NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Good explanation for the hold up on ubiquitous 4k live sports. Large part cost-benefit analysis mixed with logistical hurdles between broadcasting equipment limitations and data bandwidth requirements.

With all the price hikes that have happened, it’s going to be a level playing field soon. Survival of the fittest.

Finally stopped mooching off my parents but atleast Tmo offers Netflix Premium for $11 a month vs. $20.

wasnt it free before ?

ATT still offering Max ( fka HBO Max ) for free
The basic tier is free which is limited to 1 screen and 720p. The higher tiers are discounted about $8 if you go through Tmo. Even though I rarely use Netflix I’ve been spoiled by 4k so can’t imagine being stuck with 720p. Add it to the list of Life Leaks…

Im still on that old “2 lines one plan all in” with employee discount. Cant do it.

Last edited:
Just got an email from Directv NOW, rate increase of $10 puts me around $100/mo before taxes. Thinking of cancelling as I have Netflix and Hulu accounts but what all are you using for streaming games, local channels, live tv series?

Just got an email from Directv NOW, rate increase of $10 puts me around $100/mo before taxes. Thinking of cancelling as I have Netflix and Hulu accounts but what all are you using for streaming games, local channels, live tv series?
Sling is cool, like $40 a month for me for all the cable channels and it’s like an extra $10 for the sports package but I got the ESPN app for that

Can’t get that sort of stuff if you are in group chats though. All these streaming services for sports are like 30+ seconds behind so you’re always getting spoilered constantly

It’s not good for live betting, that’s a rabbit hole/slippery slope that always screws you though :lol:

Amazon Prime - $120 per year

Tubi - FREE and probably the best selection of old movies than any of them

Disney Plus - $15 a month (I think) for the kids.

Over the air antenna + PBS Kids (free), Local news station app.

That's all you need for TV and movies.

You only get hosed when it comes to live sports, basketball specifically in my case. TNT and ESPN are a must for basketball fans and you have to end up getting some kind of package subscription for those that's almost the same as cable.

To update, I checked and have: Hulu, Netflix, Paramount+, Amazon Prime, Smart TV has a channel setup option I'll have to look into.

I didn't even consider the games being behind on stream. May need to add ESPN to one of the above subscriptions.

Yeah, live sports is really the only reason I haven’t cancelled optimum tv. I pay for my dad’s cable and he watches the local sports networks to watch basketball and football.

Yep cable has me for purely that one reason. Nothing i watch on it besides basketball. And I spring for league pass on it too so can catch most games without commercials. That’s the worst part of cable. That you’re paying a ton of money for it and you still have to deal with ads.

Yep cable has me for purely that one reason. Nothing i watch on it besides basketball. And I spring for league pass on it too so can catch most games without commercials. That’s the worst part of cable. That you’re paying a ton of money for it and you still have to deal with ads.
All these streaming services getting expensive, i wana say a big chunck of people are getting the cheaper ad version now.

Man so nba season is about to start. I usually rock with youtube tv but I only really watch sports and none of the other bs. I have tried Fubo TV and it's not bad but you can't share with other locations like you can with youtube tv but FB TV has bally sports which allows me to watch the pacers. **** is so trash man :lol:

I got that email too. DirecTV used to be free with my AT&T phone plan......now all the way to $80. I'm about cancel this joint. What other options are out there..?

1707081958230.png

Back
Top Bottom