NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Sam Adams trying real hard with this stout ... It's ok .. silky smooth with nice notes of chocolate n a hint of coffee but kinda sweet to the taste... It's no left hand but ok all the same...

Last edited:

The BEST batch of Nelson I've ever had. 2 days old.

The BEST beer period. IMO of course.

Never been able to find any of Alpine's IPA offerings in bottles though. Did you get yours straight from the shop? I've still never been and I've been living in SD for 3 years :smh:

The BEST beer period. IMO of course.

Never been able to find any of Alpine's IPA offerings in bottles though. Did you get yours straight from the shop? I've still never been and I've been living in SD for 3 years :smh:

Yeah I stopped by Alpine today to pick up my Kiwi Herman's and grabbed a bottle of Nelson. There's a few liquor stores that gets Alpine bombers every now and then. You should try and hit up Alpine ASAP to get in on these Nelson's and also cause they have Kiwi Herman on tap.

Pick ups for the week. So much for cutting back. I haven't had consecration so I'm excited to open that. Mocha Wednsday and city of the sun I've had before and they are delicious.

Anyone ever try these? More specifically the Zum on the left called Lauren? Local spot said they one made 150 them total this year and said it's incredible.

After further review, it appears this maybe a local cat Brewing this, which is why he didn't make much...

^ You got yourself a winner there :lol:.

Sipping on these the past few days. Pliny is great as usual. Kiwi Rising from Jack's Abby is damn good! Crisp, clean and lots of hops. JA definitely knows their lagers.

A solid beer. Aroma had some roastiness, caramel and coffee as well as some fruity notes. Taste follows. I got more coffee than chocolate and it had a nice bitterness to it.

My Saturday is starting out pretty good.
Smog City Infinite Wishes.
Double Chocolate Imperial Stout aged for a year in bourbon barrels.

Just picked up 2 bottles of 2015 sucaba. It just landed in LA county. Dropped by a shop in my parents neighborhood. Habanero sculpin, 2013 Abyss, 2014 velvet merkin, and other gems available at retail. Such a slept on place v

Sipping on this tonight. This is one tasty brew! Getting some oaky bourbon, vanilla, coffee and a little sweetness from the cinnamon. One of the better BBA beers out there. Definitely recommended!

Last edited:

A very good beer. I liked this more than the czar. It was smooth and creamy. Got dark chocolate and coffee notes. There was this juicy note i got. It was bottled in june so it wasnt really bitter.

^WHY!? You were doing so well.

I did something stupid on Saturday. Went by La Cumbre. Ended up renewing my mug club membership (for $25, you get $1 off certain items, you get a gift glass etc.. ). I also picked up a growler of their specialty Coffee Milk Stout. In a blind tasting, I had a huge preference for it over the almightly FBS.. I also bought three pints there, took home an additional grlower and bought for others in my party.... I also happened to be there today. 3 more pints, and a to go growler of elevated.

My actual TW package foolishness is down quite a BIT. Technically no bomber purchases so far this new year (does a $24 growler count?. I actually got a $1 off for their membership, so for $23, I got 66 oz. of goodness. They do sell 22 oz bombers for 9, so by going BIGGER, I saved about $3. lol

I learned if you really wanna get away, turn off your untappd app, don't visit BA, this thread or any FB page that features new beers or breweries in general, and live off the grid. Beer in moderation is GREAT.. Moderation is a very lenient term though. I don't think people here have problems, unless you're living with 2 DWIs and truly can't have a beer (I have no criminal record fyi).

If you're looking to reduce calories, beer is truly BAD. So yeah, stay away. But in moderation, it's no worse or better than a soda, or ice cream.

^WHY!? You were doing so well.

I did something stupid on Saturday. Went by La Cumbre. Ended up renewing my mug club membership (for $25, you get $1 off certain items, you get a gift glass etc.. ). I also picked up a growler of their specialty Coffee Milk Stout. In a blind tasting, I had a huge preference for it over the almightly FBS.. I also bought three pints there, took home an additional grlower and bought for others in my party.... I also happened to be there today. 3 more pints, and a to go growler of elevated.

My actual TW package foolishness is down quite a BIT. Technically no bomber purchases so far this new year (does a $24 growler count?. I actually got a $1 off for their membership, so for $23, I got 66 oz. of goodness. They do sell 22 oz bombers for 9, so by going BIGGER, I saved about $3. lol
I'm still on the straight and narrow, for the most part.  Heady just landed here today, so I felt compelled to pick up a 4-pack.  The others will be saved and/or shared amongst friends when the time is right.  My beer consumption is still down to 1-2 days out of the week.  I will splurge when necessary though. 
laugh.gif

Not that binge is the way to go, but yeah, buy and save, and splurge for the weekend will inevitably lead to you drinking less than you "projected". A hell of a lot better than 1-3 pints a night. Multiply those 1-3 over a 5 day span, and there's no way you catch up by drinking 6 morebeers on a Friday or Saturday night (unless you're a total drunk). The calorie loss should be seen eventually. Myself, I have lost about 3 lbs. 1-2 a night during the week was not good. Instead the #s actually work in our favor by going with 4-5 during a weekend. It's truly a numbers game.

ps, ill stop by that place later this week and see whats up with xocoveza.

Back
Top Bottom