NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

XOCO! I miss that stuff. How's it tasting now? Does it still have vibrant hints of that cinnamon and nutmeg type cocoa smells/flavors?

Hill Farmstead worth the hype? Seen the price points on many of those. Crazy.

First day with the keg was a success. I'm sure they'll pop up other places. This beer finally got me moving about to fix my commerical keg setup. Spotted a place selling pint pours @ $6. I'm at something like $2.15/pints. I spent about $12 today fellas :D. FOr every pint I would have bought, I am getting two free.

Neosole89, I will say, after a couple of those, I went and had a Anderson Valley Gose. So so light and drinkable. Your senses are definitely affected, just as you were saying with SS in your tasting. With that, I partially can't trust half the people who review beers. You just dont know their state of mind or inebriation.

I went from almost all IPAs for a good 2 week span to drinking a single Left Hand Milk Stout, and found that just so so nice. But I just couldnt have it next to FBS. I guess there's a science behind a lot of tastings/samplings

Last edited:
^ Xoco was still tasting fantastic. Bottled date was 09/14 i believe. Coffee notes were barely there but the nutmeg, cinnamon and peppers were definitely more pronounced with the age. What's funny was most of my coworkers did not like it due to the "overwhelming" flavors. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

HF Dorothy was labeled as a dry hopped pale ale but tasted more like a saison/farmhouse ale. Not too familiar with the style but thought it was ok.

I do agree that drinking the SS first somewhat ruined it for the beers after. I guess that's why they say go from light to dark when doing a tasting :lol:.

Some beer mail came in today from a fellow BA member. Heard a lot of great things about Other Half. Looking forward to trying these bad boys over the weekend!

Some beer mail came in today from a fellow BA member. Heard a lot of great things about Other Half. Looking forward to trying these bad boys over the weekend!
Haven't had the chance to try Cascade yet, but Citra and All Green Everything are great.  Bon Bon is another winner.

I was thinking about driving out to Other Half this morning for the Green Diamonds/Doug can release but I have too much stuff to do today.  Not to mention I wasn't entirely crazy about Doug when I had it on tap.  Oh well...there's always next time.

Just moved so had decided to snap a pic of what I've been saving. Some '14 Founders Imperials, a '14 KBS, a few '14 BCBS, three '14 Hunahpu's and two more from '15. 

Haven't had the chance to try Cascade yet, but Citra and All Green Everything are great.  Bon Bon is another winner.

I was thinking about driving out to Other Half this morning for the Green Diamonds/Doug can release but I have too much stuff to do today.  Not to mention I wasn't entirely crazy about Doug when I had it on tap.  Oh well...there's always next time.

Had Cascade, Citra and AGE today. Citra was my favorite out of the bunch. Although, Cascade probably had the best aroma. All were very good though. Looking forward to trying their other offerings in the near future.

Just moved so had decided to snap a pic of what I've been saving. Some '14 Founders Imperials, a '14 KBS, a few '14 BCBS, three '14 Hunahpu's and two more from '15. 

Still have never had Huna. If you're ever wiling to let one go, let me know!

Last edited:

How's the Krunkin' Pumpkin? Saw it on draft at lunch but went for the Rodeo Clown.

Lagunitas sucks is always a good easy go-to. Been wanting to try the Stone enjoy-by for a while and figured I'd get into the season with a cb can pumpkin ale.

Was finally able to track down Heady on the worst weekends in VT, also picked up SOS, wish Hill Farmstead had better hours. Anyone in New England been to Tree House? Might head there this weekend.

Last edited:
Been winning some money on fanduel. Decided that's gonna be my beer fund. Haha.
I picked one of those up as well.  Haven't tried it yet. What did you give for that? Mine was $13 but 18% alcohol is powerful 
laugh.gif

Anyone try the Paradox? They had this one, a Apricot and a Red Sour Ale (I believe), but it was one per customer. I'm going to go back I think and grab the other two.

I haven't been find anything that's been tickling my fancy for the past 6 months at least. I've been lazy too and not wanting to go hunt anything down.

Last edited:
I picked one of those up as well.  Haven't tried it yet. What did you give for that? Mine was $13 but 18% alcohol is powerful :lol:

Anyone try the Paradox? They had this one, a Apricot and a Red Sour Ale (I believe), but it was one per customer. I'm going to go back I think and grab the other two.

I haven't been find anything that's been tickling my fancy for the past 6 months at least. I've been lazy too and not wanting to go hunt anything down.

I haven't had that Paradox before, but I've had a few of their beers before. If you're into sours, they're pretty solid.

Their tap room, on the other hand, was a big disappointment when I was there. But that's neither here nor there.

What the next step up from light lager as far as flavor goes? Not much of a beer drinker. Tried Sierra Nevada pale ale and hated it.

Last edited:
What the next step up from light lager as far as flavor goes? Not much of a beer drinker. Tried Sierra Nevada pale ale and hated it.
Try Belgian Whites (Witbier). Blue Moon or Shock Top are probably the most readily available (not necessarily the best).
Blue Moon is the beer that got me away from Coors Light and Bud Light.

I was gifted a Founders Breakfast stout yesterday. I'll give it a try this afternoon. Not really into stouts or porters.

I typically drink IPA's but i'm needing to explore more.

yocooljames on untappd

Back
Top Bottom