NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

If anyone is considering a lease your best bet is to research residuals and money factors specific to the make and model you want to lease. Search through the car forums of the brand you're interested in they have a lot of good reads with experienced guys willing to help.

money factor is all depending on tiers.. tiers get broken down based on your credit. want a good lease , have good credit..just like purchasing it makes a diff.

Residuals
Money factor
Price of car
term (36mo/12k miles per year) or 27/10) do the math, sometimes its better to pay the .25 per mile fee on oppose to buying them up front.
how much out of pocket to cover minimal drive off (all makes and models will be diff, covers acquisition fee + first months payment)
some leases dont require any down which then the drive off is added to the price so technically you still pay it
like someone suggested , get on the forums of the car you are wanting to buy and ask questions..mostly every car has a dedicated page to leasing and buying ( see what others paid)
SHOP AROUND. don't go with the first quote unless you searched it and you are confident you are getting a good deal.
truecar.com will give you a good idea on how much you can pay for that particular vehicle. Educate yourself with the market and demand. see others experience

I am very familiar with leasing/purchasing. And yes I am in the business.

I want to lease a jeep grand Cherokee so badly, fully loaded with all bells and whistles of course. Or even a dodge Durango.

Seen a couple that made me really think about leasing.....

In my opinion though,
American vehicles = Lease
Japanese = own / lease

Japanese vehicles always have seemed to have more reliability after about 10 years
last statement is going off popular opinion..

American cars have stepped it ALL the way up

By far the dumbest idea. Honestly just save your money and BUY A REALIABLE CAR
sit down famb.

Last edited:
leasing is a new form of purchasing. depending on your situation and what your ultimate goal is moving forward it could be the best option for you. in terms of being a stupid idea? no, it's not.

you get options

1- trade it for something else before or at end of lease (it's the same as if it was financed, goes off of value aka KBB)
2- buy it for the agreed lease amount purchase price at end of term (you can extend what u owe for 5yrs, still having a low monthly and not all one big amount from the get go)
3- walk away. 9/10 people NEVER walk away.

there's certain cars you just don't want to finance due to their extreme value drop/negative equity position they put you in.

if anyone needs advice/help feel free to PM me.

I want to lease a jeep grand Cherokee so badly, fully loaded with all bells and whistles of course. Or even a dodge Durango.

Seen a couple that made me really think about leasing.....

In my opinion though,
American vehicles = Lease
Japanese = own / lease

Japanese vehicles always have seemed to have more reliability after about 10 years

That Cherokee gonna cost you A LOT to lease unless they have some crazy deals in your area

leasing is a new form of purchasing. depending on your situation and what your ultimate goal is moving forward it could be the best option for you. in terms of being a stupid idea? no, it's not.

you get options

1- trade it for something else before or at end of lease (it's the same as if it was financed, goes off of value aka KBB)
2- buy it for the agreed lease amount purchase price at end of term (you can extend what u owe for 5yrs, still having a low monthly and not all one big amount from the get go)
3- walk away. 9/10 people NEVER walk away.

there's certain cars you just don't want to finance due to their extreme value drop/negative equity position they put you in.

if anyone needs advice/help feel free to PM me.

What brand do you work for?

last statement is going off popular opinion..

American cars have stepped it ALL the way up
sit down famb.

Folk still using facts from 20 yrs ago about american cars and it's kinda sad.

I don't have a bias either way, but a lot of people are bigger sheep to Japanese cars than them damb iPhones :lol:

that 9/10 dont walk away.... :rofl:

WRONG

where did you get that number from

i can only speak for me

i had no intentions of keeping my lease
and had no problems walking away, turning it in and getting something else

yeah American cars have gotten better but the warranties are still crap

as i stated before
i wanna keep my wife and son in something new, leasing allows me a cheaper option to do this.

i tried the buy/sell game and it was a complete headache

yet somehow the costs and headache of playing the buy/sell game is never factored in

By far the dumbest idea. Honestly just save your money and BUY A REALIABLE CAR

Not to entertain this uninformed response, but in the history of bad ideas since the beginning of time, you think THIS is by far the dumbest? or are you really just terrible with words?

Last edited:
lot of interesting stuff in here.
I don't think either argument is
right or wrong as for leasing or
buying a whip. its all preference.
thanks for info...I was looking into
grabbing a CLS 550.

Not to entertain this uninformed response, but in the history of bad ideas since the beginning of time, you think THIS is by far the dumbest? or are you really just terrible with words?
Nah But this is a dumb idea. I provided knowledge on what you SHOULD DO. Just a stupid freaking idea. So Dumb. I don;t get it but keep messing your money up bruh. Leasing a car doesn’t build any kind of financial value.

Last edited:
I'd rather lease than buy. Only reason I had to buy my car is cause leasing wasn't an option available yet.

Brb, $100k+ gone when I could have used it to invest.
lol at you thinking leasing or BUYING  100k car makes any sense. SMH and they wonder why yall credit be messed up.

im curious,
what if you dont want to own your car?

what if the person actually want to "rent" their car for 3 years?
I'd call them  andifferent. Thats what they are andifferent. Most people cant afford to buy thereir cars out front, but the goal most the time is to pay off the car. Have a good savings, buy a car you can afford with or without your current jobs based on your savings AND GET SOEMTHING YOU CAN OWN. VS leasing something.

Back
Top Bottom