NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Thing I don't get is why the Amazon Video app isn't available for Android based players. I even sideloaded and it still didn't work.

Amazon video, last time I check which was a long while ago, is actually in the regular Amazon app.

I wish Amazon Video was more like a streaming service and less like Blockbuster, barely use it cause I'd hate to not be paying attention and rent/purchase a move without noticing

Last edited:
Amazon video, last time I check which was a long while ago, is actually in the regular Amazon app.

I wish Amazon Video was more like a streaming service and less like Blockbuster, barely use it cause I'd hate to not be paying attention and rent/purchase a move without noticing

It's a separate app now.

It's a separate app now.

Yea, they force you to download it through the Amazon Market when you want to watch things on Amazon. It's coo, whatever, but I have to move my Roku from the bedroom to the front room when I want to watch it. Been a lil lazy about buying a Fire Stick but might do it this weekend since I have a $5 cert expiring.

How do you like SlingTV? Does it lag/have bad quality? Thinking of getting the Blue Package when I move out.
@FrankNewVillage   - slingtv is great man...HD, no buffering, and now they offered me 100 hours of DVR for free (during beta testing) !!.  The most basic package is what I have + $5 for sports package and its all the channels I can ask for:  tnt, tbs, usa, cnn, travel, food, hgtv, cartoon for kiddos and much more...then with sports u get the pac12, NBATV, and a bunch of beinsports....no complaints at all and totally worth the $25 i pay a month.  Definitely check them out and look at their promo deals...when i signed up they gave 2 roku sticks.

@FrankNewVillage   - slingtv is great man...HD, no buffering, and now they offered me 100 hours of DVR for free (during beta testing) !!.  The most basic package is what I have + $5 for sports package and its all the channels I can ask for:  tnt, tbs, usa, cnn, travel, food, hgtv, cartoon for kiddos and much more...then with sports u get the pac12, NBATV, and a bunch of beinsports....no complaints at all and totally worth the $25 i pay a month.  Definitely check them out and look at their promo deals...when i signed up they gave 2 roku sticks.
Prob end up being my back up if DTVNow ends up disappointing or raises the price

for Prime members Amazon Video is a streaming service like Netflix

if you have it, watch View media item 2313793

I'd hope people aren't paying for prime without knowing they have free video and music streaming. Some items you do have to buy.

I know, but there's more items that I want to watch that do cost, even with prime, than the prime items. For example majority of the seasons of SpongeBob are not included in prime and cost to rent. I might as well watch em off Kodi or Terrarium.

Thing I don't get is why the Amazon Video app isn't available for Android based players. I even sideloaded and it still didn't work.

this right here is equally confusing.

Amazon Video not available on Android based players? #excusemesaywhat

I know, but there's more items that I want to watch that do cost, even with prime, than the prime items. For example majority of the seasons of SpongeBob are not included in prime and cost to rent. I might as well watch em off Kodi or Terrarium.

ok?

theres things i wanna watch on Netflix that i have to wait for them to make available.

that doesnt make it something its not.

my dude, you just called their streaming service Blockbuster because you cant watch Spongebob without paying for it. sheesh.

ok?

theres things i wanna watch on Netflix that i have to wait for them to make available.

that doesnt make it something its not.

my dude, you just called their streaming service Blockbuster because you cant watch Spongebob without paying for it. sheesh.
I called their service Blockbuster because there's more items that I want to view for rent than what is included in the service using SpongeBob as an example.

Their content isn't deep enough for me, their shipping benefits far outweigh their movies and shows that don't cost me anything additional.......

I called their service Blockbuster because there's more items that I want to view for rent than what is included in the service using SpongeBob as an example.

Their content isn't deep enough for me, their shipping benefits far outweigh their movies and shows that don't cost me anything additional.......

you got it boss.

The only thing stopping me is not having an alternative to watch my local NY sports teams :rolleyes

In the meantime, I just use my Roku boxes to stream basic channels/sports through the TWC app

Last edited:
Cutting my cable today. Last week I sat down and added up all the actual tv I watched and it was only 6 hours in 7 days. $121 for cable and internet is a waste of my money.

Still on my old verizon cable package. I looked at the new offer they had and it was $25-30 more. How they losing customers and tryna charge people more?

Back
Top Bottom