NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Anybody have experience w/ the Taurus 709 slim? Can get 2 for a decent price from an FFL deal my inlaws know and I'm trying to get some reviews before I pull the trigger, no pun intended.
Friends don't let friends buy Taurus, let alone multiple.

Unless your getting it for less than $150 out the door, you'd be much better off buying a shield, or one of the little Ruger guns (lcp or lc9).

The only experience I had with the Taurus was my neighbor sending his back due to a recall. They had his gun for a few months before eventually sending him a new one. He's shot it a handful of times (probably less than 150 rounds) and I got to put a few mags through it. It shot ok. I believe his was the millennium, or whatever they call their mid tiered semi gun.

The issue with small guns is their operating window for proper function is much smaller with a full size, due to shorter dwell times, smaller parts, less room, etc.
Here's another vote for the Ruger LC9s (defintely get the striker version with the "s" at the end of the name, not the plain LC9). Great gun, love mine, and you'll see deals for it for $299 here and there. Can't find a much better value for a carry gun, IMO.

I've never owned a Taurus, and I think they're not quite as bad as they used to be based on what I've read, but I still don't feel they have a bulletproof reputation, and you might as well buy a Shield or LC9s for almost the same $$

Anybody have experience w/ the Taurus 709 slim? Can get 2 for a decent price from an FFL deal my inlaws know and I'm trying to get some reviews before I pull the trigger, no pun intended.

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus, let alone multiple.

Unless your getting it for less than $150 out the door, you'd be much better off buying a shield, or one of the little Ruger guns (lcp or lc9).

The only experience I had with the Taurus was my neighbor sending his back due to a recall. They had his gun for a few months before eventually sending him a new one. He's shot it a handful of times (probably less than 150 rounds) and I got to put a few mags through it. It shot ok. I believe his was the millennium, or whatever they call their mid tiered semi gun.

The issue with small guns is their operating window for proper function is much smaller with a full size, due to shorter dwell times, smaller parts, less room, etc.
Here's another vote for the Ruger LC9s (defintely get the striker version with the "s" at the end of the name, not the plain LC9). Great gun, love mine, and you'll see deals for it for $299 here and there. Can't find a much better value for a carry gun, IMO.

I've never owned a Taurus, and I think they're not quite as bad as they used to be based on what I've read, but I still don't feel they have a bulletproof reputation, and you might as well buy a Shield or LC9s for almost the same $$

I want the LC9s but can't find one for less than $360 and I'm trying to get two. After taxes, fees, checks, I'm looking at $900+ which is crazy. I only considered the Taurus because I can get two for $400 clean, but might just chalk it and settle for one Ruger for now. Thanks for the advice fellas

I want the LC9s but can't find one for less than $360 and I'm trying to get two. After taxes, fees, checks, I'm looking at $900+ which is crazy. I only considered the Taurus because I can get two for $400 clean, but might just chalk it and settle for one Ruger for now. Thanks for the advice fellas

Do you live somewhere where you cannot buy guns off the internet?

Sportsmans outdoor superstore has then in stock for $299 shipped, no tax. At that price, you should be able to get for less than $700.
Don't know if the shield is on your radar, it it should be. I bought one last week from brownells for 295 shipped. Transfer fee of 17 brought the grand total to $312. With the $75 rebate, I'll have spent 240 bucks for a solid, reliable pistol that I can fit in my pocket

Do you live somewhere where you cannot buy guns off the internet?

Sportsmans outdoor superstore has then in stock for $299 shipped, no tax. At that price, you should be able to get for less than $700.
Don't know if the shield is on your radar, it it should be. I bought one last week from brownells for 295 shipped. Transfer fee of 17 brought the grand total to $312. With the $75 rebate, I'll have spent 240 bucks for a solid, reliable pistol that I can fit in my pocket

That website is legit? I seen it a few weeks ago and thought it was a sham :lol:, never seen one that cheap. If it's legit and the transfer fee isn't much I'll def shoot the move. I read reviews on the bodyguard but the Ruger is better in comparison based on the reviews

You can get a Shield for around $250 now. They have a $75 mail in rebate promotion going on.

Not sure if posted, but Glock has updated firearms this summer.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.thet...g-soon-glock-2017-summer-special-pistols/amp/

The 19c looks good, but with this 12 lb. trigger pull :x my job forces on me makes me think it's not even worth upgrading.

I've been hearing that. Should be interesting. I would wait a year before getting one anyway.

The next pistol I buy will be the vp9sk. The full size version is the most accurate pistol I've ever owned; and I've heard the SK is just as accurate

hmmmmmm

Last edited:
That website is legit? I seen it a few weeks ago and thought it was a sham :lol:, never seen one that cheap. If it's legit and the transfer fee isn't much I'll def shoot the move. I read reviews on the bodyguard but the Ruger is better in comparison based on the reviews

I've ordered from them, they're legit as they come. They usually ship the same day or the next day too. Free shipping on guns too makes it that much better.

You're almost ALWAYS going to find guns 20%-40% cheaper online than in store. As far as transfer fee, you need to find a local gun store or FFL that will accept incoming transfers, and find out how much they charge. My LGS charges $15 for each transfer (or if you order multiple at the same time it's an additional 5 dollars) and $2 background check. Some other gun stores around here charge anywhere from 20-50 bucks. IF you can find a "kitchen table" FFL (meaning someone that is a licensed forearm dealer, but doesn't have a physical store) they often can be cheaper.

That one or sportsmanguide.com seems like they are priced close to the same. I posted about them a while back. I ordered a Ruger ar556 they had it for 470.00 shipped. I didn't need it so I did the 4 month free layaway option to lock in the price. And to my supprise they shipped the rifle once they charged me for the first payment so I called to check about the shipping email I got and they said that's how they do it. :smokin

That one or sportsmanguide.com seems like they are priced close to the same. I posted about them a while back. I ordered a Ruger ar556 they had it for 470.00 shipped. I didn't need it so I did the 4 month free layaway option to lock in the price. And to my supprise they shipped the rifle once they charged me for the first payment so I called to check about the shipping email I got and they said that's how they do it. :smokin

Wow, that's dope. I'm definitely going to get the Ruger now, might splurge and get the 2 Taurus dios as well, they're mad inexpensive and the reviews haven't been that bad. Don't think I'll be happy into I get me that Ruger and a 5.56 M4

That website is legit? I seen it a few weeks ago and thought it was a sham
laugh.gif
, never seen one that cheap. If it's legit and the transfer fee isn't much I'll def shoot the move. I read reviews on the bodyguard but the Ruger is better in comparison based on the reviews
I've ordered from them, they're legit as they come. They usually ship the same day or the next day too. Free shipping on guns too makes it that much better.

You're almost ALWAYS going to find guns 20%-40% cheaper online than in store. As far as transfer fee, you need to find a local gun store or FFL that will accept incoming transfers, and find out how much they charge. My LGS charges $15 for each transfer (or if you order multiple at the same time it's an additional 5 dollars) and $2 background check. Some other gun stores around here charge anywhere from 20-50 bucks. IF you can find a "kitchen table" FFL (meaning someone that is a licensed forearm dealer, but doesn't have a physical store) they often can be cheaper.
Yeah, I pretty much always buy online now- it's easier than you might think. 

If you're not familiar with the FFL dealers in your area, use Bud's Gun Shop's FFL search tool... enter your ZIP code and it will bring up a list of FFLs nearby. The best part is they list how much the transfer fee runs at each FFL- that's how I chose the local shop I always use- they only charge $15 to transfer compared to a lot of places that are $20-40, like Richie said. I always buy from somewhere that has free shipping, so it's just the listed price of the gun + $15, and after a quick background check (should be free/included in the transfer fee) at the gun shop, I'm out the door...

(SOS has their own FFL search tool, but it doesn't keep a record of how much the transfer fee is.)

Btw, for the best online prices, check out SlickGuns (https://gun.deals/)... it's a listing of all the online prices for a certain model. It works best if you have the UPC of the model you're looking at. For instance, here are the listings for:
I feel like we need a "sticky" post about online sales... I don't mind explaining (at all), but it seems like it comes up every few pages...

Last edited:
Shot a G19 for the first time and fell in love. probably my next purchase. I need to chill. haha.

Shot my friend's Walther Creed and it's super nice! and for the price you cant beat it!

Shot a G19 for the first time and fell in love. probably my next purchase. I need to chill. haha.

Shot my friend's Walther Creed and it's super nice! and for the price you cant beat it!
Do it! G19 was my first gun. Love it so much.

Taking a beginner's USPSA course this Saturday with my cousin. Should be a fun time. 

I'll be with the P226 mk25 and he's rolling with the Kimber Custom II TLE/RL

Had to go pick up a holster. Didn't have much options and just went with the Blackhawk! SERPA Holster. 
ohwell.gif

My sister-in-law brought her 709 slim by for me to check out and it's not bad. Showed her how to take it apart to clean it, basic stuff. She's hitting the range later this week to put some rounds through it so hopefully I can get a decent review (as decent as coming from someone who didn't even want the gun :lol:)

Any ny nyers know whats good with laws,

Like 45s

45, 9, 380, all the same

Special permit required through police commissioner. So if you're rich or connected.

Yeah, I pretty much always buy online now- it's easier than you might think. 

If you're not familiar with the FFL dealers in your area, use Bud's Gun Shop's FFL search tool... enter your ZIP code and it will bring up a list of FFLs nearby. The best part is they list how much the transfer fee runs at each FFL- that's how I chose the local shop I always use- they only charge $15 to transfer compared to a lot of places that are $20-40, like Richie said. I always buy from somewhere that has free shipping, so it's just the listed price of the gun + $15, and after a quick background check (should be free/included in the transfer fee) at the gun shop, I'm out the door...

(SOS has their own FFL search tool, but it doesn't keep a record of how much the transfer fee is.)

Btw, for the best online prices, check out SlickGuns (https://gun.deals/)... it's a listing of all the online prices for a certain model. It works best if you have the UPC of the model you're looking at. For instance, here are the listings for:

I feel like we need a "sticky" post about online sales... I don't mind explaining (at all), but it seems like it comes up every few pages...

Yeah I've used Bud's. Fast shipping and the local gun dealer I deal with for FFL is quick and easy.

Yeah I like mine

Midway had a sale last week and they had 33 round mags for $25, so I got another along with some critical duty.

Magpul is about to come out with a 27 that will be $22.

Last edited:
Anybody own a tavor ?

Not yet but soon, very very soon. Lol. I've wanted one for a long time have yet to pull the trigger. I want a bullpup. Really want to try the desert tech MDR if and when they finally release it. It sounds like it will be an amazing bullpup. Can switch from a lefty or a righty, can change barrels between 5.56, .308 and AK rounds

Anybody have any experience with private sales from Armslist?
yeah, what's up?

Is it trustworthy in your experience?

What is the proper etiquette?

I see some good prices on there, but I'm still a little iffy on the meet ups.

Back
Top Bottom