Cherry.jpg

Cherry branches
Cherry 2.jpg

Cherry leaf

Orange.jpg

Orange Tree

Deep Pipe.jpg

PVC Pipe Watering Example

Salutes to everyone in this thread! My goodness, I am losing my mind trying to figure out what is going on with these fruit trees I have planted (pictured above). I want to be clear; I am no pro gardener AT ALL. I have planted a cherry tree and an orange tree (pictured above). I have planted them in a mixture of chicken manure, organic garden soil and the original soil that was there already. I also put a pipe in the soil directly next to it to water it correctly. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THESE TWO TREES! The leaves and stems are starting to brown and I don’t know why. I don’t want to over water them but does anyone think that maybe I’m not watering enough? It’s been hot this summer but I have watered them once every other day and put PLENTY of water down the pipe to feed the roots. Anyone have any tips for these trees or what I should do?

John00 John00

Just from reading the post are you fertilizing your trees? Eventually your soil mixture won't have any nutrients for your trees.

At minimum, you should be periodically adding/mixing in a layer of compost to the top layer of your soil for your trees to eat.

For fertilizer,A granular for the soil and a water soluble one as well.

I will add more info when I get home.

John00 John00

Just from reading the post are you fertilizing your trees? Eventually your soil mixture won't have any nutrients for your trees.

At minimum, you should be periodically adding/mixing in a layer of compost to the top layer of your soil for your trees to eat.

For fertilizer,A granular for the soil and a water soluble one as well.

I will add more info when I get home.

Thank you for responding, I can’t wait for you to drop more info! I just planted them last week but outside of the manure mixed in the soil I haven’t put anymore manure or fertilizer on the top soil.

I would really study these videos on fertilizers.

Here is a playlist of other info from him. But the video above should be enough.

Vegetable Garden Fertilizers and Nutrients
via @YouTube

4035022A-8014-4CCE-B57B-D67D87EA00F8.jpeg
624846ED-69D1-424E-8230-6CC695BC48EC.jpeg
3BFBCBCA-B21F-4D53-B91C-13B49519CD39.jpeg

I have 1 peach tree. Planted it 3 years ago. Last summer was the first time it grew fruit. In total it produced about 3 of those bags. First bag I picked and ate them/gave rest to friends because I got peached out. The 2 bags in the pic is when they started to drop so I just picked the rest of them and canned them/made jam/preserves and peach salsa. Last year I picked them in August. Tree has only gotten bigger. Also requires zero maintenance now that it’s established. I would water it first few months after I first planted it but now I just let nature take its course with rain

5 Benefits of Using Cinnamon In Your Garden

anyone here grows gourmet mushrooms? I was intrigued on how pink oyster taste like bacon .. so I'm trying to figure out how to grow them for my daily diet lol

I am gonna focus on peppers this year and maybe give tomatoes another try. My blackberries are coming back and maybe the blueberries too, cant tell for sure yet. I do know that basil is hard to mess up and it tends to take over anything next to it...

I had them outside in a raised bed garden... the seeds will spread no matter what. It coop though it never was so bad that it killed the other plants, just noticed it starting to grow in some of my other gardens.

Back
Top Bottom