NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I didn't like the red ale at all. Maybe I'll give it another try down the line but it came off a bit bitter for my liking. Been really looking forward to trying jai alai. I haven't had anything quite like it thus far. Smelled malty! Had a good amount of it in the taste as well balanced with the hops. This one in particular was canned 04/06. This stuff had a lot of flavor. Gotta try it again.
OMG! When I went to Flordia I had that Jai Ale (tried everything I could in FL) and that beer was garbage
sick.gif

What's everyone's go to beer when you get tired of your go-to?

I like a Modelo with some lime/salt and maybe some chili powder. Also like Stella when I'm tired of drinking bitter IPAs.

Sometimes, you just gotta chill
I'm inundated with incredible IPAs in my area, and I'll still be the first to say Jai Alai is a great IPA.  One of the best (somewhat) widely distributed IPAs. Great hop/malt balance with an even better mouthfeel.  

You're buggin'.

I have been wanting to make a black and tan for a while but cant decide what to mix, anybody have any recommendations?
I have a few choices in my stash to mix at the moment. As for the black, I have bcbs, wayerbacher's sunday morning stout and TINY, or victory at sea. For the tan I have 120 minute, hopslam, waldos or double dogs. Im leaning towards mixing a waldos with a sunday morning stout, im sure it is a bad idea but im feeling stupid.

Second of the night:

This is an interesting one.  Photo doesn't do the color justice.  Looks more like this in person:

Definitely..."different," but not exactly in a bad way.  I was very skeptical about this one, but I'm glad I was able to get some cans to give it a shot. Not something I'd buy a case of, but I have no problem drinking this until the next can release.

Nice, a buddy of mine is sending me a 4-pack of this and Lime Green Galaxies. Looking forward to them next week.

Also, Jai Alai>Stella :lol:

My package made to me this time around

Been wanting to try some Chicagoland stuff for awhile

A few cans came with dings on them that could have been pre existing...one had a little more than a ding but didn't rupture

Rough day at work means an early start today:

This is quite tasty...and similar to the Arizona Wilderness collab it's like nothing I've ever tasted before.  The low ABV isn't too bad either.  Very crushable beer.  Hoping Other Half continues to release session beers during the warmer months.  

Crumps, what exactly did FedEx say? Just return to sender with a refund and he shipped it back out? With beer or alocohol being what it is, usps is pretty strict. I got something coming in from FedEx tomorrow. Seemingly half imperial stouts/half ipas

Very rarely will I make a crazy statement about a beer I don't like. Or hold that style to the same standard. All beer is pretty different this day in age. Keep your options open.

Cford,u trading in town? Or are some of those collaboration available elsewhere? Good stuff

Got a envie, some ghost in the machine, crowd control and a night shift dipa year 4 coming among some other stouts. I don't ask for much. Sending some sold out father Nelson LA cumbre, two sets of dank, among others.

Last edited:
These are all the beers I was able try at the beer week I attended in Seoul.

My favorite was definitely the Yuja Ale, man it was like a subtle sweet yuzu candy. 

The Jeomchon was a great IPA, very pronounced grapefruit flavor.

The Surleim was a great sour, luckily I was able to find this at a few different places as it was a featured brewer from Busan.

The Galmegi IPA was a pretty good IPA, nothing mind blowing.

The Sur Citra was supposed to be a sour pale ale, but I couldnt really get any of that from what I tasted. It was ok tho.

The Vanilla Cacao Stout was meh, I felt like I wasted my ticket on that one. 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

hoping I get to go back to Seoul, later this year. 
frown.gif

Last edited:
wally - fedex confiscated everything...I suppose the sender filed a claim since it was insured but I didn't broach

I've heard that they usually repackage the undamaged items as return to the sender

Then again, there was quite a few cans with small dings on them and there's no way to know if what my trading partner is telling me is the truth...but if it is true he had to repurchase a lot of stuff

cford - Carton should be available in PA as well but only Philly...and it may be draft only

tomv11 - JT Walker brewing, orange & blue

I think it's a wit brewed with blueberries...I got it as an extra

Enjoyed copious amounts of Chimay while on holiday in Paris.

Also, by far not the best beer in the world, but for the rest of my life I'll have sentimental attachment to Estrella while watching Barca in Champions League with Catalans near Camp Nou.

Also, by far not the best beer in the world, but for the rest of my life I'll have sentimental attachment to Estrella while watching Barca in Champions League with Catalans near Camp Nou.

Nothing to do with beer, but I hate your avi.
My youngest son threw his slipper across the room when it happened. :lol: He was mildly upset.
He was pumped up for that game...

CFord: Did Other Half release this as well? This was a collab with a local brewery here in L.A.

Nothing to do with beer, but I hate your avi.
My youngest son threw his slipper across the room when it happened.
laugh.gif
He was mildly upset.
He was pumped up for that game...

CFord: Did Other Half release this as well? This was a collab with a local brewery here in L.A.
Nah.  That was only for sale at Monkish. I think a keg made its way to Other Half's taproom, though.

Last edited:

Some Orpheus Transmigration of Souls while waiting for the draft. Probably their best brew in my opinion. 10% abv and easy to drink.

Booked my flight back home to NY for the summer. Other Half looks appealing but I'm over waiting in line for anything. Sand City in Long Island is where excited to try for the first time.

Another trade done right.

Sipping on some ghost in the machine. Totally legit beer right there. My weekend is planned for me.

Girl met one of the head brewmasters at St. Archer. Super cool chick, hooked us up with their spin-off BBA line, Tusk & Grain. Pretty good stuff.

201604282035521461901986.jpg

Last edited:
I was not a fan of that Tusk & Grain No. 1 at all. I think the barley wine threw off the blend. Had a bitterness to it that I couldn't get past. Lot of people did like it though.
I am excited to try that Coconut Stout though. Supposedly limited. Hopefully I can pick some up.
And that snifter is snazzy. Thumbs up.

Honestly I didn't notice the barleywine at all, and I hate barleywines. Found it to be extremely easy to drink.

Two of the brewmasters actually came from Maui Brewing, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar to their Coconut porter but just kicked up a notch and BBA'ed. Obviously didn't get to try it while at the brewery since it got so busy later on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom