NT Calgary

hahaha damn, I always hate finding a good deal and being off by like a size or a half. 

What do you guys think of the sneaker movement in Calgary though? I've met a few guys that have been doing the sneaker game since mid 90's, and they seemed to have fallen off a bit. There's probably not enough demand yet to try to get a "sneaker-con" going eh?

I was actually thinking about renting a community hall close to transit to organize a meet and greet for our sneaker community in Calgary. My only concern is that a lot of the re-sellers will try to sell stuff for stupid prices, which than will turn off the real collectors out there. 

If I could actually round up some people that are in it for the actual game, I would fork out the money myself to organize an event. I'm just really passionate about basketball and the culture that follows it. 

Let me know your thoughts/opinions. 

Hey Amen, if you make it to Calgary feel free to shoot me a PM and I can provide you any advice that I can. 

There's actually a lot of leagues and great places to play ball. One place you can always find a pick up game is by Barlow and Mcknight. It's called the Calgary Rotary Park. I've always found the competition to be decent there, but all around good guys. 

YMCA is always a good spot for pick up games as well. 

As for leagues, there are a few beer leagues and competitive ones as well. I believe Calgary Sports Club has a beer league and a competitive one as well. 

As for living expenses, yea, I'll have to agree with everyone that real estate and rent is steep, but at least we don't have PST hahaha. 

Sneaker game out here is getting pretty stupid... to the point where I don't bother trying to pick up anything at FL or Champs in the malls, rather just try to get them online or through a connect in the States. It just irks me when I see a line up at 8 PM on a Friday and than 6 AM the next morning, kijiji is flooded with re-sellers. 

At the end of the day, re-sellers will always be there and they're part of the game. Nothing we can change about that (I've bought sneakers from re-sellers before too). It's just some of the postings I see on Kijiji piss the hell out of me. One guy wanted a pair of concord low's but ONLY wanted to pay less than retail and had to be delivered to him. Like really buddy? hahahah ok that's my daily rant for today. 

Anyone want a pair of Size 10 DS Air Jordan XX8 Bamboo's for $300? I won two by accident on eBay and now have three pairs lol. 
Thanks a bunch brother I will def shoot you a PM if I do make it out there... and maybe grab a hold of those bamboos. As for rent and real estate I been looking more so on kijiji and what not and it seems just about the same as Toronto, however the PST makes a hell of a lot of difference which is good. Also I hear you about the sneaker game transition, out in Toronto, its damn near impossible to avoid a line up. My final interview is on tuesday which will determine if I will get the Job or not. I hope to meet some of you guys out there if I make it, and hopefully hoop with yall too. Your city looks amazing from the pictures I seen, and I'm sure the people are amazing as well. 

For sure Amen, any way I can help. I won't bore you with the details, but be super careful about rental ad's on Kijiji. Just like anywhere in the world, there's always going to be scammers and idiots trying to take advantage of people. If you don't have any family or friends, let me know if there's a place you want me to look in person for you and I can check out the place, make sure it's actually legit. I'm all about helping people out, I went through my stupid phase in Jr High and High School and realized being positive and helping people is way better for my health than being a jerk and selfish hahaha. I'm also a Buddhist, so what goes around comes around.

If you don't mind me asking, what field of work do you  do? I'm in IT and actually work for the Calgary Board of Education.

But yea man, anything I can help answer for you about Calgary just shot me a PM, I was born and rasied here in 403, so this city is pretty much all I know lol. All the best Amen.

hahaha damn, I always hate finding a good deal and being off by like a size or a half. 
What do you guys think of the sneaker movement in Calgary though? I've met a few guys that have been doing the sneaker game since mid 90's, and they seemed to have fallen off a bit. There's probably not enough demand yet to try to get a "sneaker-con" going eh?

I was actually thinking about renting a community hall close to transit to organize a meet and greet for our sneaker community in Calgary. My only concern is that a lot of the re-sellers will try to sell stuff for stupid prices, which than will turn off the real collectors out there. 

If I could actually round up some people that are in it for the actual game, I would fork out the money myself to organize an event. I'm just really passionate about basketball and the culture that follows it. 

Pretty much like any sneaker convention. I'd imagine a pretty decent turnout. Would be rad I think, used to be in the band scene and Hillhurst-Sunnyside was always one of the best venues for gatherings.

Van is having one and judged on the lines I've seen, I'd peg anywhere from 100-120 real heads might come out to setup.

Last edited:
I'm from edmonton. New to the shoe game. Landed carmine 6's yesterday. Couldn't find the carmine 1s or iron purple 2s anywhere!

Anyone have any luck?

Use the promo SHIPCOWTOWN for free shipping to Calgary. LIvestock is great, I buy from them as often as I can... They really look after you
Thanks for the heads up man I appreciate it. Any others sites you deal with based in Canada? Really gotta find those carmine 1s now!

For sure Amen, any way I can help. I won't bore you with the details, but be super careful about rental ad's on Kijiji. Just like anywhere in the world, there's always going to be scammers and idiots trying to take advantage of people. If you don't have any family or friends, let me know if there's a place you want me to look in person for you and I can check out the place, make sure it's actually legit. I'm all about helping people out, I went through my stupid phase in Jr High and High School and realized being positive and helping people is way better for my health than being a jerk and selfish hahaha. I'm also a Buddhist, so what goes around comes around.

If you don't mind me asking, what field of work do you  do? I'm in IT and actually work for the Calgary Board of Education.

But yea man, anything I can help answer for you about Calgary just shot me a PM, I was born and rasied here in 403, so this city is pretty much all I know lol. All the best Amen.
Check your PM brother

Use the promo SHIPCOWTOWN for free shipping to Calgary. LIvestock is great, I buy from them as often as I can... They really look after you
Is this an unlimited code? Like, can I use it anytime I want more than once?

And by the way, anybody got that quick strike Kobe 9 Philippines from them?

Last edited:

I'm from edmonton. New to the shoe game. Landed carmine 6's yesterday. Couldn't find the carmine 1s or iron purple 2s anywhere!

Anyone have any luck?
Don't forget to rep the people who helped you. Welcome to the sneaker game.

Last edited:

I know right? I can wear a thicker pair of socks with an 11.5 and the fit will be perfect but it just looks too big it's like your stealing Ronald McDonald's style.

www.courtsidesneakers.com out of PEI. They always try to sell at US Retail and they happen to have some sizes of Carmine 1's
wink.gif
There's people that far east that care about sneakers? Damn... Now I've seen it all LOL 

JK though, just never thought there was a market for the maritime provinces hahah. 

Looks like Champs Chinook is 1/2 stores in Canada getting the Cigars/Champagne. They are also getting the black 5lab3's on Friday in case anyone missed out.

I may go camp for the Cigars, release is looking kinda limited and as a huge cigar collector, these are must haves.

checking in from 403 
pimp.gif

@hozer  thanks for that code for free shipping from livestock..smh, i didn't even know about that 
roll.gif

checking in from 403 :pimp:
@hozer
 thanks for that code for free shipping from livestock..smh, i didn't even know about that :rofl:

Wicked man, nice to have you in here! Glad you were able to make use of the code, keep in mind its unlimited as well!

Last edited:
anyone on here grabbing the cigars/champagne? I know I aint lining up early for em but good luck to those that are looking to get em 
smokin.gif

anyone on here grabbing the cigars/champagne? I know I aint lining up early for em but good luck to those that are looking to get em :smokin

Imma make some calls Thursday and see what stock looks like for all the releases. So much coming out this weekend and both Champs and FTL make you go back in line to cop more than one shoe on RD. So between Cig/Champ, Low 11's and WTKD should be able to cop something. If not I can be back home in time to hit up NDC and 8am

Me personally? I'm all about those cigars. Have a huge 6x3 humidor in my office and cant wait to go HAM on the cheese pics lol

Just some knowledge for the local 403 and 780 in regards to this weekend.

The 2 stores receiving Cigars and Champagnes in the area are Champs Chinook and FTL West Ed.

Champs will be holding an in-store raffle of which you may only enter for your personal shoe size. You may enter and win both pairs (if you are lucky like that). They don't even have a FSR of either pair, very limited. Unsure on FTL's procedures.

Chinook Champs and FTL will both have Black 5Lab3's and the 11's, of which both will be FCFS. Unsure of 5Lab numbers but the lows are plentiful.

Last edited:
Just some knowledge for the local 403 and 780 in regards to this weekend.

The 2 stores receiving Cigars and Champagnes in the area are Champs Chinook and FTL West Ed.

Champs will be holding an in-store raffle of which you may only enter for your personal shoe size. You may enter and win both pairs (if you are lucky like that). They don't even have a FSR of either pair, very limited. Unsure on FTL's procedures.

Chinook Champs and FTL will both have Black 5Lab3's and the 11's, of which both will be FCFS. Unsure of 5Lab numbers but the lows are plentiful.
When can we start getting tickets for the raffle? I wanna give it a try. I might get lucky again.

Back
Top Bottom