NT I Have a Riddle For You

Originally Posted by shoediniDC

Whats black, white and read all over?

Newspaper
smokin.gif

$3(how much was paid back)+$2(how much was given to busboy)+$25(how much boss kept as payment)=$30

$3(how much was paid back)+$27(how much they paid in the end)=$30

basically, the way we first think of it causes us to put numbers where they arent supposed to go. you shouldnt add 27+2 to find the total, you should add 27+3.although you could do 27-2 to figure out how much was given to the owner in the end.

(it took me drawing a diagram to figure this out
laugh.gif
)

edit: oh, looks like everyone already got it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by solidsnake

You want riddles? I've got riddles...

- Paul's height is six feet, he's an assistant at a butcher's shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?

- A cowboy rode into town on Friday, stayed three days, and rode out again on Friday. How did he do that?

- There is a seven-letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters. What is the word?

To Google is to cheat...
1. meat
2. his horse was called Friday
3. therein
Old boy heard these ones before I believe
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by the coolness

Newspaper
smokin.gif

If you say it out loud (and that's how it should be - "read" gives the answer away - it should be "red" so it's black and white andred) there are 3 answers to that - the one you gave and also:

a sunburnt penguin

or

a something about a zebra and a spear.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

You want riddles? I've got riddles...

- Paul's height is six feet, he's an assistant at a butcher's shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?
the meat at his butcher shop
- A cowboy rode into town on Friday, stayed three days, and rode out again on Friday. How did he do that?
his horses name is friday
- There is a seven-letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters. What is the word?
idk

To Google is to cheat...
no google used

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

$3(how much was paid back)+$2(how much was given to busboy)+$25(how much boss kept as payment)=$30

$3(how much was paid back)+$27(how much they paid in the end)=$30

basically, the way we first think of it causes us to put numbers where they arent supposed to go. you shouldnt add 27+2 to find the total, you should add 27+3. although you could do 27-2 to figure out how much was given to the owner in the end.

(it took me drawing a diagram to figure this out
laugh.gif
)

edit: oh, looks like everyone already got it
laugh.gif

We applaud the effort regardless
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by the coolness

Newspaper
smokin.gif

If you say it out loud (and that's how it should be - "read" gives the answer away - it should be "red" so it's black and white and red) there are 3 answers to that - the one you gave and also:

a sunburnt penguin

or

a something about a zebra and a spear.
Isn't a zebra covered in ketchup?

Back
Top Bottom