NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

If you want to get into shooting call your local range. A few years ago me and my buddy did that. They set us up with this dude who shot in competitions and he schooled us and brought a few of his guns with and we just shot with him for a few hours and showed us how to shoot better. Taught us safety too.

[COLOR=#red]:smokin Nice!! Before the whole rail craze this is what solidly built and reliable carbines resembled. To be honest I prefer them this way. Nothing like shooting with irons. I'm actually more accurate in medium range distances with irons.
Where I used to live in Northern VA there is a shop called Sharpshooters (Cotite's shop) that will let you shoot your NFA items at their range while waiting for the ATF process to go finish. Basically you could shoot your weapon as much as you want...you just couldn't take it home until the paperwork goes through. What an awesome idea.[/COLOR]

Thats a cool concept on shooting the NFA items while pending.

I am ditching those handguards and sights, for a DD 10.0 rail and Troy or MI flip up sights and run a Aimpoint T1 with larue mount. Plus a VLTOR stock and houge grip and probably a KAC hand stop and some type of light system up front. Not too sure on the light set up yet.

*** A MUST HAVE NEXT YEAR *** YHM Titanium Phantom supressor 8) or the AAC Mini4

Last edited:
that colt is beautirific. It's 11.5" right?

Don't know what kind of stock your looking for, but i have a black vltor emod i can let you have for cheap; planning on getting an LMT sopmod (or the B5 version, depends on how the finances are looking when it's time to buy.)

If i were you, i'd leave it stock for a while; just add an FSP mounted light and your ready to rock. I used to have a 3 o'clock VTAC with a G2 nitrolon that put out about 120 lumen. now i've got a g2x tac light, and eventually i'll put that on.

that colt is beautirific. It's 11.5" right?
Don't know what kind of stock your looking for, but i have a black vltor emod i can let you have for cheap; planning on getting an LMT sopmod (or the B5 version, depends on how the finances are looking when it's time to buy.)
If i were you, i'd leave it stock for a while; just add an FSP mounted light and your ready to rock. I used to have a 3 o'clock VTAC with a G2 nitrolon that put out about 120 lumen. now i've got a g2x tac light, and eventually i'll put that on.

Yes 11.5, Is the stock you have the club foot milspec?

Hey guys. I work for an airsoft company [we sell replica/training guns]. Some of these guns cost more than real guns, however, the state of California is trying to ban these guns. I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help, but I'm trying to get as many people as I can to help stop this bill.. Here's all the info. Mods- please let me know if this needs to be deleted. Thanks for your help NT.

We need everyone to reach out to Governor Jerry Brown and voice our opposition to SB1315 by phone, by e-mail, by letter, twitter, Facebook, fax and, if you live in Sacramento, a personal visit.

What is SB1315?

Right now laws regulating firearms are preempted by state and federal statues. This guarantees uniformity across each state and the country as a whole in order to protect law abiding gun owners from a myriad of potentially incomprehensible laws that could vary from county to county, even city to city.

SB1315 would grant Los Angeles County AND ANY CITY within the county its own ability to regulate the manufacture, sale, or possession of air powered devices and rifles that may look like a real firearm (ex: Red Ryder BB guns, Crossman pellet rifles, and airsoft devices used in simulations, training, and competition).

If allowed to become law, this would set a dangerous precedence of granting local municipalities the ability to draft their own laws and completely circumventing state and federal preemption. The protections gun owners currently have regarding manufacture, sale, or possession under state and federal laws could very well be nullified by future city and county ordinances!

How to Help

When you contact the Governor's office please remember the following:

1. Be Courteous – Let’s make allies, not enemies.
2. Be Respectful – Just because you disagree, don’t be rude.
3. Be Clear – Before contact, make a short list of talking points. Oppose SB1315.
4. Be Relatable – Use simple and understandable language.
5. Be Succinct – Keep it short and sweet!

Since this has already passed both the Assembly and the Senate, there is only one person we need to make our opposition to this known: Governor Jerry Brown. It is currently on his desk awaiting his decision, and we need to convince him to veto this travesty on the American legal system. This bill is a classic example of anti-gunners trying to whittle away at our rights, and we need to nip this in the bud.

Office of the Governor, Edmond G Brown Jr.
NRA Member Council Info Regarding SB1315

Last edited:
Yes 11.5, Is the stock you have the club foot milspec?

lulz @ having a commercial stock.

Yeah, it's mil spec; VLTOR doesn't make any commercial tube stocks AFAIK

That 11.5" seems to be a really good length; an extra inch of barrel (and velocity) vs. an mk18, enough barrel in front of the fsb to put pretty much any can on it.

Last edited:
Well guys, finally got my M&P compact back from Robar Guns for thier full NP3 nortons special package. It looks great. Thanks to all of you that voted on FB for me!

Those M&P's look sweet.

Quick question and sorry if its been answered, which is best for home security? 9mm or 40mm? I know it could go either way but anyone that has shot both can give a quick pros vs cons?

Last edited:
I really want to save up for an Elcan SpecterDR 1/4x but I'm thinking it may be a overkill especially because of the price. What do you guys think?

Those M&P's look sweet.

Quick question and sorry if its been answered, which is best for home security? 9mm or 40mm? I know it could go either way but anyone that has shot both can give a quick pros vs cons?

The 9mm is the easiest of the 2

easier recoil ...

.40 cal is just a necked down 10mm , kicks harder/snappier than the 9mm

I'd go with the 9mm personally ... There are plenty of man stopping ammo rounds in 9mm

Nothing beats a pump for home defense purpose tho

Just what I came in here for.....so 9mm is best for home defense handgun, so what's a good pump for home? Thanks in advance.

Just what I came in here for.....so 9mm is best for home defense handgun, so what's a good pump for home? Thanks in advance.

Any Gun is Good for home defense .. its just what caliber are you more comfortable shooting ..

you should really research and go to the range and shoot everything ..

Find what works best for you

Def. don't buy a gun just to buy .. cuz you're prolly gonna hate it when you shoot it

I like the 9mm because the bullets are cheap .. recoil is manageable for me so if I had to let off multiple rounds in quick succession I can do so and stay on target

I told My BM to get Sig Sauer Mosquito its .22 .. It's great for home defense

At the end of the day you have to undertand that YOU are responsible for every bullet that comes at that gun.

Esp if you live in spot with thin walls ect.

Any Pump will do imo ... you can get a mossberg 500 for 350 on average

The sound alone will scare someone who is breaking in your house ..

Any Gun is Good for home defense .. its just what caliber are you more comfortable shooting ..
Def. don't buy a gun just to buy .. cuz you're prolly gonna hate it when you shoot it
I like the 9mm because the bullets are cheap .. recoil is manageable for me so if I had to let off multiple rounds in quick succession I can do so and stay on target
At the end of the day you have to undertand that YOU are responsible for every bullet that comes at that gun.

If money were no option the ultimate home defense weapon would be a short-barreled AR with a suppressor, RDS, and light. Realistic with a budget in mind, its hard to beat a Remington or Mossberg shotgun. Remember that any firearm that will reliably stop a man will make short work of drywall not matter if it's 9mm, 12g, or 5.56. But some do react differently once hitting the drywall. Heavier, slow moving rounds punch through drywall without problem. Fast, light rounds tend to fragment and bleed energy off much sooner.

Also whatever HD weapon you decide to get, the ability to attach a white light to it is a absolute necessity. Always ID the target before engaging it, because once that round leaves the chamber it's gone forever.

Also here's why I do not recommend the use of anything below 9mm in a self defense situation.

Background:

A man (wearing white shirt) and woman are in a car at a gas station. A man (wearing a tan jacket and black shirt) comes up to the car and begins arguing with the driver and tries to get into the car.
The driver pulls his gun and fires, the person who came up to the car was hit 8 times... that same person with 8 gunshot wounds wrestled the gun away from driver of the car and fired back twice.

The man hit 8 times survived.
The fight was over the woman in the car, at the end of the video, she's the one sitting on the bench.

Gun was a PT .380

Got this a little more than a month ago. So expensive getting it through SSE though.
H&K P30LS V1 (that light trigger pull of 4.5lbs :wow:)

3x extra mags so 5x 10rd mags and 3x 15rd rebuild kits. That's the one thing I don't like about this gun. $50 a magazine :stoneface:

1k rds of S&B 9mm Nato ammo. Going to try them out soon.

and not pictured is an extra case of 1k S&B 5.56 real M193 and 3x 30rd pmag rebuild kits that I got recently.

If money were no option the ultimate home defense weapon would be a short-barreled AR with a suppressor, RDS, and light. Realistic with a budget in mind, its hard to beat a Remington or Mossberg shotgun. Remember that any firearm that will reliably stop a man will make short work of drywall not matter if it's 9mm, 12g, or 5.56. But some do react differently once hitting the drywall. Heavier, slow moving rounds punch through drywall without problem. Fast, light rounds tend to fragment and bleed energy off much sooner.

Also whatever HD weapon you decide to get, the ability to attach a white light to it is a absolute necessity. Always ID the target before engaging it, because once that round leaves the chamber it's gone forever.

Also here's why I do not recommend the use of anything below 9mm in a self defense situation.

Background:

A man (wearing white shirt) and woman are in a car at a gas station. A man (wearing a tan jacket and black shirt) comes up to the car and begins arguing with the driver and tries to get into the car.
The driver pulls his gun and fires, the person who came up to the car was hit 8 times... that same person with 8 gunshot wounds wrestled the gun away from driver of the car and fired back twice.

The man hit 8 times survived.
The fight was over the woman in the car, at the end of the video, she's the one sitting on the bench.

Gun was a PT .380

As much as I would love to own a SBR ..

It's never gonna happen in my state without a bunch of BS ..

But If I could AND money was NO OBJECT

Other than that gimme the Sig 556 pistol

Frank ,That P30 is sexy , but GAHDAMMIE @ the price of those mags :x:x .. the hell is up with that barrel tho?

If money was no object, I'd be going Class III all the way. :lol: Still trying to pull the trigger and start purchasing parts to build an AR, bills keep houndin me though :smh:

If money was no object, I'd be going Class III all the way. :lol: Still trying to pull the trigger and start purchasing parts to build an AR, bills keep houndin me though :smh:

As soon as I get a stable job when I get to San Antonio a M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone will be mine.

Those M&P's look sweet.

The 9mm is the easiest of the 2

easier recoil ...

.40 cal is just a necked down 10mm , kicks harder/snappier than the 9mm

I'd go with the 9mm personally ... There are plenty of man stopping ammo rounds in 9mm

Nothing beats a pump for home defense purpose tho

is it just me or does anyone else notice .40 cal is waaaay too snappy. .45's have less recoil to me. 9mm all day.

Frank ,That P30 is sexy , but GAHDAMMIE @ the price of those mags :x:x .. the hell is up with that barrel tho?

Thanks. The barrel is long because it was part of the process to be able to bring the gun into and buy it legally in California.

It had to have a minimum 6" barrel and an OAL of 10.5" or something like that. Also, the magazine had to be blocked so it would only chamber one round each time. It's a reversible process since I converted it back to it's normal state after I took it home.

Back
Top Bottom