OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I like D.Will and some of the stuff he gave us last season but I like the flexibility in the cap to improve a little better.

Would be lovely if we could move Calderons expiring. :nerd:

NEW YORK POST: During the just-completed season, he acknowledged a desire to hook up with his buddies down the road — Carmelo Anthony, Wade and Chris Paul, whose Clippers don’t have the cap space this summer.

“I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together,” James told Bleacher Report. “I would actually take a pay cut to do that.”

View media item 2076147
$44 mill would be enough to pull it off

NEW YORK POST: During the just-completed season, he acknowledged a desire to hook up with his buddies down the road — Carmelo Anthony, Wade and Chris Paul, whose Clippers don’t have the cap space this summer.

“I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together,” James told Bleacher Report. “I would actually take a pay cut to do that.”

View media item 2076147
$44 mill would be enough to pull it off
Lol he ain't doing that stop it 5

roll.gif

Pie in the sky.

I hope I'm wrong, though.
nerd.gif

Kinda sad to hear DWill opted out and I defintely hope to see him back in the Knicks uniform next season but you've GOTTA be happy with this $30+ mil cap space. I've been thinking a lot about what I'd like to see the Knicks do this summer and I've come up with the scenario I think is the most realistic while still being hopeful:

Signing Batum and Brandon Jennings

Definetely still a bit of a pipe dream but I think by far this would be the best we could reasonably hope for. Adding Batum to our core with Melo, KP, and Lopez creates a balanced, competitive core that immediately puts us in the same category as Toronto and maaaaaaybe Miami, depending on Bosh's health. Its a good combination of offense and defense and would be a core capable of playing together at a high level for at least 3 more years barring any major injuries. I think that team would be one piece away from being able to beat Cleveland or just relying heavily on KP maximizing his potential very early on in order to compete for a championship.

I included Brandon Jennings despite not really knowing what the market for him would be with the cap increase and him coming off of a below average year. But I think putting him in Horny's system has a decent chance of success and we could see him put up solid numbers as a bit of a stopgap solution at PG. Worst case scenario Grant is able to keep the starting PG spot and he's our 6th man, providing much needed bench scoring. All things considered I think this FA haul would make the Knicks a lock for a top 4 seed in the East next year while still leaving a little wiggle room to maneuver over the next few years

Kinda sad to hear DWill opted out and I defintely hope to see him back in the Knicks uniform next season but you've GOTTA be happy with this $30+ mil cap space. I've been thinking a lot about what I'd like to see the Knicks do this summer and I've come up with the scenario I think is the most realistic while still being hopeful:

Signing Batum and Brandon Jennings

Definetely still a bit of a pipe dream but I think by far this would be the best we could reasonably hope for. Adding Batum to our core with Melo, KP, and Lopez creates a balanced, competitive core that immediately puts us in the same category as Toronto and maaaaaaybe Miami, depending on Bosh's health. Its a good combination of offense and defense and would be a core capable of playing together at a high level for at least 3 more years barring any major injuries. I think that team would be one piece away from being able to beat Cleveland or just relying heavily on KP maximizing his potential very early on in order to compete for a championship.

I included Brandon Jennings despite not really knowing what the market for him would be with the cap increase and him coming off of a below average year. But I think putting him in Horny's system has a decent chance of success and we could see him put up solid numbers as a bit of a stopgap solution at PG. Worst case scenario Grant is able to keep the starting PG spot and he's our 6th man, providing much needed bench scoring. All things considered I think this FA haul would make the Knicks a lock for a top 4 seed in the East next year while still leaving a little wiggle room to maneuver over the next few years
brandon-jennings-being-homo-o.gif

im happy about the cap space though... dwill is a good player but can be very inconsistent...i think we can use that money on someone else and now have some flexibility... now if we can get rid of caldo that would be :pimp:

If the Knicks somehow sign KD this summer, I'll invite a different person to 3 different games this season. You guys can chose the games.

Section 11

Last edited:
No need in taking the fat chick to the van until all the bad ******* have turned you down...time to be real ufront wit KD

Last edited:
The Knicks have $31,199,161 in cap space if they keep Thomas + Galloway holds on + Wroten & 6 guaranteed contracts w/ AA & DWill opting out

could have up to $35,794,641 if we stretch Calderon.

Back
Top Bottom