NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Wouldn't recommend this unless you like the taste of pine trees :lol:

Xocoveza a poor man's mexican cake or no comparison at all? Sometimes I drink the lower level stuff and just envision how good the really rare stuff is lol

Pretty much. Less body and pepper spice but I get more cinnamon from Xocoveza than MC. The nutmeg in Xocoveza is nice also. Never had Huna but i've heard similar comparisons between it and Xoco.

What are some of the Cali people favorite beer or top 5 beers. Trying to get a feel for the different taste from different coast?

Not in any order:

Pliny
Sculpin
FBS
Torpedo
Fortunate Island

All somewhat readily available stuff of course.

Last edited:
What are some of the Cali people favorite beer or top 5 beers. Trying to get a feel for the different taste from different coast?

No order:
Pliny
Sierra Nevada Kellerweis
Xocoveza
Chip Shot Coffee Porter (Smog City, local brewery)
California Love (Smog City/21st Amendment collab)
BCBS
that's six, sorry.

And just like someone else said, this list will be different next month...

Feeling worlds BETTER right now. I had a growler set aside from Saturday afternoon that I thought was elevated.. I didnt want it to go bad so I crack it open tonight. Souriness. A bit saison/hefe yeasty like. Then I remember they had a saison/farmhouse on tap for the party. I think they mixed up my order.. This was NOT the beer I wanted to reintroduce my palette to beer.. Odd ball souriness in the backend. Actual fruit prescence seems so muted. Maybe this is elevated and it went bad? Not a great mixup to have happen when I'm jumping back into beer (albeit 3 days later lol). It tries to be crisp but is just a bit overly heavy in the mouthfeel. This may be a drainpour fellas.

Sadly I dont really know what it should totally taste like. maybe I am still sick.. I think growler fills were $26 on this. I paid $9 for what I thought was an IPA.. A win for the ABV junky. A loss for my palette right now.

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to be located in Illinois? I found a couple things I'd to get my hands on.

^I am. What you looking for? I'm about 40 mins North of the City so if it's something down there, it'd be a little harder to get than up by me. 

I've never had an apricot beer, but I've had Lindemans Peche. Pretty tasty, and I would recommend it.

Last edited:
^ I don't know if I'd call it a "great" but I agree it's very good and something I can quite a bit of 
laugh.gif

Samuel Adam's White Christmas is one of the GOAT beers

highly recommended
GOAT beer you say I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Also Cali peeps going to check and see if my local grocery store has some of the beer you all listed. Thanks again for the input

White Christmas has that coriander/slight blue moon type of flavor. Solid when in between drinking heavier beers. Nice intro beer for those weary of craft this holiday season. Most Sam Adams appear this way now. Nothing profoundly flavor wise, strikes out to me with their beers anymore. Although I had a Boston Lager the other day. I caught some sort of smokiness in the taste. I hear of their sales of BL and fans being afraid of trying other craft beers. BL is nothing to laugh at. I wouldnt even consider that a true gateway beer. It has some unique flavor. It's odd that people jump into that beer or brand willingly and not the others.

Same with Pyramid Apricot Ale. I think I can down too many of them now. Abv is mellow. Taste seems a bit artificial, like Shock Tops are, so I am not surprised the BA score of 78 sits with apricot ale. It has a slight fruity taste. I compare it to the Abita purple haze beer. It almost doesn't even taste like a beer.

Last edited:
Sipping on this tonight. Pardon the artsy photo. My gf takes the photos to put on her instagram.

This is definitely my favorite s'more stout. It's delicious.

Thanks guys, I couldn't find any apriciot beers I'll have to try another joint. I did find this though, haven't had it in years, so dam nice

Talk about incredibly bad timing.. I caught a flu bug the same morning I have a slight hangover.. The magnitude of this fever/body ache/headache/shivers is so extreme right now. 20+ hours straight.. Hangovers shouldnt last but the morning. I'm swearing off beer for awhile. I cant even glance at the bottles. If yall wonder where I'm at, im still around lol.. Straight juice cleanse I think.

Feeling worlds BETTER right now. I had a growler set aside from Saturday afternoon that I thought was elevated.. I didnt want it to go bad so I crack it open tonight. Souriness. A bit saison/hefe yeasty like. Then I remember they had a saison/farmhouse on tap for the party. I think they mixed up my order.. This was NOT the beer I wanted to reintroduce my palette to beer.. Odd ball souriness in the backend. Actual fruit prescence seems so muted. Maybe this is elevated and it went bad? Not a great mixup to have happen when I'm jumping back into beer (albeit 3 days later lol). It tries to be crisp but is just a bit overly heavy in the mouthfeel. This may be a drainpour fellas.

Sadly I dont really know what it should totally taste like. maybe I am still sick.. I think growler fills were $26 on this. I paid $9 for what I thought was an IPA.. A win for the ABV junky. A loss for my palette right now.

My man Wally lasted two days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom