NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

am i doing it wrong? My third son was born a year ago, so i felt it was time to get a whip. Before that i would use my dad's Murano if i needed to drive anywhere (mainly on the weekend to run errands). I decided to lease a 2013 pathfinder. I put like $3200 down and I am paying ~$400 a month for a 36 month lease (12k miles a year, and i only have 7k a year later). it was cheaper to lease than buy (monthly payments). not sure if i will buy the car outright when the lease is done or just lease a new pathfinder.

am i doing it wrong? My third son was born a year ago, so i felt it was time to get a whip. Before that i would use my dad's Murano if i needed to drive anywhere (mainly on the weekend to run errands). I decided to lease a 2013 pathfinder. I put like $3200 down and I am paying ~$400 a month for a 36 month lease (12k miles a year, and i only have 7k a year later). it was cheaper to lease than buy (monthly payments). not sure if i will buy the car outright when the lease is done or just lease a new pathfinder.
Well, just depends on the MSRP of the Pathfinder. Not familliar with their pricing but, $3200 down and 400 a month isn't too bad but it is more than what I pay for a 2013 MB C300.

It's all about your current situation and you needed a SUV. Pathfinders are nice as hell too, not doing it wrong at all

You work for a dealership though that's not fair
laugh.gif
My biggest piece of advice. Whenever you guys are looking to get into a new car, ask about loaners or ex-loaners. Got my whip as an ex-loaner with just over 8,000 miles on it. My monthly payments only like $290 including tax.

this thread was doomed from the first page, when dudes started quoting rappers for financial advice

I personally would never lease a car.  Just seems like an eternal car payment for NOTHING in the long run.. sounds like a "waste" to me

Last edited:

this thread was doomed from the first page, when dudes started quoting rappers for financial advice

I personally would never lease a car.  Just seems like an eternal car payment for NOTHING in the long run.. sounds like a "waste" to me
Like I've said a hunna times in here, leasing isn't dumb when you're leasing nice whips. Leasing hondas, toyotas, chevys isnt the greatest idea but it really just depends on the model

I get the whole "new car every 3 years" deal

But you gotta realize how much extra that is costing you in the long run..

You pay 10-15k into a vehicle that originally cost 25k, then they sell the same vehicle to someone for 18k at the end of your lease. Where did your money go?

You'd be better off buying a pre owned luxury, depreciating it for three years, selling, and continuing the cycle.

I understand it's all about "brand new" though, and I would also never buy a brand new car.

Watch it lose 20% of it's value the moment I drive it off the lot, call me stupid but I ain't dumb

Last edited:

It's better than paying 800 for 60 months! That's 5 years, fam. When you can lease a car for around 400 for 3 years then get the new one after.

I get the whole "new car every 3 years" deal

But you gotta realize how much extra that is costing you in the long run..

You'd be better off buying a pre owned luxury, depreciating it for three years, selling, and continuing the cycle.

I understand it's all about "brand new" though, and I would also never buy a brand new car.

Watch it lose 20% of it's value the moment I drive it off the lot, call me stupid but I ain't dumb
All I'm saying is that there are vastly more new luxury car sales than their are pre-owned luxury car sales. I just need to upload a financial analysis cash vs. financing vs. leasing on here and show you guys
laugh.gif

Hey Hoosier how much you think I could get a E class coupe lease for? Any tips tricks on how to get it low? (Internet says like 1g a month)

All I'm saying is that there are vastly more new luxury car sales than their are pre-owned luxury car sales. I just need to upload a financial analysis cash vs. financing vs. leasing on here and show you guys
laugh.gif
All that shows is that people are living in excess. Outside their means. 

It's better than paying 800 for 60 months! That's 5 years, fam. When you can lease a car for around 400 for 3 years then get the new one after.
so in the time of 2 leases, you'll have nothing to show and I'll have something I can sell for $$$ to invest in a new one and pay less than before, while you still pay 400. 

repeat that cycle enough times, I'll be able to buy the luxury car outright, and you'll still be paying $400/mo.

Last edited:
Hey Hoosier how much you think I could get a E class coupe lease for? Any tips tricks on how to get it low? (Internet says like 1g a month)
Yeah that E Class coupe has little incentive $$ behind it. E Class sedan would be more affordable. Last I checked you could lease one for 27 months for 20,000 miles for like $750 including taxes and fees.

We had a special a month or two ago that was sign and drive (still had to pay first month's payment and documentation fee up front). So essentially, you could get into a new 2014 E Class and drive it off the showroom floor for under a grand when my mans put down $3200 for a Pathfinder.

Car industry is crazy man
laugh.gif
. Just depends on your credit score and when you're looking to get into a new whip

That's the bottom line though.

Car salesman says "You can drive this car off the lot for $1000 today"

stupid man says "I'm SOLD!" and honestly believes he got a deal

laugh.gif
All that shows is that people are living in excess. Outside their means. 

so in the time of 2 leases, you'll have nothing to show and I'll have something I can sell for $$$ to invest in a new one and pay less than before, while you still pay 400. 

repeat that cycle enough times, I'll be able to buy the luxury car outright, and you'll still be paying $400/mo.
I'll give you a scenario here.

Say you buy a certified pre-owned 2012 MB E Class for $41,000 with 33,000 miles includes a 2 year,100,000 mile warranty (this is a car that we currently have in stock btw). And you finance that for 5 years at the BEST interest rate of 1.99.

The average American drives between 10,000-12,000 miles per year. 3 years from now that out of style, out of warranty E Class will have 50,000-60,000 miles on it and you only have $28,000 paid off on it.

What do you honestly think you could sell the car for? Let's say you get lucky and sell it for $30,000. You're still $10,000+ (interest+tax) in the hole. So basically you paid $10,000 to drive a nice whip for 3 years. Divide $10,000k by 36 months, that's a little under $300. So basically you could've leased a car for paying around the same amount for 3 years that includes a warranty throughout the duration of the lease and you can apply trade-in equity of the leased car for a new one.

Range Rover is by far the most overrated luxury vehicle to ever exist. That and the Jaguar

I agree. My buddy went to pick up the new body sport for his wife because her lease was up and the payment was $400-500 more. The mark up on Ranges are insane right now. Saw one that had $100,000 Range Rover mark up and an addtional $100,000 mark up. $300,000 for a big body range :x

He ended up getting the LR3 with the blacked out package and its bigger than the sport and same monthly payment.

My biggest piece of advice. Whenever you guys are looking to get into a new car, ask about loaners or ex-loaners. Got my whip as an ex-loaner with just over 8,000 miles on it. My monthly payments only like $290 including tax.

This. Ask for Demo models too. The may have 3-4K miles, but the payments are :smokin. Also, I advise you to look at the specials on the dealers individual website, not just the US site.

Say you buy a certified pre-owned 2012 MB E Class for $41,000 with 33,000 miles includes a 2 year,100,000 mile warranty (this is a car that we currently have in stock btw). And you finance that for 5 years at the BEST interest rate of 1.99.

The average American drives between 10,000-12,000 miles per year. 3 years from now that out of style, out of warranty E Class will have 50,000-60,000 miles on it and you only have $28,000 paid off on it.

What do you honestly think you could sell the car for? Let's say you get lucky and sell it for $30,000. You're still $10,000+ (interest+tax) in the hole. So basically you paid $10,000 to drive a nice whip for 3 years. Divide $10,000k by 36 months, that's a little under $300. So basically you could've leased a car for paying around the same amount for 3 years that includes a warranty throughout the duration of the lease and you can apply trade-in equity of the leased car for a new one.
You don't need to break it down for me, it's pretty simple math.

Most interest I find in your scenario is what luxury car you're getting for $300 a month with nothing down?

If anything, you've proven my point of buying certified pre-owned, depreciating it yourself, and re-upping..

You don't need to break it down for me, it's pretty simple math.

Most interest I find in your scenario is what luxury car you're getting for $300 a month with nothing down?

If anything, you've proven my point of buying certified pre-owned, depreciating it yourself, and re-upping..
Then come and cop a CPO off me i make more commission off them
pimp.gif

Hoosier is really breaking it down. Thanks for the insight.
No problem. The dealership I work for has no F&I managers so I basically sell and consult. It's all really a numbers game. You'd be surprised how many peeople have no idea how to go about buying a car

Any E class for $1k is a rip off. When I was looking at leasing an S550 payments were only about $1200 a month

Same for a 5 series ???
Not too sure about BMW, they do their leasing programs differently.

No problem. The dealership I work for has no F&I managers so I basically sell and consult. It's all really a numbers game. You'd be surprised how many peeople have no idea how to go about buying a car
I'm going to need you to help me out soon lol
Hey no problem bro PM me at anytime

Back
Top Bottom