NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Should I feel bad taking advantage of situations like this?

EMQXsI8.jpg

Last edited:
I am sleeping on getting FBS. Been too preoccupied with drinking a ton of bourbon. Need to go scoop some real soon. Just drank a Bells Hopslam and am finishing the night off with my last 2014 KBS.

Man, I need me some FBS for real for real.

Side note, anyone try Terra Incgnita by Sierra Nevada and Boulevard?

Couldnt pull the trigger on the $21.99 bottle of Terra Incognita so I went with $40 worth of these goodies:

(Not pictured: another bottle of Rochefort 10, currently drinking)

Ideal temp on rochefort 10? Fridge approaching room temp over time? Gonna bust one open here shortly.

^ Quads definitely close to room temp

Never heard of Terra Incognita. Checked it out on BA and reviews don't appear to be very positive, especially for a $22 beer. Has SN done any sours/wild ales that have had positive reviews? The only other one I know of is Brux with RR.....even that one didn't have very good reviews. I'm still sitting on two bottles of that after people said it was awful fresh :lol:

I keep passing on Rochefort 10 at my local bottleshop. I may pickup a bottle and do a side by side comparison once I decide to crack open my Westy 12.

Last edited:
Speaking of temperature, when I drink my beer, no matter what it is, I want it as cold as it can get without freezing. With that said, I typically put any beer I get in my fridge until it's go time. Sometimes I'll even throw one in the freezer while I drink one to make the next one real frosty.

I see some of you talking about cellars...are you really supposed to store beer that you won't drink in a dark/cool place? (For the records, I've NEVER "saved" a beer. I drink it usually within a couple days, if not the day of after I chill it)

One of the Imperial Pumpkin beers I had actually tasted better (or had more flavor?) after it cooled off some. That's what led me to this post.

Last edited:

I see some of you talking about cellars...are you really supposed to store beer that you won't drink in a dark/cool place? (For the records, I've NEVER "saved" a beer. I drink it usually within a couple days, if not the day of after I chill it)
Yes.  Dark is more important than cool.  UV light will kill a beer way before high temps will.

As far as "cellaring" my beers, I have a small fridge set up in my garage to store my beers. It is set to about 44 degrees right now. I'm only storing stouts, porters and quads in there. My fridge pic is a few pages back.
You asked if you are "supposed" to. I guess the correct answer is that you don't have to. I chose to.
I will buy 2-3 bottles of a particular beer. Drink 1 now and then age the other ones. If i do this every year, I can do vertical tastings of a particular beer to see how the taste has changed.
For example, I have 2013 bottles of Sucaba and Parabola. I also have 2014 bottles of both. Once the 2015 hits, I can do a vertical 3 year taste test.

In regards to cold beer, I guess it is a preference. Lagers are meant to be drank cold; stouts are meant to be drank after being out of the fridge for a minute. The warmer a beer is, the more flavors you'll taste.
At the end of the day, drink beer you like and the way you want.
As an experiment, buy two stouts. Leave one in the fridge, leave one out for 20 minutes. I'd put money, the one you left out is going to have more flavor.

Coo, thanks. I don't store anything unless it's in my fridge for a few days tops. But as far as drinking certain beers at certain temperatures, I'm starting to realize that might be true. I try and make my beer I drink as cold as I can because once it starts to get warm, it's hard to keep drinking.

Edit: Jbug, I'm gonna try that. Of all the beer I drank, I never gave that a thought but that Imperial Pumping beer did taste a lot different after it warmed up.

Last edited:

Speaking of temperature, when I drink my beer, no matter what it is, I want it as cold as it can get without freezing. With that said, I typically put any beer I get in my fridge until it's go time. Sometimes I'll even throw one in the freezer while I drink one to make the next one real frosty.
I do this too, even though I know I'm not "supposed to."  I just prefer my beer cold, regardless.

Last edited:
I like me some beer that high alcohol content but it's hard to drink fast so I'll pour a glass and then throw the rest in the freezer or fridge while I drink the first glass 
laugh.gif

I like me some beer that high alcohol content but it's hard to drink fast so I'll pour a glass and then throw the rest in the freezer or fridge while I drink the first glass :lol:  

I hate bombers for this reason. I don't always want to drink 22 ounces of a 10% ABV beer :smh:

Sometimes I'll drink half a bomber, recap it, and drink it the next day. It'll be flat by then, but whatever.

So I'm at the store and there are two bottles of pumpking left. Stored in room/store temperature. It has a "dob 8/14/14" marking. Should I buy it? If they are still good I will put them in the fridge to drink later on. Help please.

This was my Halloween. Started with some big beers - glad I did those first. The 120 Minute was fantastic - the first one I've ever had. Hard to believe it's at 18%. Very well done. The other two were a 2013 World Wide Stout and a 2011 Palo Santa Marron (I bought a 4-pack back then - they tasted like booze. This last one was wayyy better.).

Then it was onto the vodka, some kind of Blue Moon, and plenty of Coors.

Here's what I'm having tonight. Pretty tasty, Rogue did a good job with this one. I'd say porters are one of my favorite styles of beer.

My beer stash is coming along real nice for the winter time. Can't wait to see the beer I forgot about over these past few months!

Back
Top Bottom