NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Giant Nelson Sauvin DIPA, FATHER NELSON by La Cumbre releases next week. You know how to contact me. No overcharging. Nothing crazy. Most of yall who have traded should know the drill. Need a head count of sorts, or all those extras will be consumed by me lol

I heard BCBCS has coffee added after the brewing process. So it was never really aged or brewed or SET in any type of coffee vessel. Or likewise, coffee wasn't thrown in the boiling phase or fermentation. In reality, what BCBCS and other variants have accomplished is stuff we can do at home.

As a home brewer, I have never really experiemented too far with added flavors (after it is done fermenting). We've done a few pre fermented additions such as Maple Syrup.

It's an interesting concept, but its likely, and sadly the same thing the breweries do to make their beers "special".

If someone had a mini corney keg, they could dump a couple bottles of BCBS in there, add some vanilla beans and coffee beans into a cheese cloth, and let that sit in your serving vessel as it is consumed... You will have some oxidation issues when pouring the beer into the keg. But if you can make it extra careful as it pours, you should be alright.

Even better, get a small dorm fridge big enough for a 5 gallon homebrew corney keg. Get it filled at your local brewery, and have fun with those additions.. If you can't brew, you can still be a mad scientist.. The keg process takes away any lost carbonation issues, so you'd be okay experimenting multiple times.

Last edited:
Wicked weed is one of my favorite local breweries. They've blown up quick in the past two or so years. Enjoy my friend,

Last "break" day of spring break for me.  Back to work tomorrow.  Might as well start off my day with some morning coffee:

Yes, I realize what time it is.

No, I'm not an alcoholic.

Yes, I realize that's something that alcoholics say.

Anyone try this lager from the UK? Someone recommended this to me. I'm going to look for it next time I go to the sto...

Anyone try this lager from the UK? Someone recommended this to me. I'm going to look for it next time I go to the sto...

I've never had it but I'll look out for it this weekend.

If anyone has any insight into London and Amsterdam essentials (brews or pubs) - please let me know. Headed out tonight for a nine day trip.

Hit up a TW today. The only true redeeming quality of this place is that they sell seasonals in single form. That's about the only way I can assure that non local beers are fresh.

Weekly pickups:
Marble Pils x6 lawn mowing sunny weather beer
Elevated ipa x8.. frickin delicious
Weihenstephaner Hefe x 1 16.9oz bottle
Weihenstephaner Weizenbock Vitus x 1 16.9oz bottle
Some singles
Santa Fe Brewing Imperial Java Stout.. Reviews come in decent for this one. I found the body really thin, like a xocoveza with a strong coffee presence, almost nothing else

Some new beer tries tonight

Odell Tree Shaker Imperial Peach IPA x 1 bottle.. A bit of an odd brew for me. I didnt have my phone when I bought a single. So im not out too much. Sweetness makes the mouthfeel and finish feel heavier than it should. IPA type hoppiness just really not there.. It doesnt quite feel Imperial. Maybe thats to the brewers credit at 8%. I think this would do better calling it a pale ale, and dropping ABVs to around 6.5%.

Stone Enjoy by 4/20/15 x 1 bottle. This finally hit my area in 12 oz bottles. What a crazy price structure.. Bombers used to be around $7-8. Now they sit in the $9 range. Six packs as a set go for about $18. Which is pretty good considering you get three times the amount of the bombers for what amounts to $9 less. I decided to just buy a single for $3.50. One could buy just singles and still come out LOWER than the bomber price.

Onto the beer.. Super piney and grassy. I guess that dank type of flavors do come out. I seem to think it reminds myself of a local brew somewhat, project dank. That one seems to occasionally bring out the tropical fruit notes much more.. I dont really see that here at all. Truly my type of IPA though. Grassy, earthy, piney, without too much bitterness. It's all in the flavor here for me.

Monday is a big DIPA release here in town. I guess you can say Im prepping with multiple types of pale ales and ipas

I've never had it but I'll look out for it this weekend.

If anyone has any insight into London and Amsterdam essentials (brews or pubs) - please let me know. Headed out tonight for a nine day trip.

when i was in Amsterdam in 2012 i went to this place a couple of times:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...elgique-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html

short walk from the main station in the city center...all Belgian beers if i recall correctly...it's pretty small inside but there's some benches outside with heaters above

i think it was the top rated bar on trip advisor when i went

if you're going to be in Amsterdam on a Wednesday i suggest going to the free lunch concert at Concertgebouw

NT, I really need help with my beer tasting palate. I feel like I can't find the one taste I really enjoy.

I dont know how to describe it but all the beers I have had puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel like I need something sweet. Any suggestions? I live in maryland btw. 
Not sure how old you are but I couldn't stand beer until I gotta outta the military around 08 which put me in my mid 20's. I really started getting into the craft scene about 4-5 years ago and I go through spurts. One day I'm all about it and next I couldn't care less. It's totally hit or miss which is fine with me. 
Go somewhere where they serve flights. If you don't like beer, then you don't like beer
Just wanted to let you know you were right about New Orleans. Other than Abita (Purple Haze was a little different) they suck for beer 
laugh.gif

Last "break" day of spring break for me.  Back to work tomorrow.  Might as well start off my day with some morning coffee:

Yes, I realize what time it is.

No, I'm not an alcoholic.

Yes, I realize that's something that alcoholics say.
I've missed this the past 2-3 years. I hope I can get some this year but I'm not feeling good about it. 

when i was in Amsterdam in 2012 i went to this place a couple of times:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...elgique-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html

short walk from the main station in the city center...all Belgian beers if i recall correctly...it's pretty small inside but there's some benches outside with heaters above

i think it was the top rated bar on trip advisor when i went

if you're going to be in Amsterdam on a Wednesday i suggest going to the free lunch concert at Concertgebouw

Appreciate the help. I'm in London right now, but getting in to Amsterdam Wednesday morning so I'll be looking out for it.

Just wanted to let you know you were right about New Orleans. Other than Abita (Purple Haze was a little different) they suck for beer :lol:

:lol:

Yea I didn't even try looking for anything. Stuck to hurricanes and Pimm's cup. What'd you think of the food though?

Last edited:
Sipping on these tonight. Heady was a nice revisit. Definitely deserving of being one of the top DIPA's. Sunday Morning Stout was fantastic! Bourbon, chocolate and coffee notes. Prefer it over KBS honestly.

^You're making me feel like I made the wrong decision earlier this week...lol

I drove through Easton the other day and considered stopping at Weyerbacher to see if they had some available at their store

Went over the bridge to Phillipsburg NJ instead hoping to get some Carton Brewing beer but they were sold out :frown:

Did get a pour of Carton G.O.R.P. though

If I had more time I probably would have stopped...also figured I could try getting KBS the following day

^ I highly recommend getting some. Honestly, it reminded me of FBS in bourbon barrels. On a side note, I've read they don't use FBS as the base beer for KBS (don't know why).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom