NYC style micro apartments hitting DC - 375 sq ft boxes

I spend about 2-3 days a month out in Brooklyn and I drive to get there.  Just a nonstop stress-fest between parking, traffic, and general city-driving douchebaggery.  That **** is for the birds.  Always happy to retreat back home.  
Hey but you got the new trendy pho spot served to you by some douchebag with an attitude that just moved in from the Midwest right down the block
roll.gif
or brunch spot with 15$ mimosas
how many people from the midwest do you actually run into?

Isn't this your standard case of just well... Being rich.

I recently got a new gig at an agency in Manhattan (after working in a wood shop in BK for the past two years) and let me tell you, perspectives on money are worlds apart. An intern at my job is currently laying 1500/month for her room in a 3bedroom apt in the East Village (she makes $260/week net). Two other girls pay 1300/month on Chelsea, deal right? Well that's because their parents bought the entire building and unit respectively.

I'm not gonna sit here and hate on the outrageous housing rates you see these days in NYC, or I guess DC now too. Can't really assume it's a bad investment, considering in each case I mentioned above, papi is loaded so I'm rather inclined to believe papi knows what is happening to that money and quite frankly, just doesn't give a $**^.

Same logic as buying shoes. Your basic components are rubber, glue and fabric. The only dude taking the L is the one waiting in line at Kith to buy $1k Yeezys he cannot actually afford. Those who can afford, well I'm not one to tell you how to invest your money.

I dont see anything wrong with people living where they want to live.

Why people hating so hard?

i dont think nobody is hatin, its just goofy and some people are social enough to express their disagreement on how others spend their money

like i said before, this type of stuff makes me happy tho, i hope people do continue to cram into shoebox apartments in a city just so they can say they live downtown

it leaves awesome places that are literally 4 miles away open for bargain prices

They must've modeled those micro apartments after Ninjahood's room.

all those apartments are waaaaay smaller than my place.

this is just another example of da market reflection of a crappy economy.

It is an example of low housing supply in the city. A resource is scare, demand far out paces supply, so prices increase.

I don't know in what economic world you living in, but since when does housing prices increasing due to demand exceeding supply, signal a crappy economy.

Even if that was the case, the would be more a reflection of a crappy NYC economy, not the national economy.

Please take some intro economics class at your local community college. I'm even willing to pay for them.

Last edited:
point is people are crowding in cities because less people can afford to buy a house anymore...

point is people are crowding in cities because less people can afford to buy a house anymore...

-What kind of economic sense does that make? So because people can't afford to buy a house in the burbs, they are paying thousands a month to live the city?

Land is more expensive in cities than in the suburbs.

-People like the opens mentioned in the OP are moving to the cities because they prefer city life. Living in city, with all its amenities give them more utility than living in the burbs.

They're are plenty of young people that can't afford buying a house right now. But there are not the ones dropping thousands a month on a micro-unit.

So because people can't afford to buy a house in the burbs, they are paying thousands a month to live the city?

u need alot more upfront to buy a house these days, plus maintenance, plus property taxes, plus car transportation.

Nope I'm good. I'll flourish out in a suburb in the Midwest and get 2k sqft. For 2200 a month.

Last edited:
So because people can't afford to buy a house in the burbs, they are paying thousands a month to live the city?

u need alot more upfront to buy a house these days, plus maintenance, plus property taxes, plus car transportation.

Dude think

Are there no apartments in the suburbs too? Is there not public transportation there also also?

-And you pay for the maintenance and property tax implicitly when you rent. You landlord just passes those things onto the renters. Well, that is if you're on the free market.

The city is where it's at, suburbs aren't desirable this isn't the 50s or 60s anymore.  People with money live in downtown lofts not McMansions in the suburbs

The city is where it's at, suburbs aren't desirable this isn't the 50s or 60s anymore.  People with money live in downtown lofts not McMansions in the suburbs

young people with no kids do da city thing, da more kids people have da more space they desire, and space in da city is a oxymoron.

let's not get it twisted, if da economy allowed it, people would still flock to houses in larger numbers, but car ownership costs and people having less kids are changing their housing tastes.

young people with no kids do da city thing, da more kids people have da more space they desire, and space in da city is a oxymoron.

let's not get it twisted, if da economy allowed it, people would still flock to houses in larger numbers, but car ownership costs and people having less kids are changing their housing tastes.

Last edited:
You might be able to do this, but I would never even consider it. :lol:

I'm not even considering buying a house until I have $140K just sitting in my savings.
why? Mortgage rates are so low, you'll make more putting that money into some investment accounts. Savings accounts are the same as having your cash in a safe in your closet. Gotta get your money to work for you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom