NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

How are you guys getting the heady topper?  Do you live in vermont?  I have gotten my hands on it once from a friend that lived in burlington for a short while, but i go to Killington regularly and all the guys there tell us that it doesnt even make it that far south.

Pops up randomly at a few distributors by me.  Guessing they have mules that go up and grab some cases periodically.  I can usually get my hands on some 5-6 times a year.

Last edited:
^ So many good beers to try on that list. Just from skimming the list, I'd recommend:

- CBS
- Anything from Modern Times
- Jackie O's BB Dark Apparition
- Westbrook DB Mex Cake
- TG Pseudosue and King Sue

So many to choose from. Looks like you'll have a lot of fun.

Pops up randomly at a few distributors by me.  Guessing they have mules that go up and grab some cases periodically.  I can usually get my hands on some 5-6 times a year.
where you at?  im in PA and i have never seen that stuff down here

Opps I did it again.

Trip to TW along with a trek for some xocoveza (nothing found just yet) led to these pickups. It's no neosole89 haul (SoS sounds awesome) But I like it.

TW haul:
-Cheap Dos Equis. A true waterbreak, don't think about nothing type of beer. For that, I can appreciate what Stella and Modelo Especial bring to the table. No hate there.
-Deschutes Red Chair PNWPA.. Can't beat a seasonal pale ale from these guys. Seasonal=Fresh, so for the hoppy styles that thrive off freshness, I like it.
- La Cumbre Elevated IPA.. A staple for me. 14 days old.
-La Cumbre Project Dank IPA. two days old. I'm getting into one of these ASAP
-Lagunitas Sucks. I had an itching for some of this stuff. It's dated mid November, so around 2 months old. Likely the freshest I've seen in awhile (another place had some October stock)

After that I stopped at another obscure place that tends to sit on stuff much longer (they have cases of Hoptimum sitting). This place had Xocoveza for months. Not anymore.. I did happen to spot some Guiness FES in the mix 6 pack for $7.99 area. Since it goes for $8.99 for 4 usually, this was a steal. I happened upon some SN Coffee Stout as well (I believe only available in the snowpack). I didn't have time and already spent quite a bit at TW, so I didn't dissect the mix 6 selection too much. I did see some double myrcenary in the mix 6 (for $9.99) grouping.

I missed out on some brewfest tickets ($30 per person), so this is my consolation prize

Last edited:
Sucaba '15 is hitting here in SoCal this week. Stopped into my local BevMo after work. They had 6 cases. Of 2014. Looking on BA, seems like the whole of Los Angeles got cases of 2014. So weird.

Opps I did it again.

Trip to TW along with a trek for some xocoveza (nothing found just yet) led to these pickups. It's no neosole89 haul (SoS sounds awesome) But I like it.

TW haul:
-Cheap Dos Equis. A true waterbreak, don't think about nothing type of beer. For that, I can appreciate what Stella and Modelo Especial bring to the table. No hate there.
-Deschutes Red Chair PNWPA.. Can't beat a seasonal pale ale from these guys. Seasonal=Fresh, so for the hoppy styles that thrive off freshness, I like it.
- La Cumbre Elevated IPA.. A staple for me. 14 days old.
-La Cumbre Project Dank IPA. two days old. I'm getting into one of these ASAP
-Lagunitas Sucks. I had an itching for some of this stuff. It's dated mid November, so around 2 months old. Likely the freshest I've seen in awhile (another place had some October stock)

After that I stopped at another obscure place that tends to sit on stuff much longer (they have cases of Hoptimum sitting). This place had Xocoveza for months. Not anymore.. I did happen to spot some Guiness FES in the mix 6 pack for $7.99 area. Since it goes for $8.99 for 4 usually, this was a steal. I happened upon some SN Coffee Stout as well (I believe only available in the snowpack). I didn't have time and already spent quite a bit at TW, so I didn't dissect the mix 6 selection too much. I did see some double myrcenary in the mix 6 (for $9.99) grouping.

I missed out on some brewfest tickets ($30 per person), so this is my consolation prize

Can't go wrong with some Elevated and PD. I'd highly recommend SoS if you have a chance to try it. Probably the best DIPA I've had to date.

Went by a beer store looking for some stout for a beer braised chuck roast that I'm cooking this afternoon, and happened upon a bottle of Xocoveza sitting on a "discount" closeout shelf. Price was not marked down, so I'm guessing it wasn't supposed to be placed there. If anyone needs it or wants it, I'm down for a trade.

Making some guinness FES/La Cumre Malpais stout beer braised chuck roast for supper. Guinness FES tasting extra bitter today, moreso than Malpais stout.

Also happened to pick up a sixer of Blood Orange Holy Gose.. Thanks to the fellow NTer who sent me that WB Gose. I oddly like the style a lot.

Out in San Diego today! Have checked out rip current and lost abbey so far. On our way to ballast point. All the beer has been amazing so far

I drank too much on Jan 1st so I decided to take a month off. Coming into this thread is torture.

Out in San Diego today! Have checked out rip current and lost abbey so far. On our way to ballast point. All the beer has been amazing so far

Not sure which BP you're visiting, but the decor of the new spot by Miramar is crazy. You're of course paying for all that glitz with the cost of beer and food there :x

Enjoy brah!

Meh, InBev is doing alright with Goose Island.

The time I visited Seattle, I didn't like any of their offerings anyway.

*Kanye shrug*

Elysian selling is disgusting and disappointing.

And maybe the worst part of it is them claiming they're still going to brew Loser. Sub Pop better serve 'em with a C&D.

I wonder what D1ck Cantwell's significant other Kim Jordan (founder of New Belgium) has to say about this.

Last edited:
Three brewery trips today with the family.. Great times.. Locals producing some really stellar stuff. I instantly forget about the world around me when I'm in these places.

Btw, among the beers I did pass on the other day was a Clown shoes very angry beast bomber, some Abyss '14 bombers, and some Old Stock '13 reserve (which by meyer23's count, I missed out on lol) bombers which went for $24 each. So I am sorta taking some sacrifices here.

I was lucky to find a 2014 Abyss which I haven't tried yet but that Old Stock 13 was Incredible. I heard the Abyss was good, but a little over-rated as well. Haven't tried it yet.

So I may be headed to East Pasadena,CA for just a couple hours in the coming weeks. Any CA heads want to give out any suggestions? I have scooped out a bevmo and a wholefoods in the general area. Total Wine is further east, off of the highway. Would anyone recommend a brewery or restaurant? It may be my only stop, so its sorta gotta be worth while.. Between bevmo and TW, if you only had a chance to go to one, which one? I'm looking at tons of sculpin for the ride back. But any other suggestions?

I picked up a rebel rouser DIPA single today. Sam Adams will get its day in court soon. I also got a Odell Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout to go side by side with a youngs double chocolate stout. I'm thinking I drink the DIPA first, then give my taste buds a break

Back
Top Bottom