NT , your thoughts on your children marrying outside of their race . Mature Discusson ...

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by amrcangangstr

Nah I think they'd do a good job of doing so but who's to say they marry someone who prefers to not acknowledge their culture and prefer to raise their kids in the culture solely. Don't act like I'm making up ridiculous scenarios. These things happen. Jewish people are notorious for making sure they marry within their race, no one see issues with that, they blatantly say it, no cares at all who they offend. And I don't wanna make a blanket statement towards Jewish people but it is what it is. I got an attorney at my job, Jewish, who just finished saying this.
Okay. I see where you are coming from. You are not necessarily teaching your kids "Puerto Rican" only, you would just PREFER that they marry Puerto Rican.

my best friend for over 30 yrs is black
Why do people make comments like this in racial discussions?! This reminds me of the lady up north who sent that monkey picture of Obama to everyone in the office. Then she had the nerve to say she had black friends. It almost comes off as you know what you say is offensive but you try to redeem yourself because you know/befriended a person of color (like that makes it a-OK).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no problems with it. I use to make jokes about it (interracial couples) when I was immature and in my teens, but I grew up. 
pimp.gif

In my short time of browsing NT, some of you come off as closed minded and racist. I understand being prideful but ignorance is abundant in some of ya'lls posts. 

Not at all, just making a point, but I see what your saying and I felt that way at times hearing other people say things like that.

Originally Posted by Weekz

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

This will not end well

THIS.
but to hopefully add something positive here, i understand 100% what you talkin about.  I, my parents, relatives all prefer if I married within my culutre (Jamaican/Guyanese/Caribbean culture).  My parents, especially my mom is not to cool with marrying an AA or a Haitian.  She has left over stereotypes from the Island.  I would also be more comfortable just because she would get me more and hopefully cook the food I like to eat.  @%%! FRIED CHICKEN! CURRY GOAT ALL DAY! I am not against marrying outside culture/race but I can def see positives from staying inside the culture.  There are also benefits of mixing.  The kid could grow up bilingual and multicultural and more accepting of other cultures.  It really depends on who ends up being "the one."
i came in here to say this.

my mom, Mexican, married a Croatian man.

now my sister is quad?-lingual.

she speaks English, Spanish, Croatian, and Italian .

not only that but i feel like it makes her more tolerant to other people, becuase she is mixed. but you could also attribute that to her upbringing....

EDIT:
my sister (8 years old) is light skinned (not pale, but light) and i remember one day when she came home from the pool with a fresh tan. she said "look mom now i can be a real mexican"

laugh.gif

I'm already mixed, I don't mind my children dating other races 
I wil say this, break my daughter's heart. I WILL BREAK YOUR LEGS 
mad.gif

I would not have a problem with race, but religion is a key factor. I would prefer my kids marrying someone of the same religion

the sad thing is OP's a parent...and this close minded. 

So he'll be passing down his ignorance to another generation. Hopefully the kid realize when she gets older what her parents tried to teach her was a bowl of $*#!.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

What does your grandchildren being 100% of a race that's already mixed to begin with have anything to do with learning about your family's heritage, tho????

he must mean he doesn't want anymore black blood in his children's DNA.
grin.gif

Last time I checked Puerto Ricans were a mixture of Amerindians, Black slaves and Europeans...although naturally the black part gets downplayed.

grin.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Put em up

So he'll be passing down his ignorance to another generation. Hopefully the kid realize when she gets older what her parents tried to teach her was a bowl of !%#@.

i'ma say it again cause some of you read but obviously dont comprehend

i have no problem at all with my daughters dating or marrying any man of any race. the way i feel is just a preference , i'm proud of my race and heritage . i would like my kids to keep it 100 % . i would never make my girls feel like they need to be with a puerto rican man or else i wouldn't approve. whats makes them happy makes me happy . i never once in my life even mentioned this to them . so before u assume that i'm closed minded and ignorant , read my replies .

Last time I checked Puerto Ricans were a mixture of Amerindians, Black slaves and Europeans...although naturally the black part gets downplayed.

again, read .

i just said on this page if my girls had a baby with a black man it wouldn't be an issue . dont assume for me, i made my points clear .....

I don't care at all, as long as they're cool it's all good.

I do want my son if I had one to marry an attractive woman though. And the most attractive women are white, so damn straight he'll probably be marrying outside of the race. No big deal though.

Originally Posted by scshift

I do want my son if I had one to marry an attractive woman though. And the most attractive women are white, so damn straight he'll probably be marrying outside of the race. No big deal though.

indifferent.gif

Well my daughter is mixed...

I've never "dated" inside my race....

So nah I wouldn't trip at all...

I was raised to believe that all people are equal and to date who I like regardless of race....

Either NTers need reading comprehension help or they just want to give OP a hard time 
laugh.gif
  I think it's the latter. 

Anyway, not only do I approve of it, I encourage it.  I don't think of it as losing a culture, I think of it as gaining another one. 

Filipinos (I'm filipino) are all a bi-product of mixed races anyway.  Why we, seem to deny it, I'm not sure. 

^^ aint that the truth bro! As long as the person my kids date are d bags then I'm all for it let's all grow from others culture.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
dude can not be serious

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
dude can not be serious

crazy thing is...dude was dead serious when he wrote it.

I want them to.  My family usually stays within our race / culture when they marry, except for a few of my cousins.  I want for me and my future children to break the tradition.  My family is short, I'll definitely have kids with someone who has tall people in her family.

Originally Posted by Put em up

So he'll be passing down his ignorance to another generation. Hopefully the kid realize when she gets older what her parents tried to teach her was a bowl of !%#@.

i'ma say it again cause some of you read but obviously dont comprehend

i have no problem at all with my daughters dating or marrying any man of any race. the way i feel is just a preference , i'm proud of my race and heritage . i would like my kids to keep it 100 % . i would never make my girls feel like they need to be with a puerto rican man or else i wouldn't approve. whats makes them happy makes me happy . i never once in my life even mentioned this to them . so before u assume that i'm closed minded and ignorant , read my replies .

again, read .

i just said on this page if my girls had a baby with a black man it wouldn't be an issue . dont assume for me, i made my points clear .....

i think im gonna step in for onewearz here.  he doesnt mean race so much as culture.  i think you guys/he got hampered up on the race thing. his original point was about culture really but he used the wrong word.  now, all he is saying is that he would his children/grand children to grow up in a puerto rican traditition.  I understand this completely.  I'm american born but raised in a caribbean household.  I would love to pass along my/my parents culture.  He has a valid point.  I think what he is saying is that he wants too delay american assimilation as long as possible, and I for one concur.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Stop it. And seriously, with this mindset, I feel sorry for your kids.

[/color]

All other races think of whites as a come up, and all other races think of blacks as a failure
30t6p3b.gif
���

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Let them keep thinking that. [/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]And OP, you're an idiot. No once cares if your best friend of 30 years is black, the hell does that have to do with anything?[/color]

HelloHipHop4000 wrote:TruthGetsBusy wrote:scshift wrote:

dude can not be serious

lololol to each there own lol i just hope my daughter doesnt marry a guy like me or any of you nter's sons lolol

Back
Top Bottom