NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

had some riblets and a port mongo DIPA. aroma had citrus and floral notes. Taste had nice hops and citrus, well balanced. a very good beer.

Last edited:
Mongo is one of the faves. Basically any super drinkable citrusy/tropical IPA is up there for me.

Glad you enjoyed the Gose, @WallyHopp!  You actually seemed to have a better experience with it for a first time than I did.  I only made it through about 3/4 of the can before I drainpoured my first one, then a few days later I decided to give it another shot and muscled through the can.  Then after the third one I was hooked.  Now it's a beer I'll buy every time I can find it.  Something about the combination of sour and salty makes me salivate instantly.  

Mongo is one of the faves. Basically any super drinkable citrusy/tropical IPA is up there for me.
If that's the case, you need some Project Dank in your life.  Had my first bottle last night and loved every second of it.  It's pretty much a super tropical Pliny.

If that's the case, you need some Project Dank in your life.  Had my first bottle last night and loved every second of it.  It's pretty much a super tropical Pliny.

I agree with this recent batch of Project Dank. Super tropical! I remember not liking it as much the first time I had it but this recent batch was damn good.

Sipping on this tonight. Galaxy Unicorn DIPA by Pipeworks. Has a nice citrus and tropical fruit smell in the aroma. Wish I could say the same about the taste. Got a tiny bit of citrus and this weird menthol/medicinal flavor in the aftertaste. Did not enjoy this one at all.

Last edited:

Welp, let's hope La Cumbre distributes out of state sooner than later. CA ain't that far. ISO.

Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break.

I was surprised how sweet it was upon the first sip. I thought I wasn't going to like it, but as I kept sipping and as it warmed, the chocolate, caramel, and coffee flavors were nice and the alcohol was subtle. The mouthfeel, thickness, and creaminess reminded me of an alcoholic chocolate/coffee/caramel milk shake. I will definitely be seeking this out again.

As a #TeamStout member ... I'll have to seek this one out! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Remember that time everyone on here said that Beer Camp Across America was a disappointment and not worth the money?

Welp...

took some time, but I just went through my beer camp. Fav collabs were the Allagash, Cigar City, and Firestone. Now i'm onto my 24 pack Beer Camp from Costco! 8)8)

Gross, dawg 
laugh.gif

I just can't do that Cider "beer". It tastes like Champagne and is way too sweet. But to each their own!  

For NYC NT'ers: Continental in East Village. $2 drafts including Blue Moon, Brooklyn, Stella, Yuengling. Also 5 shots for $10.

Namaste is great. Got that in my fridge right now. The hint of pepper in there is dope

Yeah it's really grown on me

I brought 4 Flying Dog Dead Rises back from Ocean City, MD

I'm not crazy about their brewery but I enjoy one of these here or there; the Old Bay is unique in it

My bro and I are going to a local brewery tour for his birthday a week from tomorrow. Pics will be uploaded!

Anyone got questions for the brew master they want asked?

Toughest blind tasting I have done in awhile. I had a bottle/can of each in the fridge and with all relatively the same age, I went all in.

Smell wise, I could guess elevated from 10 feet away. It has that resiny pine smell down perfect. Jai alai seemed to have the least amount of hop Aroma. Just very sweet malt smelling. Flower power had a flowery aroma.

The blind aspect meant very little. Choosing a favorite and why is the challenge

Taste. Elevated had that astringent hop bomb-ish like bitterness that turns dry. Jai alai was just very creamy feeling. Like a HT almost. Totally 180 from elevated. FP was dry and crisp and lighter tasting than elevated. They all seem to capture a great range of IPAs. Each distinguishable in smell alone. Taste really sets them apart. Overall I have to say BA scores do seem right for me. elevated wins with the smell on an almost month old can. The others are nearly the same on all other fronts as far as quality. What Do you want in an Ipa? Answer that and pick one of these beasts.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you like the Jai Alai. Never been a fan and it's everywhere on draft around me. I'll drink it if it's the only IPA they have, but I usually go with  something else (Two Hearted, 60 min, Sierra Nevada, or even one of my all time faves, BL Smoothy!) 

I copped some Bass Ale for old time sake today at Publix. I used to love this stuff 10 years ago, but now I remember why I haven't bought it in years. Straight whack. 

I'm (somewhat) with Chopper. I like Jai Alai, don't get me wrong, but it went from one of my favorite IPAs to just another beer I'd consider purchasing when there's nothing interesting at the beer distributor.

*Cracks open can of Jai Alai*

Back
Top Bottom