OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I'll be happy if we improve our guards & find a backup big man.

Replacing Fisher/Rambis with Hornacek already gives us 3-5 more wins than last season. A solid backcourt could put us over 40.

Last edited:
fanboy in me is like "YO WE GONNA GET D ROSE AND KD BABBYYYYY"

but let's be real here...

we are going to end up with Bradley Beal and Juaqin Noah when the dust settles which still makes me Alonzo gif

I've been wanting Noah in our colors for the longest

A injured season and loss of playing time doesnt mean he's washed. Noah can still produce at a high level, CHI was just going in a different direction.

Are we gonna pretend Noah isn't washed?
Apparently so :rofl: its the NY way

we are in no position to walk out of the club with the hottest girl anymore... we are basically down to taking her fat friend to the van
Are we gonna pretend Noah isn't washed?
Apparently so :rofl: its the NY way

we are in no position to walk out of the club with the hottest girl anymore... we are basically down to taking her fat friend to the van
When I willingly take a fat chick to the van its time to stop going to the club. I was under the impression that Noah would be an expensive pick up.

Neither Arron Afflalo or Derrick Williams had filed paper work to decline their 2016-17 player options as of Monday afternoon, according to league sources. Both players decisions loom large for New York. If both Afflalo ($8 million) and Williams ($4.6 million) decline their options, the Knicks could have approximately $33 million in cap space this summer (assuming they renounce their remaining free agents). It would surprise many around the organization if Afflalo picked up his option for next season. Williams' decision is less clear. The deadline for both players to opt in/out is June 22nd.

Last edited:
Afflalo seems like the type of guy to opt in out of spite

I feel like DWill really loves NY & knows he might not be back if he opts out.

Just finished reading an Insider article about NBA draft trades. Saw Melo's name

If you are so curious about it, read here in the spoiler
The Love-Melo trade

Knicks send: Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland
Wolves send: Tyus Jones to Cleveland; Shabazz Muhammad, Gorgui Dieng, Nikola Pekovic and No. 5 pick to New York
Cavs send: Kevin Love to Minnesota

View in ESPN's trade machine

Why the Knicks do it: Melo loves the Knicks. But he's 31 years old. The Knicks are not going to be contenders anytime soon. If he's ever going to get a shot at being a major contributor to a championship team, it's now. I think the Cavs are one team for which he'd be willing to waive his no-trade clause.

The Knicks, in the meantime, would pick up significant pieces at multiple positions. Dieng is a 26-year-old center. Muhammad would add scoring punch off the bench and with the No. 5 pick, New York could bring back a talented young guard like Kris Dunn or Jamal Murray.

The Knicks would be younger and better in the long run.

Why the Cavs do it: Kevin Love hasn't been the fit the Cavs had hoped for, although his workmanlike performance in Sunday's Game 7 made the case for the Cavs bringing him back. But if Cleveland isn't sold on Love as a key part of its future, adding Melo to the mix, a player LeBron James has coveted for a while, would give the Cavs another strong scoring option that plays with more versatility than Love.

Melo is older than Love, but the Cavs' window with LeBron is another two to three years. Melo should keep contributing at a high level for that long.

Why the Wolves do it: The Timberwolves dumped Love two summers ago to get younger, and it paid off. Andrew Wiggins was the direct result of the trade, and Karl-Anthony Towns was the indirect result.

But now that Minnesota has its two young cornerstones in place, Love looks like a terrific fit in between Wiggins and Towns. He isn't a great defender, which may give the Wolves pause, but I think he'd flourish back in Minnesota.

Last edited:
Just finished reading an Insider article about NBA draft trades. Saw Melo's name

If you are so curious about it, read here in the spoiler
The Love-Melo trade

Knicks send: Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland
Wolves send: Tyus Jones to Cleveland; Shabazz Muhammad, Gorgui Dieng, Nikola Pekovic and No. 5 pick to New York
Cavs send: Kevin Love to Minnesota

View in ESPN's trade machine

Why the Knicks do it: Melo loves the Knicks. But he's 31 years old. The Knicks are not going to be contenders anytime soon. If he's ever going to get a shot at being a major contributor to a championship team, it's now. I think the Cavs are one team for which he'd be willing to waive his no-trade clause.

The Knicks, in the meantime, would pick up significant pieces at multiple positions. Dieng is a 26-year-old center. Muhammad would add scoring punch off the bench and with the No. 5 pick, New York could bring back a talented young guard like Kris Dunn or Jamal Murray.

The Knicks would be younger and better in the long run.

Why the Cavs do it: Kevin Love hasn't been the fit the Cavs had hoped for, although his workmanlike performance in Sunday's Game 7 made the case for the Cavs bringing him back. But if Cleveland isn't sold on Love as a key part of its future, adding Melo to the mix, a player LeBron James has coveted for a while, would give the Cavs another strong scoring option that plays with more versatility than Love.

Melo is older than Love, but the Cavs' window with LeBron is another two to three years. Melo should keep contributing at a high level for that long.

Why the Wolves do it: The Timberwolves dumped Love two summers ago to get younger, and it paid off. Andrew Wiggins was the direct result of the trade, and Karl-Anthony Towns was the indirect result.

But now that Minnesota has its two young cornerstones in place, Love looks like a terrific fit in between Wiggins and Towns. He isn't a great defender, which may give the Wolves pause, but I think he'd flourish back in Minnesota.

5 ain't high enough

That trade makes no sense. So we get 2 more centers(and pekovic is not healthy) and Shabazz who going to be a free agent next year. And the 5 pick in a week draft. Plus Kevin Love would never go back to Minnesota.

Back
Top Bottom