NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

I get the whole "new car every 3 years" deal

But you gotta realize how much extra that is costing you in the long run..

You pay 10-15k into a vehicle that originally cost 25k, then they sell the same vehicle to someone for 18k at the end of your lease. Where did your money go?

And you gotta realize not everybody lives their life concerned about "extra cost"

Mind is blown, buying a car really isn't that difficult. But then again I have friends who paid 21% interest rates on cars before smh. If you understand basic math and have a checking account you should know how to buy a car. But then again everyone is just out to rip everyone off nowadays so ask a friend of parent figure people don't just go to the lot and say I wanna buy a car. I see a lot of monthly payment discussions going on, I thought the main focus was suppose to be the price then go from there.

You pay 10-15k into a vehicle that originally cost 25k, then they sell the same vehicle to someone for 18k at the end of your lease. Where did your money go?

You'd be better off buying a pre owned luxury, depreciating it for three years, selling, and continuing the cycle.

I understand it's all about "brand new" though, and I would also never buy a brand new car.

Watch it lose 20% of it's value the moment I drive it off the lot, call me stupid but I ain't dumb
You don't sell the car at the end of a lease. You simply give it back to them and repeat the cycle.

The Lease vs. buy argument has always been a religious battle. Those who are for a lease only compare it based on monthly payments vs. the total value of the vehicle over the course of owning it. I have yet to hear a reputable financial adviser that would advise that will tell you that leasing is a better deal than buying. You're not only suck in a car payment that has nothing to show for it in the end, but then if anything happens to the vehicle, you're on the hook for that too when you're just going to give it back to the dealer in 3-5 years.

Here are a couple articles about how expensive leasing really is:
[h1]Should you buy or lease a new vehicle?[/h1][h2]Those low lease payments look great, but there's no such thing as a free lunch.[/h2]
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/money101/lesson17/index5.htm
[h1]Car Leasing Means Losing[/h1][h2]The most expensive way to operate a vehicle[/h2]
https://www.mytotalmoneymakeover.com/?event=displayPrintArticle&articleId=car-leasing-means-losing

You'd be better off buying a pre owned luxury, depreciating it for three years, selling, and continuing the cycle.

I understand it's all about "brand new" though, and I would also never buy a brand new car.

Watch it lose 20% of it's value the moment I drive it off the lot, call me stupid but I ain't dumb
You don't sell the car at the end of a lease. You simply give it back to them and repeat the cycle.

The Lease vs. buy argument has always been a religious battle. Those who are for a lease only compare it based on monthly payments vs. the total value of the vehicle over the course of owning it. I have yet to hear a reputable financial adviser that would advise that will tell you that leasing is a better deal than buying. You're not only suck in a car payment that has nothing to show for it in the end, but then if anything happens to the vehicle, you're on the hook for that too when you're just going to give it back to the dealer in 3-5 years.

Here are a couple articles about how expensive leasing really is:
[h1]Should you buy or lease a new vehicle?[/h1][h2]Those low lease payments look great, but there's no such thing as a free lunch.[/h2]
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/money101/lesson17/index5.htm
[h1]Car Leasing Means Losing[/h1][h2]The most expensive way to operate a vehicle[/h2]
https://www.mytotalmoneymakeover.com/?event=displayPrintArticle&articleId=car-leasing-means-losing
Again, it depends on your purchasing power. A good client of ours, name rhymes with "Birds say", buys all his new whips outright with cash. Obviously if you have the disposable income to buy the car, then its best to buy it. BUT you're eating up all of the depreciation the longer you drive, have the car etc.

If financial advisors dont advise people to lease, why the hell these multi million dollar athletes/execs leasing cars from us then? I guarantee they have FA's too
laugh.gif

Really just depends on your situation. Leasing aint for everyone if that's what you're saying, I agree.

crcballer, you gonna let HoosierDaddy talk to you like that? He straight chumped you and called you a fool. He said yo momma is his financial advisor.

I said the dealership will sell a 25k car for 18k after your lease is up. Your second article describes exactly what I said, so I'll chalk that up to you misreading..
If financial advisors dont advise people to lease, why the hell these multi million dollar athletes/execs leasing cars from us then? I guarantee they have FA's too
laugh.gif
because it's easiest way to have a nice car and be lazy about - how many million dollar athelets and execs enjoy turning a wrench in their free time?

crcballer, you gonna let HoosierDaddy talk to you like that? He straight chumped you and called you a fool. He said yo momma is his financial advisor.

:lol:

CRC, i dont know if this applies to the majority of NT, but what are your thoughts on leasing if you own your own business and can manage to lease the vehicle under the business name as a business vehicle? Do you think that the benefits of leasing (assuming you find a great lease offer with low upfront costs, higher residual, and low lease rate) outweight the benefits of buying/financing?

I said the dealership will sell a 25k car for 18k after your lease is up. Your second article describes exactly what I said, so I'll chalk that up to you misreading..
laugh.gif
because it's easiest way to have a nice car and be lazy about - how many million dollar athelets and execs enjoy turning a wrench in their free time?
Actually leasing is the hardest way to get into a new car, well with us at least. Our main bank, Mercedes Benz Financial Services, is actually more strict regarding who they approve leasing their car than they are to finance.

How is going about a credit application, waiting to hear back from a bank easier than wiring money from the trust fund and taking the car home that same day?

Lol my guy how old are you forreal forreal
Lol one day your 40, one day your 13 :lol:
You my guy tho :lol:

:pimp:

People also talk about not owning the vehicle after the lease ends; I look at it as you did own the vehicle during the term of the lease, just that you're not stuck with a depreciating asset anymore.

I must be the only one who views a car as a necessity and not a depreciation asset. Without a car I can't get to work = can't get paid. If you buy cars to sell then ok it's a depreciating asset, but if you but with the intention of getting to point A to point B what's the big deal?

I must be the only one who views a car as a necessity and not a depreciation asset. Without a car I can't get to work = can't get paid. If you buy cars to sell then ok it's a depreciating asset, but if you but with the intention of getting to point A to point B what's the big deal?

i dont believe any man who says this

real talk, youre just smart an live in your means for now thats all

or you just never been behind the wheel of a car that grabs attention an is fun to drive yet

Last edited:
If it was only a necessity you wouldn't of spent years making threads about which car to cop, you would of just purchased a vehicle to get from point A to point B

never been behind the wheel of a car that grabs attention an is fun to drive yet
I'd say this plays a role when a lot of people talk down on "luxury" cars and especially "entry" level luxury cars. Until you drive one every day, people dont understand the difference. I'll take my 3 series any day over an Accord. Nicer ride, better stopping, better handling, more responsive, more power. Thats not to say the Accord wont last longer, cost less, cost less in maintainence, insurance, etc. But to write off luxury cars as "stuntin" is generally going to come from people uneducated about cars and their performance imo. At the end of the day it's all about individual wants and needs... just my 2 cents for now.

never been behind the wheel of a car that grabs attention an is fun to drive yet
I'd say this plays a role when a lot of people talk down on "luxury" cars and especially "entry" level luxury cars. Until you drive one every day, people dont understand the difference. I'll take my 3 series any day over an Accord. Nicer ride, better stopping, better handling, more responsive, more power. Thats not to say the Accord wont last longer, cost less, cost less in maintainence, insurance, etc. But to write off luxury cars as "stuntin" is generally going to come from people uneducated about cars and their performance imo. At the end of the day it's all about individual wants and needs... just my 2 cents for now.

I think you are mistaking the definition of entry level. Entry level is that 200hp, leatherette seat, $35k Msrp luxury car. When you could have got a 278hp, leather, navigation, heated seat Accord for $32k

Last edited:

I think you are mistaking the definition of entry level. Entry level is that 200hp, leatherette seat, $35k Msrp luxury car. When you could have got a 278hp, leather, navigation, heated seat Accord for $32k
That's only a $3k difference doe

Hey Hoosier how much you think I could get a E class coupe lease for? Any tips tricks on how to get it low? (Internet says like 1g a month)

Yeah that E Class coupe has little incentive $$ behind it. E Class sedan would be more affordable. Last I checked you could lease one for 27 months for 20,000 miles for like $750 including taxes and fees.

We had a special a month or two ago that was sign and drive (still had to pay first month's payment and documentation fee up front). So essentially, you could get into a new 2014 E Class and drive it off the showroom floor for under a grand when my mans put down $3200 for a Pathfinder.

Car industry is crazy man :lol: . Just depends on your credit score and when you're looking to get into a new whip

I pay under 750 for my e class and that includes the tire and rim protection I added to the vehicle.

I wasn't 100% sure how good my deal was but after reading this I'm looking pretty good.

Im thinking about going the buying route and getting a very high trim but older model MBW. Maybe as old as 2002.

I've been leasing for almost 2 years now 6-9 month lease at 200 a month or below and its a pretty sweet lease game but I'd rather own than pay that monthly bill.

Im thinking about going the buying route and getting a very high trim but older model MBW. Maybe as old as 2002.

I've been leasing for almost 2 years now 6-9 month lease at 200 a month or below and its a pretty sweet lease game but I'd rather own than pay that monthly bill.

don't buy a luxury car that wasn't made this decade.

Back
Top Bottom