NT I Have a Riddle For You

Ok so three guys go to rent a hotel room. The man at the counter tells them the room is going to be thirty dollars, so they each pay 10 dollars and
head up to their room. The man at the counter then realizes that he overcharged them and that the room should have been only 25 dollars. He sends the busboy upto their room with five dollars to repay them, but he knows 5 doesn't split 3 ways evenly, so he keeps 2 dollars and gives each man a dollar back. Thatwould mean that each man payed 9 dollars multiplied by 3 would equal 27 plus the 2 dollars the busboy kept. That only equals 29 dollars where did the otherdollar go?

They each paid 9 dollars... x 3 = 27. Minus the 2 kept by the bus boy which equals the 25 that should have been paid. Voila.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

They each paid 9 dollars... x 3 = 27. Minus the 2 kept by the bus boy which equals the 25 that should have been paid. Voila.

The busboy kept them dudes money and said he gave it to them....so they really paid $30 and the busboy pocketed $5

nah

the busboy didn't give them their 2 dollars....so they really paid $28

edit: yeah i read that wrong...but yeah

25 for that dude
2 for bus boy
3 for dudes

indifferent.gif

This is stupid, Where the money 'went' is not even a question! The question is what the hell is the man at the counter doing ripping of his customersand not giving them the 5 back?!

That is quite clever how it confuses you - you keep adding it up to $29.

It's just backwards - it should be 25 + 2 divided by 3 - not 30 - 2 divided by 3.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

This is stupid, Where the money 'went' is not even a question! The question is what the hell is the man at the counter doing ripping of his customers and not giving them the 5 back?!

You want riddles? I've got riddles...

- Paul's height is six feet, he's an assistant at a butcher's shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?

- A cowboy rode into town on Friday, stayed three days, and rode out again on Friday. How did he do that?

- There is a seven-letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters. What is the word?

To Google is to cheat...

why in the hell of it are three dudes renting a room that just costs $30??? Come to think of it.... I don't wanna know...

Originally Posted by KIDFLY SniperElite007

Ok. whats long and hard and has a lot of seamen. Dont quote me on this though
A submarine.

What's pink and hard?

Spoiler [+]
A pig with a flickknife.

- Paul's height is six feet, he's an assistant at a butcher's shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?

- A cowboy rode into town on Friday, stayed three days, and rode out again on Friday. How did he do that?

- There is a seven-letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters. What is the word?

To Google is to cheat...
1. meat
2. his horse was called Friday
3. therein

Originally Posted by kdawg

To Google is to cheat...
1. meat
2. his horse was called Friday
3. therein

Damn.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom