NTers, What's your current GPA?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Irrelevant

This statement is completely false if yu were trying to get into dental school, medical school, or any other professional school.

Just graduated
3.17 from Cornell

Majors: Economics, Africana Studies; Minors: Law & Society, International Relations

Doing Teach for America

Gettting my Master's from UPenn

Second Ivy Degree on the way 

pimp.gif

Just graduated
3.17 from Cornell

Majors: Economics, Africana Studies; Minors: Law & Society, International Relations

Doing Teach for America

Gettting my Master's from UPenn

Second Ivy Degree on the way 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

Irrelevant

This statement is completely false if yu were trying to get into dental school, medical school, or any other professional school.
Add Fortune 500 companies and professional services firms to that list.

Irrelevant

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Irrelevant

Can we please break out of the conformity? There is more to medicine and providing people with care than going to school for 8 years and paying thousands of dollars to become a doctor...
Of course GPA isn't completely irrelevant....but my point is think outside the box for once...creativity is more important....in a lot of ways GPA has become an indication of how good you kiss %++. 

Irrelevant

Can we please break out of the conformity? There is more to medicine and providing people with care than going to school for 8 years and paying thousands of dollars to become a doctor...
Of course GPA isn't completely irrelevant....but my point is think outside the box for once...creativity is more important....in a lot of ways GPA has become an indication of how good you kiss %++. 

well below a 3
ohwell.gif

Electrical Engineering
Temple University '11

major made high school look like 2nd grade. stuck through it tho.

well below a 3
ohwell.gif

Electrical Engineering
Temple University '11

major made high school look like 2nd grade. stuck through it tho.

3.65 at a CC.
Makes me feel dumb since Some of you NT'ers are in some top notch schools.

3.65 at a CC.
Makes me feel dumb since Some of you NT'ers are in some top notch schools.

Irrelevant

Yep....a lot of the best programs look @ the "whole applicant"-meaning extracurriculars, interpersonal skills, work experience, creativity, interview etc but without the numbers you're essentially taking yourself out of the running. So unlike BSmooth is tryna imply no med school don't only look for a high GPA + MCAT scores, but they look for that first because it gives an indication of your ability to handle the material. All the other stuff means nothing if you can't pass the exams and graduate. Dude prolly thinks they send out acceptances to whoever had the highest numbers automatically. Your GPA and standardized test scores at least speaking for med and law is simply an indication of your ability to handle the rigors of med school not "kiss ***" like dude just mentioned.
grin.gif
Dude would be surprised what kinda numbers get rejected from med school
sick.gif
because they weren't the "complete package" so to speak.

Irrelevant

Yep....a lot of the best programs look @ the "whole applicant"-meaning extracurriculars, interpersonal skills, work experience, creativity, interview etc but without the numbers you're essentially taking yourself out of the running. So unlike BSmooth is tryna imply no med school don't only look for a high GPA + MCAT scores, but they look for that first because it gives an indication of your ability to handle the material. All the other stuff means nothing if you can't pass the exams and graduate. Dude prolly thinks they send out acceptances to whoever had the highest numbers automatically. Your GPA and standardized test scores at least speaking for med and law is simply an indication of your ability to handle the rigors of med school not "kiss ***" like dude just mentioned.
grin.gif
Dude would be surprised what kinda numbers get rejected from med school
sick.gif
because they weren't the "complete package" so to speak.

Creativity goes a long way in many professions....medicine, science, engineering, but if you're too stupid to understand the basics none of that matters. I would hope my civil engineer possesses both brains and creativity-i don't want a bridge that looks nice but will crumble and kill people as soon as someone steps on it. Same goes for medicine, these days most people applying have the "numbers"-they clearly use other factors to decide who they take when all things are equal.

BDW most doctors complain about how much they pay to go to med school because its their way of venting for being overworked
ohwell.gif
, but most of them pay it off and make more money than 99.9 percent of the people who live on this planet. And a lot of people get hefty scholarships to go to med school. Word to my sis
smokin.gif

Creativity goes a long way in many professions....medicine, science, engineering, but if you're too stupid to understand the basics none of that matters. I would hope my civil engineer possesses both brains and creativity-i don't want a bridge that looks nice but will crumble and kill people as soon as someone steps on it. Same goes for medicine, these days most people applying have the "numbers"-they clearly use other factors to decide who they take when all things are equal.

BDW most doctors complain about how much they pay to go to med school because its their way of venting for being overworked
ohwell.gif
, but most of them pay it off and make more money than 99.9 percent of the people who live on this planet. And a lot of people get hefty scholarships to go to med school. Word to my sis
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom