NT, I've been driving for 6 years and I still cannot parallel park.

I just passed my road test on wednesday, still need to go to the DMV to pick up my license

Learned how to parallel park before learning how to back in on the left 

Already a pro driver even though I don't need to drive 

Damn... i'm actually a G at parallel parking.

To the point where I see something open, stop on dime and just park into with without adjusting space or timing.

I used to be good at parallel parking when I started driving and drove a Camry. I've been driving an suv for awhile now and have tried a few times but couldn't get it. I definitely need to practice. Have to say it's part of the reason i don't drive into nyc.

<-- king of parallel parking. driving a stick shift in nob hill in san francisco.. i dont even correct. i just reverse in and curb the wheel and im out the car. 20 seconds max.

(parallel parking on hills for 7 years)

its all about using your side mirrors. always start by reversing in, and try to get your REAR wheels close to the curb before counter-steering. take it slow and you'll be a pro in no time!

Use the shadows cast from the parked cars in front of and behind you as well as your own to estimate how much space you have and use building windows / your reflection from passing cars as mirrors to assist you.

Last edited:
Parallel parkin is easy for me..

I can parallel park on the left side or the right side..it doesn't really matter..

This dude needs his girl to park for him. I can't. 
laugh.gif

Damn bruh, at least try. You let your girl park for you? damn.................. 

When I was learning how to drive, my dad would make me parallel park in different conditions, left side, right side, on hills, etc. So when I was doing on road lessons in drivers ed I would be the best one at it. After getting my license though, I was only driving around in my family's mini van so I avoided it. Now even after getting a car with a rear camera, I still avoid it.

The way I learned is double park the car to the car in the front, then backup until the rear seat is lined up with the tail of the car in the front, then turn the wheel all the way and back in until the front seat is lined up with the tail of the car in the front. Then turn the wheel all the way to the other side and back in until the car is even. If the car is longer, you just have to use the mirrors and determine when the rear tires are close enough to the curb. Worked for me most of the time but really depends how far out the car in the front is parked and how long your car is. Of course, this doesn't look as good as turning the wheel as you are backing in, but it works. :tongue:

Parallel parking is literally driving a car in reverse at a very slow pace, turning the wheel, and paying attention to what you are doing.
If you cant parallel park, you cant drive. Period.

:rofl: :rofl: after 2 minutes of failed attempts the driver finally decides to leave. lol Wow That spot was hugeee

Damn... i'm actually a G at parallel parking.

To the point where I see something open, stop on dime and just park into with without adjusting space or timing.

This. Bodied the parallel game years ago. I guess living in LA you have no choice

Girl I smashed couple months back came over, and said she couldn't PP... I rolled my eyes, grunted, and went outside with her... I forget the make, but it was a 3500, king cab, long bed, wide bed truck... Might have been the biggest truck I've ever been in... Legit closest spot was like a 1/4 mile away... Thank Jeebus for that back up cam...

The girl got a pass obviously lol...

Any of ya ever parallel parked whole there was another car double parked next to the car in front of the space? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom