NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

So I'm at the store and there are two bottles of pumpking left. Stored in room/store temperature. It has a "dob 8/14/14" marking. Should I buy it? If they are still good I will put them in the fridge to drink later on. Help please.
Absolutely buy them. I had a couple bottles from last year (2013) that sat in my fridge all spring/summer I was saving for rainy day. I drank them a couple months ago and they were fine. I always buy a bunch of Pumking before it goes away to have for random days or when I'm feeling pumpkin'y 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Pumking is so damn good, I should stack some too. Straight smells like pumpkin pie, I just end up smelling it for a while.

Store by me has Pumking for 7.99 a bottle, or $79.99 for a case. I typically end up with 2 cases at some point and save some for a rainy day.

Friend comes to visit this weekend for blizzcon with a few bottles of pumpking! She's a huge geek so we are stopping by bottle logic for sure. They brewed a collab beer for WoW's 10 year anniversary and will be debuted at blizzcon.

Last edited:
Impulse buys. They still seem cheaper than trips to a brewery for 2 to 4 pints and a growler to go. That 20 plus bucks seems rather wasted over a weekend stretch. Store bought beers seem to have some lonegivity. Saw SN BBA narwhal for 4 bucks cheaper than the other place and sprung to action

Also spotted singles of celebration ale. I want to revisit this without forcing myself into a 12pack purchase. Also spotted some new 10/27 project dank, and why not... more elevated.

I've also stopped getting beer with a dinner out at a restaurant. Heck no to 5.50 standard pints of locals. People seem too eager to drop $4 on a bottle of bud light with a burger but judge me on a $10 4 pack of elevated

Last edited:
^The only time I'll buy a pint of an adjunct lager is when I go to the sports bar down the road from me.  Burger, fries, and a pint of Yuengling for $6?  Unbeatable deal. 
pimp.gif

Sipping on my last bottle of Xocoveza tonight while watching the Warriors game. So damn good!

Also stopped by my local spot after work and picked up these bad boys :smokin.

^The only time I'll buy a pint of an adjunct lager is when I go to the sports bar down the road from me.  Burger, fries, and a pint of Yuengling for $6?  Unbeatable deal. :pimp:
Great deal. I can find some happy hour, or daily specials around. $2-3 pints of elevated plus a meal comes out to maybe $8. That's rare though. Mostly its still BMC happy hour specials etc.. "Craft" is still so highly priced, and some beers just arent worth that imho.

I spent $25 on four drinks at a local brewery this past weekend, with little to show for it really. The beers were surprises, and quite good. I still feel cheated somewhat. It's an odd feeling. I really liked the beers, but felt I'd rather have the cash. I'm sure a growler would be better in the future. I guess its all a learning phase. I realize sample servings are available, and then I'd buy a growler, walking away having spent just $12-13.

Today is apparently International Stout day.. I think I may go with one stout, and my usual IPAs...

Great choice on backwoods bastard up there. I love the slight bourbon taste and overall taste of BWB

Last edited:
Yup Wally. Today is International Stout Day.
A Xocoveza before The Black Keys concert tonight sounds like a plan...

Enjoying North Texas Beer Week right now. My local Whole Foods tapped kegs of KBS, Double Trouble and Dark Penance last night. Getting up for wok today was a horrible idea.

^looks like Spring House

yet to try anything from them

i've been checking for Big Gruesome bombers but haven't seem them anywhere this year

hopefully going to some breweries in Harrisburg area and maybe outside of Philly on the 16th and may stop at the Spring House taphouse

Picked up 5 bottles of pumpking, now that i think about it I should have just got the whole case. 

Not a fan of "Christmas/Winter" seasonal beers but will try some out.

Picked up 5 bottles of pumpking, now that i think about it I should have just got the whole case. 

Not a fan of "Christmas/Winter" seasonal beers but will try some out.
Have you tried Brooklyn Lager Winter Ale? Just pick up a six pack yesterday 

Not a huge fan of winter warmers myself, but not entirely opposed to "Christmas" beers either.  I'm into a nice stout/barleywine with some seasonal spices.  

Best believe I'll be on the hunt for some Christmas Bomb! soon

Back
Top Bottom