NT , your thoughts on your children marrying outside of their race . Mature Discusson ...

This is not an issue for me.

pimp.gif

I don't have any kids yet...
But my Parents wants me to marry a Filipino as well...

But in the end it's really up to me who'd I wanna marry someday...

It's the 21st century, it really doesn't matter anymore... 
happy.gif

Just make sure as Parents don't lack guidance to your kids...

Originally Posted by kickstart

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by amrcangangstr

my best friend for over 30 yrs is black

Why do people make comments like this in racial discussions?! This reminds me of the lady up north who sent that monkey picture of Obama to everyone in the office. Then she had the nerve to say she had black friends. It almost comes off as you know what you say is offensive but you try to redeem yourself because you know/befriended a person of color (like that makes it a-OK).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no problems with it. I use to make jokes about it (interracial couples) when I was immature and in my teens, but I grew up. 
pimp.gif

In my short time of browsing NT, some of you come off as closed minded and racist. I understand being prideful but ignorance is abundant in some of ya'lls posts. 

Same here, I HATE when people say that. And the person saying that usually doesn't realize how much of a fool they sound like 
when they say it. Don't even try to confront them about it either, they'll catch amnesia and be like, "whaa whaa??? What did I say?"

i like how some of you dont quote exactly what i said and just a part to try and ridicule .

what i said exactly was :

" There ain't a part of me at all that's racist, my best friend for over 30 yrs is black, if his son treated my daughter right and they fell in love I'd have no problem at all and look forward to my cinnamon grandkids "

i used the point of saying my best friend is black to point out that if his son dated my daughter and treated her right it'd be no issue. but of course as soon as u mention anything like that you get reactions and comments like i've gotten.

i'm even upset that i'm acknowledging this stupidity.

Reading this thread makes me so happy for the most part 
happy.gif
'Cause it's such a confirmation that our generation is finally getting its act together for the sake of the human race. FINALLY, we're at the point where race doesn't matter. I feel as though our generation is FAR more understanding than the one preceding it and that our kids will be even more tolerant than we are.

That being said, I don't give an F who my kids marry, as long as they're happy and treated well. Boy, girl, boy/girl, black, hispanic, asian, white, I could seriously not care less.

And in terms of "keeping your culture going", you don't have to marry within your race to do that. My dad's whole family is FOB slovak, and my mom's side is all Ukrainian. Tradition's not super important to my dad so my mom learned all the slovak traditions and recipes from her mother-in-law (my nana) and taught them all to me because she wanted me to grow up having both sides. If you want to pass the culture on to your kids, you can, regardless of whether you 'belong' to that culture or not.

As long as my kid's significant other doesn't try to CHANGE their upbringing, in terms of making them forsake our culture and traditions or trying to shove a religion down their throat or something, who cares? I WILL be huffy as all hell if my daughter doesn't learn to make perogies though.
laugh.gif

I'm gonna end up marrying a Ghanaian and I hope my kids will to. But there is also a slight chance I'll marry a Latina lol

i like how some of you dont quote exactly what i said and just a part to try and ridicule .

o dudes on here are notorious for doing that.  they'll go through your whole post, quote 1 small part that benifits them and disregard everything else relevant you posted.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

o dudes on here are notorious for doing that.  they'll go through your whole post, quote 1 small part that benifits them and disregard everything else relevant you posted.

$%!* is frustrating, dont make no sense
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

I'm gonna end up marrying a Ghanaian and I hope my kids will to. But there is also a slight chance I'll marry a Latina lol

No Nigerian women for you?
grin.gif
grin.gif

Anyhow I've been with a couple of your women. They're
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

I'm not sure what my kid would really be losing by marrying outside their race/culture. Teach them the history, the food, the language (if there is one) while they're young and that's about it. Good values are good values no matter what culture. What exactly would you be preserving? You sound like the mother from "Jumping The Broom" 
laugh.gif

As long as my kid's significant other doesn't try to CHANGE their upbringing, in terms of making them forsake our culture and traditions or trying to shove a religion down their throat or something, who cares?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This.[/font]

Originally Posted by likethematrix

all i know is that oneday "pure blooded" people will be the laughing stock of the world
with their recessive, weak, unevolved genes.
Don't really think that's how it works, though...

Anyways, definitely wouldn't care what race my children marry, god forbid I have any.

Originally Posted by scshift

Umm I find the most attractive women in the world happen to be white. It's not a big deal.

Some people think Beyonce is the most attractive woman in the world. So to them the most attractive woman in the world is black.

I made it clear that every race has attractive and ugly people. Just because you don't agree with my statement doesn't make it invalid.

Your a clown 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by scshift

Umm I find the most attractive women in the world happen to be white. It's not a big deal.

Some people think Beyonce is the most attractive woman in the world. So to them the most attractive woman in the world is black.

I made it clear that every race has attractive and ugly people. Just because you don't agree with my statement doesn't make it invalid.

Your a clown 
roll.gif
I don't understand
embarassed.gif

Same here bro my heart is with my west indian women but something about latinas
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

Same here bro my heart is with my west indian women but something about latinas
pimp.gif
this

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

In this day and age, if my daughter can find someone who doesnt beat her, cheat on her, is educated, not in massive debt and has goals and aspirations in life then I'm only going to smile.

No matter the creed, color, hair, facial structure, eyesight or missing limbs

You're are missing the bigger picture.
This. I swear even in 2011 people are worrying about the wrong things. 

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Well my daughter is mixed...

I've never "dated" inside my race....

So nah I wouldn't trip at all...

I was raised to believe that all people are equal and to date who I like regardless of race....
same here

Dont have kids, but since im all mixed up racially...

I dont care. Like dude said above me, it doesnt matter unless said person has the ability to be a good asset in my kids life.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

No Nigerian women for you?
grin.gif
grin.gif

Anyhow I've been with a couple of your women. They're
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
LOL, you won't believe this but my dad is half Nigerian so i'm a quarter
tongue.gif

My parents are divorced though so marrying a Nigerian would piss my mom off more than any other (except white)

Back
Top Bottom