[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

went to the sd joint last night

Lu-went off, high energy , covered so much ground for not having that much to work with. he was hop skippin and jump all around the stage, verrrryy nice. introwas crazy

n.e.r.d.-everyone nose got the crowd soo hyped.
laugh.gif
at pharrell's lil dance. definatley got everygirl wanting to wife him after the concert. new stuff wascool, but at least they did the og stuff as well.

rihanna-...not so much. moving on..

Kanye- show was nuts, took a while to set up stage, but it was insane, song transitions were smooooth. his outfit was nuts, his shoes
eek.gif
in the lebron 2ishcolorway from my view.

AND he did "get em' high" which was prolly my favorite song from him back in the day haha. so ya it was the greatest.

SD show was bananas!!! I thought I trapped in a bad NT dream though. It seemed like a lot of people were there to show off or look cute rather than themusic... but I digress...

LUPE -- Son went off! I loved his set, high energy and all. Got the crowd jumpin'. I cant wait to see him at a smaller venue.

NERD -- Pharrell looked like he was on something but it was dope too lol. Older songs were sick and the new stuff was kinda ehhh, but Spazz Out had the seatedsections going nuts.

Rhianna -- I sat down/went to the bathroom/bought a water/looked at merch.

KANYE -- Took forever to set the stage up, but once it started and I saw everything it was well worth the hour or so long wait. He ripped it and it looked nutsfrom the stands with everyone on the floor and in the seats with their hands in the air. No encore, but... I guess that just not yeezy's cup of tea.

Brought in my camera, could have brought in just about anything else also lol. Just walked in. It was 4/20 so I expected some greenery being passed, but insection t22b, mannnnn it was like bobfest or an up in smoke show up there! All those going to later dates will not be disappointed.

I hope Kanye releases a "live" album for this tour because IMO the beats are almost better (if not better) than the originals.

Re: San Diego show.

Kanye was arguing with the camera guy or something off stage left.

Weird.

BTW Floor seats were a must have.

Fourth time I've seen Kanye and I must say the best, the best "show" I have ever seen. The audio part got a little annoying (very high pitched,made Kanye sound whiny(-er LOL))

N.E.R.D. met all my expectations and more, can't wait to see them have their own set.

AND...The Lupe hoodies were
grin.gif
$65 not 50 like someone said...Lupe rocked them onstage and they did NOT sell out in SD...they still had some after the show...
sick.gif

He can keep those hoodies.

And
roll.gif
@ Pharrell & Kanye's "dancing."

During the 1hr intermission before Kanye's set I hope there was a DJ playing.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

nope..they had some cd with like 6 tracks on it looping throughout all the intermissions...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jae oh en

nope..they had some cd with like 6 tracks on it looping throughout all the intermissions...
eyes.gif

Who Shot Ya, Shook Ones, Wouldn't Get Far and 3 others
laugh.gif

He ripped it and it looked nuts from the stands with everyone on the floor and in the seats with their hands in the air.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
We set it off down there...was front and center and the $*%@ was intense butworth every bit

serious. those hoodies were fugly. when 3 kids nearby me copped the lupe hoody as soon as they entered and came back wearin them, bleh. nothing was worth buyinthere.

haha gotta try pharrell's dance next time in the club. lol and kanye looked like he was gettin an exorcism the way he was movin across the stage. lol dopeperformance

def get floor seats. i was at an angle and the damn speakers in the air covered kanye COMPLETELY for like 1/2 the performance
indifferent.gif

April 29 @ Oklahoma City, Ford Center
pimp.gif

I'm not going to class or work that day. I spent $120 on my ticket, but I know Yeezy gonna come through

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
I swear I heard that damn Wouldnt Get Far song 15 times.
First time I heard it I sang along, by the third time it was
indifferent.gif
forme.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Black Moon - Who got da props was on there
pimp.gif

and that one Justin Timberlake song.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I hope Kanye releases a "live" album for this tour because IMO the beats are almost better (if not better) than the originals.

Yo! I was thinkin the same thing. Some of the beats sounded a lil different, like with extra intricacies in it. But it was for the better
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SD show was insane,
laugh.gif
at the responses about the music in between sets, so true.

eek.gif
at the amount of people there, females galore.

My dude Lu's set was dope, kinda short but he did work w/ what he was given, they coulda gave ya boy some screen time tho, I couldn't even see emclearly from where I wa sitting
smh.gif

N.E.R.D was cool, had the crowd rocking, they didn't do as many songs or what songs I wish they would've but all in all it was nice.

Rhianna got ignored as I looked around wondering where I could get some trees cus the aroma of it in the air had me heated me & my people didn't bringany in the show
smh.gif
, dumbest decision ever.

Kanye straight MURDERED, no hype man, no wardrobe change, just ripped it from start to finish. Dude is an extremely dope performer, I know he had to beexhausted after that set.

Overall the concert was very impressive, worth every dollar, plus just the experience of the whole thing was crazy, I'd love to get tix to the show at theStaples Center in June if I could.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
so true
thats probably the reason ive had shook ones in my head ALL DAY.

and ya kanye told 2 dif camera men he didnt like the angle, the one on the left, and the one on the right corner of the hill

I've never been to a concert in my life. I'm going to the 1 in MSG.

WHat should I expect? A lot of people smoking and all that?

Yoooo just got back from the SD show!

Quick recap before I post pics/vids.

ILoveAllAccess jipped the 4 Star VIP's HAAAAAAAAAAAARD. Anyone else get involved in that b/s????

I was about 8th row dead center on the floor. Craaaaaaazy view.

Was it me or dudes at this show mad impatient on the floor? Mad pushing left and right. No lie, once everyone settled in, you couldn't 2 inches in anydirection because people wouldn't give any space. Suffocation to the max. Had like 4-5 dudes around my area pass out and need to be helped out because ofdehydration.

Lupe came with that intensity. Son has his veins popping out from start to finish. Matthew Santos and Nikki Jean did their thing too.

N.E.R.D. - Wow. I was sleeping on these dudes but they came haaaaaaaard. Pharrell is real good at getting dudes hyped.

Rihanna - What I expected. Good performance but you could sense everyone wanted her set to end quickly so Kanye could run.

Last but not least KANYE- dude is just something else. ONE DUDE. the entire time kept the ENTIRE PLACE ROCKING for an hour and a half. Amazing. Dude will godown as one of the best performers of our time. I can't say enough about his set. His passion rubs off. (ahah and word about Kanye getting pissy during theshow. He kept looking to his right yelling at some dude to get off something)

EDIT: Oh and about the camera thing. Idk what the deal was, but when we were waiting for the doors open, at least the first 100-200 people got in without evenbeing looked at. It seemed like from my perspective everyone brought a camera.

ILoveAllAccess jipped the 4 Star VIP's HAAAAAAAAAAAARD. Anyone else get involved in that b/s????
What happened?

Glad you enjoyed the show tho.
pimp.gif

If you're NOT going to the show, but want a shirt:

ILoveAllAccess jipped the 4 Star VIP's HAAAAAAAAAAAARD. Anyone else get involved in that b/s???? http://kanyewest.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=12747_12933

There are a couple up there that weren't at the Seattle show, but hopefully I'll catch the tour again when it comes to Portland.
devil.gif

I've been saying 'Ye is easily one of the Best Live Performers PERIOD, I remember early in his career he gave credit to Talib and Nas w/ regards todoing shows. When you watch a PROPER Nas show you can see glimpses and pieces of where Kanye took/studied from.

I've been saying 'Ye is easily one of the Best Live Performers PERIOD, I remember early in his career he gave credit to Talib and Nas w/ regards to doing shows. When you watch a PROPER Nas show you can see glimpses and pieces of where Kanye took/studied from.

Yezzir...

And 'Ye has his Jay-Z's hand-mannerisms down to T.
laugh.gif

I noticed it a LOT more cuz I was watching my old vids from Jay's "I Declare War" show right before the concert and this was my first timeseeing Kanye live for a whole set, rather than just a couple verses/songs.
13-jay-z-bmm-music400a053006.jpg

Can't knock him though; to be the best, learn from the best.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom