NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Just prepaid the 3 months of directv now and my 4k apple TV came in less than a week.

Ill test it out for these 3 months and see how I like it, first try with cutting the cord. Def not going back to cable so hopefully I like it

Can someone school me on set tv. I'm getting tired of sling. Not enough channels really offered. And are there any local restrictions on channels, like when they black out certain channels?

After months of it just sitting around, finally hooked up my Digital Antenna. American Gladiators, Wonder Years, CMLL Wrestling are some of the options that are there for me

I tried it out for the three day trial, then I was out. You could tell it wasn’t legal and poorly supported. Makes a ton of sense that this is the guy behind it:

jasonl.jpg

:lol:

I’ve been on DirecTV Now for about a year now. No complaints at all.

When it's all said and done, and the market settles, Disney gets it's Netflix competitor up and running....

Cutting the cord will cost the same as cable, you will just be paying different people.

That is the reality we have begun to face...........especially with ESPN joining the fray with ESPN Plus (which I heard is not even a decent "cut the cord" alternative from regular ESPN, since you can't watch SportsCenter on there, like it matters to some ppl)

they wont be happy until the thread is locked

it takes less than a 15 second Google search for any idiot to find out what SetTV is really about

problem is one has to venture outside of NT to do so, something these dudes find hard to do
We would prefer not to penalize the discussion’s participants as a whole for the misconduct of a few. To make sure that’s the case, though, it would be helpful if those of you who appreciate this thread would use the report feature to bring any piracy discussion to the attention of our staff for removal.

Anyone who uses this thread to promote or ask for help with illegal streams, media player modifications, etc. will be permanently banned from the discussion. If you’re not sure if something is legal, look it up and use common sense.

Some of you must have a closet full of fake sneakers and empty UPS boxes if you really think it’s a good idea to purchase your premium television package from a member of the Icy Hot Stuntaz.

Been using sling on my new sony tv. I gotta erase the cache every other day tho cus it starts lagging or gets stuck on the loading screen.

TV service Philo now streams on Amazon and Apple devices

Philo may have started out as a streaming service for students in collaboration with universities, but the company has its own full-fledged consumer streaming service now. And the dev team is in the process of expanding the devices on which Philo is available; starting this summer, CNET reports, the cheap streaming service will have apps for both Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV devices.

The streaming service, which is supported by smaller cable channel companies like AMC and Discovery, has survived because of its impressively low subscription fees. It undercuts even its cheapest rivals with a $16/month price. Of course, that means that the offerings on Philo are limited. There are no sports channels (or big cable channels that have a lot of sports on them), news networks or local affiliates.

Instead, Philo counts smaller cable channels like Comedy Central, The Food Network and TLC among its offerings. The company is also now supporting TV Anywhere authentication with all of its apps except for OWN. According to CNET, that support is coming soon. TV Anywhere allows users to log into standalone apps, rather than solely viewing the content through the provider — in this case, Philo. Cable networks' apps often provide extra bonus content that can't be found on third-party streaming services.

Yo how do you cancel Vaders? They website to mody the subscription don't work.

Amazon, Netflix and studios sue subscription service over piracy

Hollywood studios usually fight piracy by chasing after software add-ons and free streaming services, with the occasional device thrown in. A paid service, however? That's relatively rare... or at least, it has been. Amazon, Netflix and multiple Hollywood studios (including Disney, Fox, Sony, Universal and Warner Bros.) have sued SET Broadcast over allegations its SET TV service is used expressly for piracy. While there is a dedicated set-top box, the centerpiece is a $20 per month subscription service that offers access to over 500 live TV channels and "thousands" of on-demand shows, including Netflix shows and movies that are still officially limited to theaters. As you might guess, the media giants argue SET TV is focused "overwhelmingly, if not exclusively" on pirated material.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-netflix-studios-sue-subscription-013200347.html

Back
Top Bottom