***Offical Kentucky vs. Florida State (Music City Bowl)***

why you noles getting so damn salty, who cares n the end, fsu > kentucky in football and will always be

Originally Posted by zoomlito

why you noles getting so damn salty, who cares n the end, fsu > kentucky in football and will always be

I don't think anyone is really getting mad.....

I want to thank FSU for ruining our bowl game. we're in a lose/lose situation. we win and it's "big deal, you beat a FSU team w/o 1/3 of itsplayers." we lose, we become the current laughing stock of college football (not that that's never happened though.)

but $$$% it, i ain't gonna complain about a back-to-back bowl wins. but i think that had this "cheating scandal" happened to some no-name coachand not Bowden, they would be getting killed for even accepting their bowl bid. didn't South Carolina and Clemson decline their bowl bids after their bigfight?

besides the academic debacle, i think FSU's football program is in a state similar to our basketball program's here lately. we have a couple seasonsthat many programs would kill for, yet, the fans are disgusted due to the high standards of the programs.

UK's Brooks, not FSU's Bowden, is bowl's star coach

This is the number of four- and five-star recruits Bobby Bowden has signed at Florida State over the past four years: 59, according to Rivals.com.

This is the number of four- and five-star recruits Rich Brooks has signed at the University of Kentucky over the past four years: five.

This is how many stars should be yanked from a Kentucky victory of any size over Florida State in the Music City Bowl because an academic scandal and other problems have reduced the Seminoles' roster by 36 players: none.

That's what I see when I look at these teams and programs as we approach the game that will be played in Nashville, Tenn., on Monday: Brooks has done more with considerably less. He absolutely has.

Brooks, not Bowden, is the one who has done the four- or five-star coaching job this season.
Brooks does more with less

Brooks has provided stability that has often been elusive for UK's football program. He has taken recruits who couldn't get their telephone calls returned by schools such as Florida State and coached them to back-to-back Music City Bowl appearances.
Brooks should not be overlooked because of the howling surrounding Saint Bobby at this game.

"All I've tried to do is be consistent in my approach," Brooks said. "That's what I've tried to get these players to do.

"Don't let the wins or losses have any impact on how you go about doing your work. Just work at it consistently every day. Eventually you'll see results."

In a Southeastern Conference in which the average annual salary has jumped to more than $2 million for the 12 head football coaches, Brooks has made himself a bargain at a little more than $1 million per season.

He knows how much (nearly $1.8 million) Steve Spurrier is being paid to stay at home during bowl season at South Carolina and about the $1.85 million Mississippi threw at Houston Nutt, a coach whom Brooks and UK beat when Nutt was coaching Arkansas it September.

Brooks has been called many things during his five seasons at UK. A bargain has rarely been on the list. It is now.

Brooks is 66. But he doesn't wish that he was 36, not even after he hears the chatter that Duke -- Duke!!! -- will pay David Cutcliffe more than $1.5 million to coach football next season.

"No, I really don't," Brooks said. "Every coach can always say that he came along at the wrong time. That's the way it works.

"I try to approach it like a lot of the old-time NFL guys and remember when we did it for the love of the game. I have a great job and great opportunity."
Even greater goals at UK
Brooks isn't simply talking about the opportunity to finish another 8-5 season by dispatching Florida State. He's already talking about taking Kentucky into back-to-back-to-back bowl games -- and then adding a fourth straight bowl in 2009.

Kentucky has done the three-in-a-row thing only one time -- during the 1949, '50 and '51 seasons. UK has never done the four-in-a-row thing. Never.

"Consistency in postseason play, that's one of the goals I'm working toward," Brooks said. "I don't want to go after a two-year cycle of success. I want a third bowl game and then a fourth and hopefully an SEC East championship.

"I'd be disappointed if we're not in a postseason game next year. I'm sure a lot of people are going to look at the people we're going to lose off this team and say, 'That's it. Kentucky's going back into the cellar.'

"I don't believe it. I just don't believe it."

Believe this: Rich Brooks, not Bobby Bowden, is the one who has done the four- or five-star coaching job this season.

Brooks > Bowden

happy.gif
j/p

to the respectable FSU fans on this board, its all love. can't wait for this game, i need some UK football in my life right now (
eek.gif
can't remember the last time i said that in late December.)

no reason in the world why we should lose this game.

Go Cats!

no reason in the world why we should lose this game.
1 reason

give him the ball 40+ times this game

no j/p. We'll have to play our best game this season to win this 1

give him the ball 40+ times this game
i ain't gonna lie, i had to check and see who that was. he's listed as a WR, but i saw that he's been getting some carries lately. y'all using him similar to the way Florida uses Harvin?

either way, McFadden and Felix Jones combined for 40+ totes and 300+ yards when we played.

they took an L.
happy.gif

yea he gets touches everywhere. he would've had a TD pass this year if greg carr could catch maybe that pass was an interference no call.

our D is better than Arkansas even with all the players out if they play up to their potential and talent level.

I just cant wait to see this game i've been going through some sorta FSU football withdrawal.

cant wait till monday. lol @ this becoming the official game post. I still will keep an eye on it....

Preston Parker at QB >> Drew and X

And yeah, y'all are definitely in a lose/lose situation.....

I can honestly say i don't know what the hell is gonna happen once we get to the bowl game....

As long as we don't quit like we did against UF, then I will be able to deal w/ a loss.....
Kentucky by 3 tds
Why am I not surprised.....

FSU done took one loss this weekend

Wildcats Rib Seminoles

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Kentucky football team got the week off to a good start by defeating Florida State in a pair of rib-eating contests during the official Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl Team Welcome Party held Thursday night at the Wildhorse Saloon.

The lip-smackin', rib-crackin' fun began with a four-man team competition. UK fielded a veteran lineup with senior wide receiver Steve Johnson, senior quarterback André Woodson, senior offensive guard Jason Leger, and junior offensive guard Josh Winchell. Paced by Leger, who scarfed an amazing 15 ribs during the two-minute pig out, the Wildcats prevailed, 41 ribs to 31 for FSU.

Then it came time for a new competition, a one-on-one, mano-a-mano rib eater. Last year's champ - dubbed the "Boss Hog" - was Wildcat center Jorge Gonzalez, when he led all eaters in the team competition with 12 ribs in the two-minute time limit. That performance made Gonzalez the natural choice to represent the Wildcats in this year's new one-on-one contest. Although he took down only seven ribs this time, it was enough to nip his FSU opponent, 7-6, making Gonzalez the "Boss Hog" for the second consecutive year and giving the Wildcats a sweep of the events.

There will be a more serious competition on Monday when the Wildcats take on the Seminoles in the Music City Bowl at 4 p.m. EST (3 p.m. CST in Nashville).

865i7av.jpg

72lbite.jpg

6kqdjwz.jpg

laugh.gif

any FSU fans wanna make a friendly wager? we lose, i'll rock an FSU avy of your choice for 2 weeks. we win, i'll make you a UKavy for you to use for 2 weeks.

i see you on that bet wildKY

ska i never knew you were wildcat fan. you got too many damn teams in your sig

Originally Posted by jville819

i see you on that bet wildKY

coo.

i was just reading from a UK reporters blog and he said that he's counted 9 FSU fans since he's been in Nashville, he was serious. we've got abasketball game at Rupp tomorrow at noon and it will probably mark the lowest attendance in Rupp Arena history
embarassed.gif

and Keenan Burton's probably not going to be able to play
frown.gif

ya i've been reading that Burton listed as probable. i'm more worried about Steve Johnson he seems to play his best in big games. i can't believe ijust called the music city bowl a big game for FSU

Originally Posted by jville819

ya i've been reading that Burton listed as probable. i'm more worried about Steve Johnson he seems to play his best in big games. i can't believe i just called the music city bowl a big game for FSU
i was just hoping that Keenan would get to play in his final game, seeing as how he's one of the main reasons for our programs turnaround. Stevie's been that dude this season. you're definately right, he's been making huge plays all year.

besides this Preston Parker cat, who else should i look out for?

besides this Preston Parker cat, who else should i look out for?

On kickoffs, Michael Ray Garvin he's the second fastest player in college behind the kid at LSU. He hasn't done much this year but if he can get ablock or 2 nobody's gonna catch him.

Also Greg Carr he's our 6'6 WR he can't do much but catch jump balls but if you guys have short corners he might go up and grab some. We gotplaymakers all over the field if they all played to their potential our whole roster is practically made up of former 5 and 4 star players

i meant to post this a while back, but look for new uni's tomorrow, we're changing our uniforms to something similar to Oregon's along with all thedifferent combos.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

we'll be wearing them definitely starting next year, but it's been rumored that we're going to break 'em out for the Bowl game. if anyonedeserves to wear them first, it's Dre and company.

jville819 wrote:
Yeah, I've been meaning to distinguish my 5 teams from the rest of the ones named. I just haven't had a chance to do it. I was thinkingabout maybe... naming those 5 above the others. I think that would help. And maybe... having my teams stand out more, with a different font than the rest of mysig, and with color gradients that match the team names. That would certainly help make it known where my loyalties lie.

If only I had the time to get those things done.

It sure would help.

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

jville819 wrote:
Yeah, I've been meaning to distinguish my 5 teams from the rest of the ones named. I just haven't had a chance to do it. I was thinking about maybe... naming those 5 above the others. I think that would help. And maybe... having my teams stand out more, with a different font than the rest of my sig, and with color gradients that match the team names. That would certainly help make it known where my loyalties lie.

It sure would help.

tongue.gif

I'll translate for you guys:

"JBlack, help a brother out"

Good start. Blocked kick leads to our first possession being on FSU's side of the field, and that leads to a TD.
pimp.gif
jville819 wrote:
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Yeah, I've been meaning to distinguish my 5 teams from the rest of the ones named. I just haven't had a chance to do it. I was thinking about maybe... naming those 5 above the others. I think that would help. And maybe... having my teams stand out more, with a different font than the rest of my sig, and with color gradients that match the team names. That would certainly help make it known where my loyalties lie.

It sure would help.

tongue.gif
SoHi 23 wrote:
I'll translate for you guys:

"JBlackout, help a brother out"

Terrible translating.
smh.gif

tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Let me help you help everyone else:

"I don't know how you could have missed that I'm a UK fan. I have a lot of teams named in my sig, but my 5 teams are clearly distinguished fromthe others. The font for my 5 teams is different than the rest of my sig. The font size for those 5 teams is much larger than the rest of my sig. My 5 teamshave color gradient matching each team's colors.

All of that was done on purpose so that there would be no confusion among the intelligent where my loyalties lie.

Oh, and thanks, jblack.
wink.gif
smokin.gif
"

wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom