NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Got a Shield Performance Center 9 last week. Shot 115 rounds out of it and now the barrel is all effed up. The inner diameter is all jagged and uneven. Waiting for Smith & Wesson to send me a shipping label so I can send it back for them to look at it...

check out naaga

http://www.naaga.co/

Theres a lot of Black firearm/shooting enthusiasts, and people in the industry. This past weekend, I went to a memorial match at my local range, and one of the shooters was Wayne Weber, VP at HK USA (he's black btw).

Also, regarding holsters, pretty much any kydex or leather holster will fit the bill. I'd stay away from sausage sacks (cloth, uncle mike type) holsters as they're cheap and suck (but they are generally comfortable and conceal ok)

Also, stay away from SERPA style holsters. Theres a reason a lot of places won't allow shooters with Serpas on the line.

That's definitely intentional lol, but exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

Doesn't look like they're very large and no chapters in my state at all. Might be better off just finding something local

Last edited:
Suggestions for home defense shotgun?
Remington 870 or Mossberg 500, can't go wrong with either one. If you wanna be different consider a DP12 or KSG. 
Yep, Remington 870 and Mossberg 500 are the two classic choices, like others said. Main outward difference is the location of the safety:

To me it just comes down to which safety position is more ergonomic/intuitive to you, and if one is on sale when you're wanting to buy it. They are both great choices. I personally prefer the Remington setup.

12 & 20 gauge are both very common, but 12 gauge is king when it comes to ammo availability and selection. For home defense you want buckshot, not birdshot, unless you are really concerned about wall penetration in an apartment etc. 20 gauge will definitely still be lethal but offers lower recoil.

Last edited:
If anyone was waiting to buy a S&W, now is definitely the time.

Just ordered a 9mm Shield for $323 from gragagun. Smith is also running a special where there's a $75 rebate for Shields (including the 45 version), $50 on Bodyguard 380's and $25 on SDVE's.

$245 (plus transfer) for a new 9mm Shield isn't bad at all.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/rebates

Anyone know if the kel tec ksg is still having problems? When they first came out I heard they were having problems.

As far as shotguns go; It's just better to go with something like Mossberg 500/590. Stuff like the KSG and UTS are cool, but there's a reason why no one uses them for real shooting. If you want it because you think it's cool, there's nothing wrong with that; being honest here guns are fun :D

A mossberg 500 with a 5 shot tube with an 18.5" barrel, and 26" ribbed and ported barrel will take care of almost all your shotgunning needs, from home defense, to hunting, to shooting games like trap, wobble, skeet.

I'm sure remington's are just as modible and easy to work on as the mossbergs. But I've read not good things about new 870's, meanwhile, the mossberg keeps mossbergin'

I bought my latest mossberg from Wal Mart (about $270 with tax and fees). It had the long barrel, so I ordered an 18.5" barrel for $90 shipped. I haven't shot the shorter barrel yet, because I've used it exclusively to bust clays.

This shotgun talk is reminding me I need to order another primary arms micro dot to mount to my claysgun.

*edit* like a poster above mentioned, that Mossberg Shockwave looks awesome. I remember that birdshead grip shotty Ahnold had in Eraser. That thing seems like the perfect bedroom gun.

Last edited:
I'm in the Bay it's a no go. But it looks far more easy to get one in other Cali areas than it used to be. Crazy and good to know. [emoji]128064[/emoji] Rep ya when I recharge.

Question for Mike and other Cali residents - if you get a permit in one of the counties that will issues, does that mean you can carry in LA or SF/Oakland? Or do the cities have laws against carrying?

Question for Mike and other Cali residents - if you get a permit in one of the counties that will issues, does that mean you can carry in LA or SF/Oakland? Or do the cities have laws against carrying?

You can only carry where you are permitted to. Im in the south but that doesnt mean since i have a license, that i can go to new york or LA and carry.

Yes you can but different cities have their own laws you have to be aware of as well. For example in SF you can't have hollow points.

No other states recognize CA CCW if I recall so most people will go to Nevada and get a CCW for Nevada since it carries reciprocity for majority of the states.

Hit up the range today. Put about 150 Winchester white box fmj rounds through my XD MOD 2 and a box of HSTs. Had absolutely no problems. Gonna make the HSTs my new carry ammo. I was using Critical Defense before my permit came in but after looking at ballistic videos on YouTube the federal HSTs seem like the best thing going. At least for my gun.

Back
Top Bottom