OFFICIAL 2010-11 SACRAMENTO KINGS SEASON THREAD - Vol. Too Lazy To Make A New Topic Right Now!

Nah, I am a huge Warriors/Steph Curry fan, but I am by no means a Tyreke hater. I know we disagreed on the whole whether the Kings were better or not without Martin situation so I see how it was easy to get confused.

If anything, I'm a Brandon Jennings hater. He had no business being in the ROY discussion imo.

Jerry Reynolds on the Rise Guys says something along the lines of the Kings drafting a guy with the most talent -- not necessarily a guy that gets along with everyone. What does that mean? Cousins for sure if he falls to us?
smile.gif

John Grieg, the agent for Cousins, won’t send his client to workout for the Minnesota Timberwolves, sources say, because he believes the Wolves have decided to draft Syracuse small forward Wesley Johnson.

Cousins had an excellent workout with the Sacramento Kings, grading out as the best shooter to visit Sacramento in the predraft process. He hit 78 percent of his shots in the workout, including a lot of pick-and-pop attempts.

Favors graded out as the far better athlete, but the Kings, who have the No. 5 pick in the draft, believed Cousins was a more advanced player. He showed Sacramento officials more range than they thought he had, consistently hitting the 17-foot jumper. The Kings are considering several players, but Cousins could be difficult to pass over.

Sources say the Kings are also still open to trade possibilities, and Detroit and Utah are two teams eager to move up in the draft. The Pistons’ Tayshaun Prince(notes) could be intriguing to the Kings, who are eager to add a veteran small forward to the roster.

pimp.gif

I'm not really sure about this Wolves getting Wes Johnson tho. Could be smokescreen as no body thought the Kings would take Tyreke over Rubio. Oh, and no thanks to Prince as he deserves to help a contender, not a rebuilding team.

So the Kings traded Hawes and Nocioni for Dalembert.

There were rumors last season already about the Kings wanting Dalembert in a deal involving K9 (woof!). We should expect immediate improvements in defense and rebounding. Obvious weaknesses of the Kings last season. So that is great.

Financially, the Kings will have to pay Dalembert close to $15 mil this upcoming season. Hawes ($2.9) and Noc ($6.
glasses.gif
would have cost less actually. However, the Kings don't have to pay the $6.6 in 2011/12. That's good since I doubt the Kings would have been a factor in this summer's FA market, but could use the money to re-sign either Landry or Dalembert after 2011/12.

So now the Kings have a front court consisting of Landry/JT at PF and Dalembert/JT at C. If Brockman gets re-signed this summer he should play the back-up PF position and JT can be back-up to Dalembert. This doesn't even include the potential of the Kings drafting Cousins or Monroe or etc. big man. Not bad at all.

Next up to trade is Cisqo unfortunately...

I like this trade for Sac! We needed help on the boards, blocking shots, and a big who can run the floor and those are all Dalembert's strengths. He's in a contract year as well so his production should go up a bit. As for Hawes we weren't going to resign him as he is way too inconsistent (except against the Lakers when he goes into beast mode) and noc wasn't going to get any burn for us and he has a terrible contract. 
landry/jt/brockman/dalembert/ and potentially cousins or monroe isn't too bad. I would be open to trading with Detroit though for prince, that would give us some serious length. Imagine a lineup of:

tyreke

greene/casspi

tayshaun

thompson

dalembert

random question, Kings have some cap space for a good free agent this summer, anybody have a player in mind that we can seriously get? 

Originally Posted by Mister916

Why would we trade Garcia?
About $6 mil a year until 2012/13. I don't think it's worth it if he comes off the bench. There are cheaper guys like Casspi and Greene that have more potential imo. Garcia isn't a bad player, he's really solid at what he does, but I don't see much more potential. Even if he proves me wrong, there is still a log jam of SG/SF on the team. If we can get a decent PG in return, I would go for that.
Originally Posted by slickrick916

I like this trade for Sac! We needed help on the boards, blocking shots, and a big who can run the floor and those are all Dalembert's strengths. He's in a contract year as well so his production should go up a bit. As for Hawes we weren't going to resign him as he is way too inconsistent (except against the Lakers when he goes into beast mode) and noc wasn't going to get any burn for us and he has a terrible contract. 
landry/jt/brockman/dalembert/ and potentially cousins or monroe isn't too bad. I would be open to trading with Detroit though for prince, that would give us some serious length. Imagine a lineup of:

tyreke

greene/casspi

tayshaun

thompson

dalembert

random question, Kings have some cap space for a good free agent this summer, anybody have a player in mind that we can seriously get? 
Trading for Prince doesn't really help the Kings long term though. His contract is done in 2010/11 and we don't want to sign him long term considering his age. It only helps if the Kings really want to be a big player in 2011 off-season. I mean there is Melo and Paul that summer? But who really wants Cisqo's long contract or Beno's in a trade now? If we trade Beno, we won't have a true PG on the team. Haha. 

Kings have about $15 mil this off-season after the Dalembert trade I think. That means we probably can't sign a max max deal with a Bosh. It's pretty much Bosh or bust tho. David Lee?

The Kings have 8 players signed right now for next season. Much work to do before the draft and after.   

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Mister916

Why would we trade Garcia?
About $6 mil a year until 2012/13. I don't think it's worth it if he comes off the bench. There are cheaper guys like Casspi and Greene that have more potential imo. Garcia isn't a bad player, he's really solid at what he does, but I don't see much more potential. Even if he proves me wrong, there is still a log jam of SG/SF on the team. If we can get a decent PG in return, I would go for that. 
That's true. I think the only reason Garcia came off the bench was cause of his injury. I'm sure he'll start this upcoming season.  And until we see Greene and Casspi improve on their consistency and decision making it won't hurt to keep Garcia around a little longer.

^ if petrie or the kings organization even considers that, i would be speechless.....mo williams is definitely not worth the 5th pick

So it looks like Dalembert partially waived the 15% trade kicker. He gave up about $1.2 mil in the trade. He must have wanted out of Philly...

So now Kings have about $17 mil in cap space.

nicedude you bring up some good points, I forgot how old Prince is. But if we could make a realistic push for Paul though next summer that would be worth it in my opinion. Beno was solid for us parts of last season but who knows how he will be this year and after.
as for that trade, no thanks. The kings need a pass first guard who can mesh well with Tyreke,. I'm not sure he would be better than Beno (Beno seemed to play well with tyreke) and Williams makes close to 9 mill I believe with a few years left on his contract. I'd rather use that money towards a real all star. 

One more day!

Smokescreen everywhere!

Go Cousins!

Sidebar, I was sad when we took Tyreke over Rubio. I hope Petrie proves me wrong if he doesn't take Cousins.

It was confirmed on yahoo that we will be taking Cousins if available for what it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom