NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

^nice. I use a hop bag, nylon bag, or even cheese cloth. Was there some dry hopping? Crazy that that much hop residue was left after initial transfer. One could use a racking cane, or even a strainer. Think metal somewhat thin slate strainer
http://www.restaurantsupply.com/cor...sizeh=500&resizew=500?timestamp=1428629067770

How much are yall paying for lagunitas sucks 'new' six packs? I'm catching a deal it seems. Makes me want to buy them out

Last edited:
Yeah I dry hopped just by sprinkling the hop pellets (1 oz) in the primary fermenter since I don't have a secondary right now (and there seems to be a lot of debate about benefits of secondaries any way?). Bottled after a week of dry hopping.

I did the siphon with a racking cane and was very careful not to disturb the bottom layer of sediment in the fermenter but when close to finished transferring I heard a slurp, almost lost the siphon, and then saw some of the residue transfer over as I submerged the racking cane again. Then left all that beer there because there was just too much residue at the end. Probably why my yield was lower than last time.

Now I can see some tiny pieces of residue left in some bottles but it's not too bad. Glad I don't have to worry about dry hopping with the next batch. But in the future I think I will definitely put the hops in a bag suspended to avoid all that residue.

Last edited:
Long nine days in the UK and The Netherlands. Searched out some great beer spots and got my hands on some pretty good stuff but definitely looking forward to getting back to our great craft domestics. This trip made me truly appreciate the quality we have in our own backyard.

Last edited:
I know what I'm drinking this weekend.

neosole89, you done good :D I know what you'll be drinking

Little bit of what's on deck this weekend. Heady Topper & Not Your Fathers courtesy of Comp Ford. 

Anyone had the Founder's Blushing Monk? It's $20 per bottle around me so I'm not touching it.

Wally, glad everything made it there safely. Your box just came in. Letting those bad boys chill in the fridge right now. Thanks again!

Little bit of what's on deck this weekend. Heady Topper & Not Your Fathers courtesy of Comp Ford. 

Anyone had the Founder's Blushing Monk? It's $20 per bottle around me so I'm not touching it.
Let me know what you think of that Root Beer. I don't like the fact they dialed back the alcohol content from 10.7% to 5.9.

Last edited:

Let me know what you think of that Root Beer. I don't like the fact they dialed back the alcohol content from 10.7% to 5.9.
Tasty, but not something I'd seek out too hard. I like root beer. I rarely drink pop, but if I do, chances are it's root beer. I was hoping it'd have a bit of a twist to it but it really tastes a lot just like root beer, which i can get anywhere, all the time. Na'mean. Still cool though and happy to have tried it.

Tasty, but not something I'd seek out too hard. I like root beer. I rarely drink pop, but if I do, chances are it's root beer. I was hoping it'd have a bit of a twist to it but it really tastes a lot just like root beer, which i can get anywhere, all the time. Na'mean. Still cool though and happy to have tried it.
Naw, it's pretty straight forward. It gets sweet but when they released that in bottles, they couldn't keep it on the shelves. Now it's starting to calm down but it's too sweet at only less than 6%. The 10.7% is where it's at, but that and their 19.7% they are releasing at a later time in bombers to the public. 

So I don't think anyone in the Baltimore area carries these British lagers I wanted to try; Curious Brew & Sharp's Cornish Pilsner.

I think I'm going to try Jack's Abby Leisure Time Lager... Anyone got any good suggestions for a good lager? Preferably import. I don't like anything from the domestic unless it's from a small domestic brewery or something.

So I don't think anyone in the Baltimore area carries these British lagers I wanted to try; Curious Brew & Sharp's Cornish Pilsner.

I think I'm going to try Jack's Abby Leisure Time Lager... Anyone got any good suggestions for a good lager? Preferably import. I don't like anything from the domestic unless it's from a small domestic brewery or something.
Jack Abby's other lagers, both IPL (hoppy lagers) are very solid.

In general it seems more craft breweries do not lager their beers, so the selection is really low. I would look into craft pilsners. Pale Lagers at heart. IPAs and Stouts are all the rage, but pilsners are slowly being done by craft breweries. They are worth a shot.

As far as Imports, I would look straight into the eyes of Weihenstephaner Original (munich helles lager) and not really go anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom