NT, I've been driving for 6 years and I still cannot parallel park.

Rearview cameras? damn yall spoiled :lol:

OP, practice makes perfect....once u are in a situation where you have to parallel park or your car is left stranded, you will get better in no time...

I learned by force when i was in NY for a while...no normal parking out that way whatsoever

Bruh try 10 years and Im still useless at it. Its pretty much 60/40 for me to make the park or not. And if theres another car waiting or people watching it drops to 50/50. One time I failed 3 times and each time I completely drove around the block so the cars behind me wouldnt see me fail again
roll.gif

I can parralel park dually trucks first try with no parking aids.:pimp: only reason I've done that is because I valet parked for years. :lol:

But damn how do you make your girl park for you? :lol:

Yes, I have my license, but when it got to the parallel park section, there was only one car the instructor just had me park behind the car and pretend there was another car behind it to parallel park.

Whenever I go to the city, I usually get out and have my girl do it for me or I just try avoiding the city altogether.

Yes, I've tried it multiple times and every time it fails miserably.

Anyone else have trouble parallel parking?

uugetsb.gif

i have a harder time than most in parking lots so ill just park all the way in the back...

Imagine being garbage at parallel parking then working at a job that requirements it multiple times a day. The first month were so stressful.

I can parallel park perfectly unless other people are watching/waiting for me. That's when I start taking forever to get it right. I can't handle the pressure :lol:

:lol: Real talk

Last edited:
Move to a major east coast city, you'll be forced to learn. When my relatives from down south come and visit they always have me or mom parallel park. I was in philly for a work trip last month and my coworker doubted we could park and the street, told her to hop out the whip and let me handle it.

Where the hell do y'all live at that they hand you a license without knowing how to parallel park? Its the most important part of the driving test.

If you can't parallel park in DC then Ethiopians will rape your wallet when you park in their garages. I swear they own all of them in town. :lol:

It always funny to see drivers from NoVa try to pp in the city. It either takes them forever or they give up like that lady.

I could pp. I'm not gonna lie though, if there is less than 1.5 car space I'm not gonna try. I think 1.5 is the standard, but I know ppl that could do it with like 1ft space front and 1ft space back.

I like to avoid parallel parking at all costs. I always look for a spot with a smooth front entry available. 

I actually believe this was just passed as a law... And will be implemented in a few years...

i dont need it, and it doesnt make sense that you need such aids. i can maybe ubderstand if it were a large truck or ban though. parallel is all about feel, it aint hard.

I used to work for Enterprise Rent a Car when I was fresh out of college, got tons of experience driving tons of different cars of all different sizes, my parallel game is on God level

You know ur a beast when you can swing a no-window cargo van reverse, up a hill, into a parallel spot in SF :smokin

If a situation forced you to learn, you'd pick up the skill fast! I had to parallel in college for about 2 years and after that, I got the hang of it.

Thread reminds me of some guy I saw trying to park but kept having trouble with the sidewalk lol

Just reading OP's comments of "whenever I go to the city" and "avoiding the city altogether" ....pretty much sums it up. A couple of my friends from the suburbs can't parallel either.  I grew up and lived in the city all my life, parallel parking is second nature i don't even think about it. everything is street parking here and you even have to pay street meters at most areas. being able to pull in a plaza with parking, a free parking lot, or having a house with a garage is a luxury around here lol. 

I used to work for Enterprise Rent a Car when I was fresh out of college, got tons of experience driving tons of different cars of all different sizes, my parallel game is on God level

You know ur a beast when you can swing a no-window cargo van reverse, up a hill, into a parallel spot in SF
smokin.gif
same here would whip the $#%^ out them cars 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom