NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

My gun gets dirty as hell in my holster. I can clean it, then after a day or two of off and on carrying all day, **** is filthy. Also looking for a new line of holsters of anyone has suggestions.

^ I have a Stealthgear Revolution. Can't carry publicly yet but I've been carrying around the house. Comfortable and no complaints so far. Haven't had it long enough to see how dirty the gun gets though...

Alien Gear holsters any good?

My gun gets dirty as hell in my holster. I can clean it, then after a day or two of off and on carrying all day, **** is filthy. Also looking for a new line of holsters of anyone has suggestions.

You mean lint?

Yeah looks like just lint lol. That ain't the holsters fault :lol:

If the lint is sticking to your gun that much maybe you're oiling up your gun too much? Idk

Last edited:
Magic33 Magic33 I've only heard good things about alien gear. Don't own one though. Recently copped a bunch of holsters from Uncle Mike's for the low though.

Yeah, I watched a few youtube reviews. The prices are good for what I see a lot of the others at, but they don't look cheap.

I've been putting off carrying, and I think i would carry more

I have

Amazon product ASIN B00JVNJLSO
and a leather one I got from the gun store when I first picked up my Shield

If you carry concealed on any sort of regular basis, your gun is gonna get lint in it, bottom line. It's going to happen.

There's no need to clean the gun, because it's not dirty; it's just lent. I'll use compressed air to clean it out every now again (especially in the fire control/trigger housing)

Just picked up a mossberg shockwave as well. on the fence about keeping it since I have rule about guns having to be practical or having a potential use. I'm justifying it to myself that it can be used as an out of town/trip long gun or as a bedroom gun. But really, it just looks cool and is a neat idea. I also figure if i ever decide to SBS it, it'll be much cheaper than finding a short barrel or cutting an existing long barrel.

Any suggestions on keeping slide looking good? I carry this in a leather holster and it gets "ashy"

Anyone have any experience with bushnell optics? I saw they are doing a 25% rebate promotion and picked up a TRS-32 for my M&P 15 sport (1st gen.) Saw some youtube videos and read some reviews and seem pretty positive. 

Range day next week! Cousin picked up a Remington 700. He's just waiting on his scope(he picked up a Vortex, do not remember the model though.) to arrive. 

Anyone have any experience with bushnell optics? I saw they are doing a 25% rebate promotion and picked up a TRS-32 for my M&P 15 sport (1st gen.) Saw some youtube videos and read some reviews and seem pretty positive. 

Range day next week! Cousin picked up a Remington 700. He's just waiting on his scope(he picked up a Vortex, do not remember the model though.) to arrive. 
Only Bushnell optics I have are binoculars and a spotting scope 
laugh.gif

They're both solid lol. 

I came in here to ask a question and after watching the Shockwave video up top I'm intrigued lol

I currently own a subcompact Mod.2 from Springfield and was looking to get a full size XDM. I did see that they recently have released a XDM OSP that comes equipped with a Vortex Venom red dot sight. When handling it, I noticed the front fiber optic sight was not raised to align with the red dot, which just seemed off to me. I was wondering if anyone didn't see that as a factor, or if I should just stick with a regular XDM. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I came in here to ask a question and after watching the Shockwave video up top I'm intrigued lol

I currently own a subcompact Mod.2 from Springfield and was looking to get a full size XDM. I did see that they recently have released a XDM OPS that comes equipped with a Vortex Venom red dot sight. When handling it, I noticed the front fiber optic sight was not raised to align with the red dot, which just seemed off to me. I was wondering if anyone didn't see that as a factor, or if I should just stick with a regular XDM. Any info would be appreciated.

I had an RMR mounted on an M&P 45 compact, and shot it extensively for about 8 months, and 5000 rounds. I could not use the rear sight, and eventually had a rear sight installed in front of the optic and replaced the stock sights with suppressor height sights. I had them co witnessed with the dot and it makes life easier.

You'll probably struggle with sight alignment and searching for the dot with the non co witnessed sights, as there will be multiple points of reference in your view. With the co witnessed sights, it's much more natural as you instinctively bring the gun up and begin aligning the sights via muscle memory. Once the gun is up and you have your sights aligned, then the dot will be on target and all you have to do is focus on is trigger press and ''wobble"/keeping the sights steady.

If you do go with that setup, please let us know how it works out. Really curious about the Vortex optics on a slide mounted pistol.

I had an RMR mounted on an M&P 45 compact, and shot it extensively for about 8 months, and 5000 rounds. I could not use the rear sight, and eventually had a rear sight installed in front of the optic and replaced the stock sights with suppressor height sights. I had them co witnessed with the dot and it makes life easier.

You'll probably struggle with sight alignment and searching for the dot with the non co witnessed sights, as there will be multiple points of reference in your view. With the co witnessed sights, it's much more natural as you instinctively bring the gun up and begin aligning the sights via muscle memory. Once the gun is up and you have your sights aligned, then the dot will be on target and all you have to do is focus on is trigger press and ''wobble"/keeping the sights steady.

If you do go with that setup, please let us know how it works out. Really curious about the Vortex optics on a slide mounted pistol.

Repped and thanks for describing your experience. Right now I'm leaning with just going with the regular XDM, but if I get spontaneous and get the OSP, I'll be back to describe my personal experience.

Had a b*tch of a time zeroing in my red dot. Probably because I didn't read the manual properly and adjusted each tick an inch instead of half an inch.

Also, got to shoot a remmington 700...Now I'm craving to pick up a .308 riffle. Eventually hope to hunt as well. 

The P226 mk25 shot great for me. Loved it. put 100 rounds through it. 

Had a b*tch of a time zeroing in my red dot. Probably because I didn't read the manual properly and adjusted each tick an inch instead of half an inch.

Also, got to shoot a remmington 700...Now I'm craving to pick up a .308 riffle. Eventually hope to hunt as well. 

The P226 mk25 shot great for me. Loved it. put 100 rounds through it. 
I have a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308 with a Leupold scope. Love it but don't take it out to the range that often.. Can't remember which  scope I have on it right now because I have a few Leupolds, but I wanna say it's my 4-14x40.. Seems like the perfect optic for the gun lol. 

Anybody have experience w/ the Taurus 709 slim? Can get 2 for a decent price from an FFL deal my inlaws know and I'm trying to get some reviews before I pull the trigger, no pun intended.

That much better than the G26? [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Wasn't a big fan to begin with i bought it cause it does the job ... I wasn't all that great with it And didn't fit my hand like I felt it should ... it's not a bad gun just wasn't for me my main ccw was a 229 legion but now that I can put in the vp9 15 round mag and throw a sleeve over the mag I might make the sk my primary

I have a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308 with a Leupold scope. Love it but don't take it out to the range that often.. Can't remember which  scope I have on it right now because I have a few Leupolds, but I wanna say it's my 4-14x40.. Seems like the perfect optic for the gun lol. 
Drool worthy. Thinking I might try out a savage arms one. lower end riffle, just to get my feet wet since I went big on the hand gun. Wouldn't be until closer to end of the year though. Don't blame you for not taking it out to the range often. Those rounds are $$$. 

Last edited:
Anybody have experience w/ the Taurus 709 slim? Can get 2 for a decent price from an FFL deal my inlaws know and I'm trying to get some reviews before I pull the trigger, no pun intended.

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus, let alone multiple.

Unless your getting it for less than $150 out the door, you'd be much better off buying a shield, or one of the little Ruger guns (lcp or lc9).

The only experience I had with the Taurus was my neighbor sending his back due to a recall. They had his gun for a few months before eventually sending him a new one. He's shot it a handful of times (probably less than 150 rounds) and I got to put a few mags through it. It shot ok. I believe his was the millennium, or whatever they call their mid tiered semi gun.

The issue with small guns is their operating window for proper function is much smaller with a full size, due to shorter dwell times, smaller parts, less room, etc.

Back
Top Bottom