it.  NBA profited and Lebron took all the blame.  All of it.
Exactly. People loved standing on their soapbox about "The Decision". Everyone that played a role in that show has blood on their hands; ESPN, NBA, the media and most importantly the fans. This country (outside of MIA) called LBJ everything but his name. But, you watched. What's worse, the man that beats on a woman in the middle of the street, or the group of men that sit there and watch it? To me, the men that watch are just as bad as the man that is beating the woman. Fans rip LBJ while unwilling to accept culpability on their part. All Lebron told Cleveland  was that they were not good enough. You may not like the presentation, but the truth is the truth.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Everyone acts like "The Decision" was Lebrons idea.  Dudes straight clownin if they think the NBA, ESPN and the Media didnt love every second of it.  NBA profited and Lebron took all the blame.  All of it.
Exactly. People loved standing on their soapbox about "The Decision". Everyone that played a role in that show has blood on their hands; ESPN, NBA, the media and most importantly the fans. This country (outside of MIA) called LBJ everything but his name. But, you watched. What's worse, the man that beats on a woman in the middle of the street, or the group of men that sit there and watch it? To me, the men that watch are just as bad as the man that is beating the woman. Fans rip LBJ while unwilling to accept culpability on their part. All Lebron told Cleveland  was that they were not good enough. You may not like the presentation, but the truth is the truth.
Just because the media loved it does not mean it wasn't LeBron's idea (and even if it wasn't he foolishly agreed to do it), in his head he figured he'd do this big thing with the excuse that all proceeds would go to a charity. All he was doing was maximizing on his celebrity and it was executed poorly, he deserves all the blame for that if someone wants to bring up that point.

You can save all of that comparing this to a wifebeater and his spectators while he's in the act. That's a bunch of bull @@%@ that contorts the view on this simple issue.

Of course other ppl profited and enjoyed the FAIL of it. If you can't be used you're useless.

Lebron's postseason performance was legendary anybody saying any different are just holding grudges
laugh.gif

Joining 2 superstars in their prime?...........and still winning regular season MVP & Finals MVP
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Joining up with two other superstars in their prime? 

Bosh is not a superstar for the same reason melo isn't one. A superstar is the embodiment of supreme talent, attractiveness and an ability to take a team somewhere. LBJ, KD and Kobe are superstars in my eyes. How does a top 20 player take his team to the playoffs 1 time in seven years? Michael Redd was the best player for the Bucks for better part of the 2000's and he got those Bucks to the playoffs more than Bosh.

Is bosh a really good player? Yes. Is he really skilled? Yes. Is he a superstar? No. Besides, Bosh only played in 60% of the Heat's playoff games this season (14/23). While he can up big ECF game 7 in Boston, for the most part he put up consistently solid numbers. I think it he avg like 16 and 8. Couple that with Wade who was more ineffective than injured. LBJ's two other "superstars" didn't not have the postseason performances to merit such a claim.

with the way the Bulls played the last 2 seasons if LBJ stayed in Cle he might not have won the division let alone a title hes already won in MIA
I wonder how Dan Gilbert's been feeling the last couple of weeks

i kinda agree with what bill simmons says all the time, dude should have gone to the knicks

if he won a title in NY he would be revered and new yorkers would BLOW UP anything he did

Originally Posted by RKO2004

He did what he wanted as a free agent. He chose this path, it is what it is.

He and the Heat got their chip. He didn't want to be "The man". Takes a different kind of guy to do that. He's not "that" guy.

Me personally, I would of loved to see him stay and get a chip in Cleveland. Would of been much more rewarding.
alien.gif
Were you watching the playoffs? What is the definition of being "The Man" on a team? 45 @ Boston being down in the series 3-2? 40 @ Indiana being down 2-1. There are plenty of other examples of what he did in the playoffs both statistically and what he did defensively. If it wasn't for the media looking to make these extreme controversial stories and for Lebron being one of the most scrutinized and over analyzed athlete in history, no one would be questioning whether or not he's "that" guy. Was he "that" guy in Cleveland when he took those teams to a championship? 

Lol trying to discredit bosh.

When he was signed it was damn well known he was a star and one of the top pf in the game.

If he wasn't, why would he, Lebron, and wade all be getting paid the same? Pat Riley is just gonna pay some above average player a max contract?

Originally Posted by presequel

Lol trying to discredit bosh.

When he was signed it was damn well known he was a star and one of the top pf in the game.

If he wasn't, why would he, Lebron, and wade all be getting paid the same? Pat Riley is just gonna pay some above average player a max contract?

There is a difference between being a max player and getting a max contract. 

- Rashard Lewis

Bosh is an all-star but I don't consider him a superstar (as others have mentioned already). Bron and Wade are superstars; Bosh is on a lower level. Now, that doesn't mean he isn't one of the better PFs in the game.

LeBron made the right decision; he could have done it in a better manner but I'm sure he learned from that experience; it's time to let it go.

Originally Posted by wttm

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

This is the part I'm going to hate arguing when it comes to Lebron: Chris Bosh, a superstar?!

It's a power duo... and Chris Bosh. Dude is nice, but wasn't a superstar before MIA.

Big 3? Meh, I can buy it. Kind of just gets tossed around because of Ray/Kevin/Paul and Kobe/Bynum/Pau, so whatever.

But Chris Bosh the superstar? Yeahno. Bron had another superstar (singular, not plural), just like all the rest of our beloved phenoms.

lmao thats exactly why he went back to the States. Bosh IS an all-star in TO but like all things north, you don't get any exposure down there.
he has done everything on the raptors that he's doing on the heat right now and now hes a SUPERstar because hes getting th exposure 
wink.gif

Man ++%# Canada.

I guess those previous years in Cleveland he never tried to win one. Who knew he could snap his fingers and get a chip in Cleveland, he just chose not to.

Cleveland was never going to win one (let alone multiple) title with the direction that franchise was going.

The guy wrote his own destiny instead of waiting around for other people to do it for him.

People need to get over it.

Never mind. We'll just appreciate LBJ in the NOW.

I like Lebron too guys, but I'm not going to ignore key events that happened over the years either.

Also I'm not dismissing the Cavs front office whatsoever. But if I'm Lebron, I go into the front office and DEMAND player A or B. Why he didn't do that. I don't know. Oh wait, maybe he did.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I never saw a problem with LeBron going to Miami... He gave it a run in Cleveland & it never worked out. He wanted to win (which was always the biggest complaint with him) & he went somewhere where he could get that done. The only issue with switching teams was how he went about doing it, imo.

What people need to get is that it was always the right decision. Poor management for years, anyone with that weight on their shoulders would have enough. "The Decision" special is what people had issue with. And i don't even have much of an issue with that anymore. Thinking about it, he was hounded for years about that decision, it might've been something he felt like he had to do.

I wonder if anything could have kept LBJ in Cleveland or did he have plans of leaving prior. I mean he, Wade and Bosh did sign pretty much the same deal. Hmmm.

It was well chronicled he tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland and Bosh didn't want to go. In fact, nobody did. The only FA who said they would was Ariza, but Ariza's FA year was one yr prior to Summer of LeBron, so it wouldn't have made sense for him to do it then, not knowing if LeBron would stay more than a yr. Amare when asked, said he would consider it, yet he was actually the first person to sign his deal that offseason so seems doubtful. Plus you can tell he loves NY despite the losing.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It was well chronicled he tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland and Bosh didn't want to go. In fact, nobody did. The only FA who said they would was Ariza, but Ariza's FA year was one yr prior to Summer of LeBron, so it wouldn't have made sense for him to do it then, not knowing if LeBron would stay more than a yr. Amare when asked, said he would consider it, yet he was actually the first person to sign his deal that offseason so seems doubtful. Plus you can tell he loves NY despite the losing.
Amare said had the Cavs traded for him, if Bron wanted to stay then he would of stayed as well.

I don't know how hard Bosh was courted but if you ask me, the plan was MIA since they had the cap room for all 3.

How can you possibly blame Lebron for leaving Cleveland after playing for 7 years under the ownership of a crazy person?

Well, if you do 3 max guys (assuming Bosh and Amare as a wash) in Cleveland under that front office that has failed you for 7 yrs up to that point, or in Miami under Pat Riley- most people choose Miami.

hmm lets see,

Cleveland for 7 year=0 rings

Miami for 2 years= 1 ring

Clearly made the right decision. They probably have a strong chance to repeat too, if wade comes back healthy.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Agreed, but people need to get the $*@* over it already.

Yep!
Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Probably would have been more rewarding had he won in Cleveland.
Absolutely
Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Joining up with two other superstars in their prime? 

ff936dbd6a02c3a1b313cad547e7ed7507b529b0_r.png

Get the hate out of your left breast boss.

RKO2004 wrote:
He did what he wanted as a free agent. He chose this path, it is what it is. 

He and the Heat got their chip. He didn't want to be "The man". Takes a different kind of guy to do that. He's not "that" guy. 

Me personally, I would of loved to see him stay and get a chip in Cleveland. Would of been much more rewarding.

b2736fbe679ecc9bb421c8af47b7eb00190dd0cc_r.gif

Someone obviously didn't watch the playoffs. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

I guess those previous years in Cleveland he never tried to win one. Who knew he could snap his fingers and get a chip in Cleveland, he just chose not to.

Who cares how you get it done, as long as you get it done. He did it his way. Find yours IMO. The decision special was maybe a little bit overboard, but who really cares, it was great advertising for the NBA. 

Back
Top Bottom