NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Grabbed a 12 pack of Genesee Bock

Figured why not cause it was $6.99 out the door

For the FBS/Xoco belnd, what ratio of each are you using? Got some of both and want try this.
Also, FYI, City of the Dead from Modern Times is now a year round beer. I loved that beer so it's exciting for me.

Fortunate Islands is MY BEER. I am thinking long and hard about trying to get that in a home brew form.. A pale hoppy wheat is so rare. Booming Rollers is another one that stands out for me.

For FBS/XOCO, I am looking at nearly a straight 50/50 blend.. At the minimum, there is a 30% Xoco to 70% FBS.

Death by Coconut and Ten Fidy are other worthy blend options. I haven't done all 4 together, but just may tomorrow lol. I have done a 50% FBS, with a 25% DbC and 25% Xoco. Those additive laden beers are great for blending imho.

I have heard zero complaints from a 50-50 fbs/xoco blend though. It's simply magical imho

Last edited:
Stone had a tasting down here tonight. Had I known I would of signed up.

How do tastings go down anyway? Surely its more than just going in there and having a sample size taste.

Last edited:
Anywhere from 5 to 12 2-4 oz. Samples (depending on the state). Some places say they can't serve more than 22 oz. @ once for one person. So it's up to two people to get a constant full sampling

Last edited:
Then it's all about the order in which you drink. Some places will hype that up. Lightest ibu to heaviest. Some go stouts or iPas last. But generally, it's blonde ale, hefe, amber, red, brown, stout, ipa, dipa for me. Some go strictly by color. Highest ibu last for me though.

Stouts definitely tend to be at least 6.5% up to 13%. So they are flavor rich from the get go. Less hoppy than the ipas. I get so many coffee drinkers in on stouts, it's not even funny. The transition to stouts is easier than the hoppy stuff. I tend to love it all. But felt stouts were first to enlighten me.

Beer fests, some 5 years back got me tuned in to the styles I prefer ed. They are still used to get people into craft beer. I've personally sorta hit a wall as well

Last edited:
Nice. Any elaboration on the mouthfeel? :nerd:  I loved Xoco, but couldn't justify the price tag on a bottle of Abraxas at the time, something like 20 bucks or so.  I had heard that Abraxas was the beer that Xoco was modeled after during the homebrew competition. Is the price tag on this worth it? 

Mouthfeel is med-heavy and somewhat velvety. Is it worth the money? Not sure but definitely worth a try if you have a chance to snag a bottle.

Fortunate Islands is MY BEER. I am thinking long and hard about trying to get that in a home brew form.. A pale hoppy wheat is so rare. Booming Rollers is another one that stands out for me.

Speaking of MT, sipping on some City of the Sun tonight. Dank and tropical! Great stuff as always from MT.

Then it's all about the order in which you drink. Some places will hype that up. Lightest ibu to heaviest. Some go stouts or iPas last. But generally, it's blonde ale, hefe, amber, red, brown, stout, ipa, dipa for me. Some go strictly by color. Highest ibu last for me though.

Stouts definitely tend to be at least 6.5% up to 13%. So they are flavor rich from the get go. Less hoppy than the ipas. I get so many coffee drinkers in on stouts, it's not even funny. The transition to stouts is easier than the hoppy stuff. I tend to love it all. But felt stouts were first to enlighten me.

Beer fests, some 5 years back got me tuned in to the styles I prefer ed. They are still used to get people into craft beer. I've personally sorta hit a wall as well

Makes a lot of sense.

How long have you been into craft beer?

Last edited:
A FBS/xoco blend is all I need to increase that mouthfeel. Down to 20 bottles of each:smh:
"20 of each" he says 
laugh.gif

I think I have 12 Xoco left? I think, if I have the will power, I'm going to try and save 6 until the end of the year. But it's so good and all I really have are stouts and porters. And there hasn't been much of anything I've wanted for a while so I'm trying to hold on to what I have now. 

A FBS/xoco blend is all I need to increase that mouthfeel. Down to 20 bottles of each:smh:
"20 of each" he says 
laugh.gif

I think I have 12 Xoco left? I think, if I have the will power, I'm going to try and save 6 until the end of the year. But it's so good and all I really have are stouts and porters. And there hasn't been much of anything I've wanted for a while so I'm trying to hold on to what I have now. 
This is exactly the same situation I go through.

@Mangudai954 knows my pain. I drink only stouts and think I've hit a wall in terms of what to try next.

The last one I really enjoyed was Alesmith w/ Vietnamese coffee.

Yes, sir. I feel like I've drank so many good beers, the "daily" beer/stouts really don't cut it anymore. But that Ten Fiddy seems to be pretty available so I'm going to continue to stock up on that.

I might have to try this Xoco/FBS mix. Like y'all, have both on deck. 

Picked up a sixer of Sucks today. 

I'm currently drinking a 1/3 Prairie BOMB! and 2/3 Ten Fiddy and it's fantastic. I can't believe after all these years I never thought about mixing like this. I feel like I owe WallyHopp a beer :lol:

Forgive English brother went to America States to send Pranqster. Good very but 4. Tonight I 4 drink then Hefenwiezen.

Went to terrapin last weekend and had a good time. The Poivre potion on tap tasted great.

Then ended my night with a few rounds of duvel and chimay.

Helluva day so far:

Copped the IVs this morning
Bought a ticket for KBS Release Week
Girlfriend gave me a 2014 Black Tuesday for Valentine's Day

^ nice! completely forgot about KBS tickets. made for such an easy cop last year. enjoy that Black Tuesday!

Best Other Half can release on record yesterday.  Since it was the coldest day all winter, Other Half opened early to make sure those waiting on line weren't freezing to death outside.  By the time I got there there was no line and plenty of beer left.  Got what I wanted and was out in 5 minutes.  

Drinking an All Green Everything now.  It was one of my favorite beers ever previously, but they found a way to somehow make it better.  Older batches were crystal clear and darker in color.  This batch looks particularly amazing in the glass, and the taste follows suit:

As much as I hate East coast winters, the beer does a good job at making up for it. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom