NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Crooked Stave just released Select #1 in their taproom only...their first ever "clean" (AKA no Brett) beer. And it's a glorious, super hazy, juicy, New England-style oatmeal IPA.

And dammit, AB just bought another brewery...Italy's Birra Del Borgo. Too bad. Their beers were great. And I'd guess that means they're out as Eataly partners with Dogfish.

drinking a couple of waldo's now, not really sure where the the hype if that's what it is came from. it's kind of strong I guess, overall i'm just not blown away.

glad it was about the same to what you guys are paying on the mainland.

also

gonna try to post pics of the beers I tried at the Seoul beer week tomorrow.

Last edited:
^ I was able to snag a 6er of Waldo yesterday. I didn't know it was a triple IPA, nor a "limited release".

But I think it's actually pretty smooth and not as hoppy as I would thought thought. I can't stand IPA's but the high booze is nice and hidden. 

My spot only got 6 bottle of Parabola so I threw my name in the 1000 other names for a raffle I won't win but whatever. And I ain't gonna lie, I always said "Para-BOWL-A" and not "Par-ah-ba-la" like it's supposed to be  - then I got to thinking, I mispronounce  a TON of **** 
laugh.gif

But I have NOBODY in my life that is into beer like me so I actually never have any reason to say 90% of what I buy out loud anyway. 

And fun fact I leaned about Sucaba... it used to be named Abacus.. which is Sucaba backwards but Abacus was a wine maker and they sent them a cease and desist letter or some **** so they just spelled it backwards. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
At Pizza Boy/Al's of Hampden for Harrisburg Beer Week

They had breakfast pizza starting at 9 this morning and it only lasted 15 minutes

Got here late due to leaving later than planned, turning around, and construction

At least the beer is good

Last edited:
Some YETI this am after a 14hr graveyard shift.

how much is a bottle of this? Looks tasty.
I haven't been drinking much lately ever since i last posted thay 4pk from Night Shift Brewing. I guess thats good thing.
Who is from NY that can give me a few recommendations? Im visiting and staying in upper Manhattan, NY with some friends for my bday/memorial day weekend and was looking for some breweries to hit up. Any spots that would be worth a trip? I def gotta visit the 9/11 memorial so any breweries around there would be great if it was walking distance. Thanks in advance!

how much is a bottle of this? Looks tasty.
I haven't been drinking much lately ever since i last posted thay 4pk from Night Shift Brewing. I guess thats good thing.
Who is from NY that can give me a few recommendations? Im visiting and staying in upper Manhattan, NY with some friends for my bday/memorial day weekend and was looking for some breweries to hit up. Any spots that would be worth a trip? I def gotta visit the 9/11 memorial so any breweries around there would be great if it was walking distance. Thanks in advance!

I paid $7. Its a safe stout I go to when I can't get my hands on anything special.

Those east coast IPA's are invading the west coast.
Monkish Brewing's Foggy Window
DIPA

and finally got around to my ghetto prop.
all I will say is at least my BCBS bottle wasn't infected. check your bottles folks.

Jbug, how was gheto prop? May do that this evening.

Fruity beers have to be subtle and not so sweet for me to like them. H or H wm gets my vote. I don't think I'd drop any money for that new belgiuk melon beer. Seems too gimmicky.

I traded some xocoveza away. Down to just a few bottles. It's gonna be a sad day when they're gone. La cumbre had their father Nelson on firkin this past Friday. What a nice beer that is. Theyre still doing those abrasively hoppy beers so well. Another place in town has a seasonal ipa that is 10 times better than their core beer. So reluctant to change. It sucks.

Last edited:
Wally, I wasn't impressed with the ghetto prop at all. Just couldn't get a ratio I liked.
The first glass was 2/3 BCBS and a 1/3 DBC. Not much coconut.
Second glass was about 1/2 and 1/2. Still didn't like it.
Plus the whole infected regular BCBS thing was in the back of my mind the whole time even though my batch is supposed to be ok.
Looks like the 10/21 batch is bad. All my bottles are 10/23.

I didn't like the red ale at all. Maybe I'll give it another try down the line but it came off a bit bitter for my liking. Been really looking forward to trying jai alai. I haven't had anything quite like it thus far. Smelled malty! Had a good amount of it in the taste as well balanced with the hops. This one in particular was canned 04/06. This stuff had a lot of flavor. Gotta try it again.

Sad to hear jbug. I may try it on a much smaller (2oz. of each) scale. Reading on BA, it seems that some 10/21 are fine, but most confined to the FL area are not fine.

I hear so many talk about SNPA as an American Icon and staple. After having half of a 12 pack over the past two weeks, I am just not seeing it. It feels too sweet for my liking.. Meanwile Hop Hunter feels drier, easier to drink.

Even a Sucks Im having now is quite a bit better than Waldos (sitting on 7 bottles that Im sorta dreading to to drink). I like it but it has its place, which doesnt always fit into my rotation. Sucks feels like Waldos Lite. Both easily 4/5 beers on a ratings scale, but not something I always Need or HAVE to have. Finding an affordable trusty flavorful 5% beer is actually a challenge

Got a VERY nice care package dropped off to me:

First pick of the litter:

Definitely a tasty beer, and the booze is VERY well-hidden.  Still prefer All Green Everything by a significantly wide margin. 

I didn't like the red ale at all. Maybe I'll give it another try down the line but it came off a bit bitter for my liking. Been really looking forward to trying jai alai. I haven't had anything quite like it thus far. Smelled malty! Had a good amount of it in the taste as well balanced with the hops. This one in particular was canned 04/06. This stuff had a lot of flavor. Gotta try it again.

OMG! When I went to Flordia I had that Jai Ale (tried everything I could in FL) and that beer was garbage :x

What's everyone's go to beer when you get tired of your go-to?

I like a Modelo with some lime/salt and maybe some chili powder. Also like Stella when I'm tired of drinking bitter IPAs.

Sometimes, you just gotta chill

OMG! When I went to Flordia I had that Jai Ale (tried everything I could in FL) and that beer was garbage :x

What's everyone's go to beer when you get tired of your go-to?

I like a Modelo with some lime/salt and maybe some chili powder. Also like Stella when I'm tired of drinking bitter IPAs.

Sometimes, you just gotta chill

You just called Jai Alai garbage and then proceeded to say you enjoy Stella. Welcome. Stay awhile.....

Second of the night:

This is an interesting one.  Photo doesn't do the color justice.  Looks more like this in person:

Definitely..."different," but not exactly in a bad way.  I was very skeptical about this one, but I'm glad I was able to get some cans to give it a shot. Not something I'd buy a case of, but I have no problem drinking this until the next can release.

Back
Top Bottom