NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Lunch break pickups.

Founders released today for the first time in my state. Whole core lineup, some curmugdeon, blushing monk, and the seasonAL for Fall, FBS. So fricking excited. Gonna try side by side with a 11 month old bottle. Only really wanted more of fbs. Price wasn't bad. Same with Green flashes alpine Nelson. I'll give it it's day in court.

Craft beer distrubution variety is quite amazing right now. May only try the core beers when I can buy singles.

Oh weird I've never seen Alpine beers in GF bottles. But then again I never buy the bottles since I can get my fix straight from the source :wow:

How's the Anderson Valley blood orange gose compared to the regular stuff? Never had the blood orange, but I've had the regular. Can't say I'm a fan of the regular.

Last edited:

On vacation in Connecticut. Walked to a bottle shop a block from our hotel and found the last 4pack of founders breakfast stout. Stoked on these pick ups being from SoCal. Pardon the cheesy picture .My gf took it for her Instagram.

Based Mod, With Alpine, I don't know the whole story, nor cared too much since it wasn't local. I guess since they got bought out, GF was brewing Alpine's beer, kegging it, and moving it around all over. Some called into question the quality of Nelson being far different (and others). As of this last week or so, they have gone into bottling and I guess into any account that has had GF prior. So now we're sorta hearing how the GF bottled Alpine Nelson isn't quite the same.. Plus the price is higher, so cause for chaos I guess is normal. I'm assuming the only true Alpine products are the ones bought on site. Any keg/draft or in store product is likely Green Flash.

RE BO Gose: they say they added the blood oranges during fermentation. I personally caught just hints of added funk and a touch more sweetness, with an added citrus flavor. I find BO preferable 10 times out of ten, but when its not available, I get my salt kick just fine with the regular Gose.. Goses seem to come in bombers around my way for quite a bit of money. So this has a nice value. WestBrook Gose is where its at though. On ratings websites, BO is rated just a touch higher. But both have that initial salty funk that can throw you off. They are basically the same is what im saying.

salazaro44, Just had a pumpking too. Found it a bit too pumpkin spicy, but its one of the better ones supposedly. Maybe I dont like pumpkin beers? In CT, you are so close to so many breweries all around. You did the right thing with getting a taste of what you don't have available. I'd be tempted though to make brewery type specific events or plans. Even choosing a place to eat based on draft tap listings

Had GF's version of Nelson the other night. Thought it was good. Didn't get much of the white wine characteristics like other Nelson hopped beers but it definitely had a spicy kick from the rye. Never had the actual one brewed by Alpine so can't really compare. Would buy again though. Duet on the other hand was very boring.

Last edited:
How has the latest Stone Enjoy by's been? 10-31 just hit. I cant even remember the last one to hit my state. Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest just hit my area for the first time. Founders is having all kinds of releases around my way. Local IPA king releases a Pumpkin bomber All this days after I drop $30+ on FBS, some Gose, and a Alpine bomber

Anyone else feel overwhelmed?

Last edited:
Went to Burlington/Waterbury VT over the weekend. 

Had Focal Banger for the first time and it was incredible! Better than Heady!

Went out to a beer bar/restaurant for dinner tonight.  Had two glasses of Hill Farmstead Susan.  Exceptional beer.  Easily superior to Heady Topper.  

The keg of Hill Farmstead Double Citra kicked before I got there though...

Love Hill Farmstead! Two bars right near me have at least 4 different beers on tap all the time. Every beer I've had from them is amazing! Its a bummer you missed out on double citra because its killer! Grassroots legitimacy is definitely my favorite from them though. Everyone who likes ipa's/hops should def try there beer if they get the chance.

How has the latest Stone Enjoy by's been? 10-31 just hit. I cant even remember the last one to hit my state. Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest just hit my area for the first time. Founders is having all kinds of releases around my way. Local IPA king releases a Pumpkin bomber All this days after I drop $30+ on FBS, some Gose, and a Alpine bomber

Anyone else feel overwhelmed?

Stone had a tap takeover at my local Whole Foods last week and the 10.31 was on tap.

I'm not sure if I'm just starting to enjoy a different style of IPA but the 10.31 didn't thoroughly impress me as other batches have in the past.

Halloween festivities (if any is left lol).. Don't think it was meant to be sold to be honest. Kind of popped up online as being in stock. Most of the time that doesnt happen. YOu gotta ask and check inventory yourself. Only one there, only one sold. Now sold out and off their website. Only 3-4 places in the entire city have it. Their loss. My neighbors, friends and families gain. Although at some point, you gotta barter a bit and trade beer for food. It wasn't exactly cheap.

It's just a pony keg though. I did the math. Nice little savings, considering I was about to drop some money on a half case purchase here, a half case purchase there. The not so thinking part of me bought about 3.4 cases worth (instead of 0.5 today) saving about $25 for each case I "bought". I basically got a case free if you put it that way.

I haven't ventured into the sanke 5 commerical keg setup in almost 5 years. I had to break out all the couplers and made some adjustments. Now that it has, home brewing seems so much more burdensome.

I go all in for stuff I love though. I guess that's just who I am. I had my first draft pint almost 2.5 years back after wanting to try it for years and years prior. Fell in love. I've been trading for it for those 2.5 years now.. Founders FINALLY hits my state for distribution this Monday. I happen upon a keg of it two days later, and I have all necessary equipment. Gut decision. Ready to tap it tonight at 5:smokin

Last edited:
Nice pickup on the FBS keg Wally! Fun times ahead :lol:

Had a bottleshare at the office today. SS was my favorite out of the bunch with Xoco a close second. That mouthfeel was so velvety smooth. Everything I drank after felt so damn thin haha.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom