NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

tried the coconut victory at sea tonight on tap...um its interesting.

still on the hunt for the peanut butter tho. all the bars out here been tapped out but theres a spot getting there kegs early january.

theyre also getting victory at rye, which is VAS aged in whiskey barrels. should be :smokin

Last edited:
Whats the deal with that vas? What made y'all buy it?

Edit: Noticed I'm starting to dislike really cold beer more and more.
I figure most people are buying Peppermint VaS just to try it out like when BP released Habenero (which was a drain pour for me), Grapefruit and Pineapple Sculpin.  Honestly as others in this thread have mention it's literally like having toothpaste in your mouth. I'll just wait till they bottle Coconut Victory or the peanut butter version.

I figure most people are buying Peppermint VaS just to try it out like when BP released Habenero (which was a drain pour for me), Grapefruit and Pineapple Sculpin.  Honestly as others in this thread have mention it's literally like having toothpaste in your mouth. I'll just wait till they bottle Coconut Victory or the peanut butter version.

I tried the Peppermint yesterday on tap and while I didn't think it was bad, I definitely prefer the regular VAS. Same bar has the peanut butter on tap as well, I'm gonna have to go back and try that soon.

I was curious about that charred Xoco but had a feeling it wasn't any better than the real thing.

Just got a six pack of this stuff (not my pic) but haven't tried it yet.

I'm the exact opposite. I've been to Noble and Bottle Logic several times, but never the Bruery. :lol:

How is the Victory at Sea? I have been meaning to try it. TIA
Let me preface this by saying I am not big in to porters (but trying to expand my range as all good beer drinkers should). More of an IPA guy. However I do love a nice cup of black coffee so the idea of porters and stouts appeals to me. While my experience trying porters is pretty limited, I think VAS is very good. Beeradvocate rates it as a world class beer. I really love the creamy finish it has. Taste is pretty complex too, which is a nice quality to have as you can sit there drinking it while trying to go through all of the different flavors/tastes it possesses. For a 10% beer it's also dangerously smooth. Not a lot of heat on the way down although you do get a little bit, reminding you that this is a pretty big/bold beer. Only gripe would be the $9 price tag for a bomber. It also comes in a 6 pack which might be a little cheaper but like other Ballast Point brews it is priced as a premium beer. Definitely give it a shot would be my advice. Let us know what you think.

Went to Tree House last night for Sap and Eureka w/ mosaic.

Haven't tried Sap yet but have heard great things.

Back
Top Bottom