NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Creme brulee and Vietnamese speedway

I'm not sure I can tell the difference :wow:

Now that's funny. Maybe a little sad.. I'm making strides though. Walked away from a local breweries BBA Scotch Ale ($16.99/bomber). Only 300 available. I'm sure its good but I think I'm past that. BBA Old Rasputin and Avery Tweak spoiled my mood on spending real money for beer... My local brewery, Marble, had their Imperial Stout release last night. I passed on that as well. I may go get a glass someday, but I'd be tempted to get a $22 growler fill of goodness (bombers go for $13. So a growler fill is technically a steal).

I got caught up hoarding some imperial/strong beers again. I'm gonna make an effort to continue what I said I'd be doing and make it a "drink what I have" affair for the next two weeks

Beer Fridge roll call

Beers on deck for next 14 days:

Paulaner Munich Helles
Weihenstephaner Original
Deschutes Fresh squeezed IPA
Anderson Valley Holy Gose
Westbrook Gose- not sure why I tend to keep a hold of at least one can. I'll probably drink both Gose's blindly again in one sitting
Founders Backwoods '13 and '14
Founders Breakfast Stout 2014 x 8
Marble Imperial Stout '12 and '13 (a '14 purchase seems like it would fit in. But I'm passing for now)
Marble Reserve Ale '12 x2 and '13 (same as above. I've passed for the time being)
Marble Barley Wine (Early 2014)
Marble Pilsner
Marble Oatmeal Stout
Odell Gramps Oatmeal Stout- Two like styles, I may go with a blind here. Knock two out at once.
Stone IRS 2013
Stone Xocoveza x 2
SIerra Nevada BA Narwhal '14
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
North Coast BBA Old Rasputin '14
La Cumbre 3rd Anniversary Beligan Quad
Avery Tweak '14
Alaskan Smoked Porter 08&13-- Seems like a side by side is essential.
Sam Adams Winter pack (they had this on sale for $7, with a purchase of a turkey)
Shocktop Winter 12pack- I get family who buys this but never drinkings more than one or two. 4 months later, its still in the fridge. Honest impressions of the honey cask, or pretzel beers? Even chocolate wheat? I can get behind orange flavored beers but the others? I'm skeptical.

Time to tick down to the new year.. I may gift away some as presents. Then they open in my presence and we share lol

What are some of yall holding onto?

ps, a beer fridge is a BAD investment lol

Last edited:
Now that's funny. Maybe a little sad.. I'm making strides though. Walked away from a local breweries BBA Scotch Ale ($16.99/bomber). Only 300 available. I'm sure its good but I think I'm past that. BBA Old Rasputin and Avery Tweak spoiled my mood on spending real money for beer... My local brewery, Marble, had their Imperial Stout release last night. I passed on that as well. I may go get a glass someday, but I'd be tempted to get a $22 growler fill of goodness (bombers go for $13. So a growler fill is technically a steal).

I got caught up hoarding some imperial/strong beers again. I'm gonna make an effort to continue what I said I'd be doing and make it a "drink what I have" affair for the next two weeks

Beer Fridge roll call

Beers on deck for next 14 days:

Paulaner Munich Helles
Weihenstephaner Original
Deschutes Fresh squeezed IPA
Anderson Valley Holy Gose
Westbrook Gose- not sure why I tend to keep a hold of at least one can. I'll probably drink both Gose's blindly again in one sitting
Founders Backwoods '13 and '14
Founders Breakfast Stout 2014 x 8
Marble Imperial Stout '12 and '13 (a '14 purchase seems like it would fit in. But I'm passing for now)
Marble Reserve Ale '12 x2 and '13 (same as above. I've passed for the time being)
Marble Barley Wine (Early 2014)
Marble Pilsner
Marble Oatmeal Stout
Odell Gramps Oatmeal Stout- Two like styles, I may go with a blind here. Knock two out at once.
Stone IRS 2013
Stone Xocoveza x 2
SIerra Nevada BA Narwhal '14
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
North Coast BBA Old Rasputin '14
La Cumbre 3rd Anniversary Beligan Quad
Avery Tweak '14
Sam Adams Winter pack (they had this on sale for $7, with a purchase of a turkey)
Shocktop Winter 12pack- I get family who buys this but never drinkings more than one or two. 4 months later, its still in the fridge. Honest impressions of the honey cask, or pretzel beers? Even chocolate wheat? I can get behind orange flavored beers but the others? I'm skeptical.

Time to tick down to the new year

What are some of yall holding onto?

ps, a beer fridge is a BAD investment lol

I've been saving some sours to crack on special occasions. I've got Lost Abbey Veritas 14, Upland Kiwi Lambic, Rare Barrel Cosmic Dust, Modern Times Rampart Junction and a Modern Times Palace of Cracked Heads. Hoping to add a Chandelle and a few more Upland Lambics after the Holidays.

I'm in a similar boat as you, Wally.  I have a ton of cellared beers that I plan on cracking open during the holidays. Not exactly sure which one's I'm gonna get to, but here's the rundown:

Alaskan Smoked Porter

Prairie Bomb!

Prairie Christmas Bomb!

BCBS

BCBBW

Clown Shoes Extremely Angry Beast

Bell's Expedition Stout

Thirsty Dog Wulver

and let's not forget about my stockpile of sours and my case of Westbrook Gose.
laugh.gif

'Tis the season to start whittling down.

^How do sours go over for holiday events? I had my father try a Gose, and another guy into beer. Both hated it. Even saisons are a bit iffy for them. Do you have a group of people who like sours you share with?

^How do sours go over for holiday events? I had my father try a Gose, and another guy into beer. Both hated it. Even saisons are a bit iffy for them. Do you have a group of people who like sours you share with?
Sours are stockpiled for a reason
laugh.gif
.  Everyone in my family (barring my brother) can't stand sours.  I gave my grandfather (who was a brewer at Schaefer when they had a brewery in Brooklyn) a sip of Westbrook Gose and he wasn't having it haha.

My sour collection is reserved for a select few friends that can stomach them.  Luckily two of those friends are coming home for the holidays.  Hoping they can help me put a dent in my collection.  At this point a lot of them are just taking up space.

Had a party at the crib last weekend, so I made some whiskey drunken, unwise decisions, to go the "good" beer stash. Ended up giving away some BCBS and some Evil Twin offerings to some that I know did not appreciate what they were drinking.

:smh: Oh well, I had fun though :lol:

During the holidays, I dont drink too much beer. More of a whiskey/bourbon type of occasion for me, thank goodness.

Gift giving beers is great. I have a guy I know who loves a good whiskey or scotch. He also happens to like craft beer, but at a more local taproom or whatever is in a variety 12 pack type of drinkers. He was floored with BCBCS last year. I had enough to give away some last year. This year itll be some BCBS. More of a straight bourbon flavor vs. coffee+bourbon. He initially laughed at the price I paid. But only after drinking a couple BCBCS, and then realizing the ABV, he finally understood.

You all ever have drinking sessions where your senses are just so in tune and that beer youre drinking tastes like the best thing ever? It's happening now with me. Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA is reintroducing me to hops that dont have to taste like they smell. That pure hop smell is great in most beers. But this citra and mosaic deschutes fresh squeezed right now is giving off some sweet tropical flavors.. Damn good flavor. It's almost eclipsing my heavy weight IPA favorites. I want to capture this moment forever lol

Recently visited Chicago. I made a list of some good regional beers that I wanted to try. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find most of them. Oh and BTW I am from the Bay Area.

Here is the list I put together...

Three Floyds Brewing Company
Alpha King

Three Floyds Brewing Company
Zombie Dust

Half Acre
Daisy Cutter

Bell’s Brewery
Two Hearted Ale

Pipeworks Brewing Company
Ninja vs. Unicorn

The Bruery
Sour In the Rye

Anyways I did snap a couple of pictures of some of the beers I did get to try. Was I doing it right?

It wasnt so much as giving gifts, as much as it was hey i'm drunk, i have this really good beer, try it, try it, try it! :lol:

Sours are stockpiled for a reason
laugh.gif
.  Everyone in my family (barring my brother) can't stand sours.  I gave my grandfather (who was a brewer at Schaefer when they had a brewery in Brooklyn) a sip of Westbrook Gose and he wasn't having it haha.

My sour collection is reserved for a select few friends that can stomach them.  Luckily two of those friends are coming home for the holidays.  Hoping they can help me put a dent in my collection.  At this point a lot of them are just taking up space.
Just went to a share that was predominately Sours and Stouts...Sours are definitely meant for sharing with other sour enthusiasts. I've let some of my non crafty beer friends try some sours and they HATED them. So disrespectful haha. Wasted my pours on them, but oh well, more for me since I batted clean up.  Still looking to try a Westbrook Gose though. I've had their collab with Stillwater called Gose Gone Wild and I loved it.

Also for fellow San Diego Sour heads...rumor has it Alpine is going to release a Kiwi Sour soon, so stay up. I slept on their Chez Monus release and I've been kicking myself ever since cause the homies are telling me that it's one of the best sours they've ever had.

that lawson's is one of the IPA's i'm definitely trying to get my hands on...some Maine Beer Company ones too. 

Man, I tried to get wifey to bring me home some of that Sunshine and Double Sunshine on her work trip earlier in the year. Ended up with a bunch of Heady, but I've heard nothing but good stuff about Lawson's brews.

@NeoSole89
 Yea, just recently. They started distributing them in the beginning of this week. 

Nice! If you are willing to part with some...hit me up :smile:

The Bruery Preservation Society allotment came in today. Totally forgot I signed up for this :lol:.

Oaked Old Richland - Hoppy American Barleywine
Black Tuesday 2014
Sourrento - Sour blonde ale aged in oak barrels w/lemon zest and vanilla beans

Will be sipping on some Grapefruit Sculpin tonight. Glad they're making it more widely available now.

Its solid. Reminds me of a barleywine. Its sweet like caramel and has some fruity notes to it.

Cant wait to try these this week.

Back
Top Bottom