OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

The weekend is upon us. Baseball is back. The boys in blue get back in their blues this weekend.

It's been a long, TMZ winter. Kemper and Rihanna, the owner(s?), and the driver. We've been covered more by these outlets than for our work regarding the on field product. Let's see what we come up with this season.

Do we repeat? Do we even sniff October? Do we make it to the NLCS for the third time in as many years? Do we actually win more than one game in the series?

Will Manny, Russell, Loney and the rest of the lackluster 09 performers show up and earn their big checks in 2010?

What happens with ownership? Today, on Tiger Woods day, we have even more articles about the McC's.

Where to begin...
tired.gif

Regardless, lets go Dodgers.
smokin.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Latest Transactions[/td][/tr][tr][td]DATE[/td][td]TRANSACTION[/td][/tr][tr][td]February 7, 2010[/td][td]Agreed to terms with OF Brian Giles on a minor league contract.[/td][/tr][tr][td]February 3, 2010[/td][td]Agreed to terms with RHP Ramon Ortiz and INF Alfredo Amezaga on minor league contracts.[/td][/tr][tr][td]February 3, 2010[/td][td]Agreed to terms with OF Reed Johnson on a one-year contract and RHP Jeff Weaver on a minor league contract.[/td][/tr][tr][td]January 26, 2010[/td][td]Agreed to terms with INF Ronnie Belliard and C Brad Ausmus on one-year contracts.[/td][/tr][tr][td]January 21, 2010[/td][td]Re-signed RHP Vicente Padilla to a one-year contract.[/td][/tr][tr][td]January 20, 2010[/td][td]Agreed to terms with RHP Jonathan Broxton and OF Andre Ethier on two-year contracts.[/td][/tr][tr][td]January 19, 2010[/td][td]Agreed to terms with C Russell Martin, LHP George Sherrill, Hong-Chih Kuo and 1B James Loney on one-year contracts.[/td][/tr][tr][td]January 15, 2010[/td][td]Agreed to terms with OF Matt Kemp on a two-year contract and RHP Chad Billingsley on a one-year contract.[/td][/tr][tr][td]January 11, 2010[/td][td]Agreed to terms with OF Jason Repko on a one-year contract.[/td][/tr][tr][td]December 17, 2009[/td][td]Agreedto terms with INF Doug Mientkiewicz, INF Angel Berroa, RHP Luis Ayala,RHP Francisco Felix, RHP Justin Miller, RHP Juan Perez, 1B JohnLindsey, OF Prentice Redman and RHP Josh Towers on minor leaguecontracts.[/td][/tr][tr][td]December 8, 2009[/td][td]Named Vance Lovelace director of pro scouting, special adviser to the general manager.[/td][/tr][tr][td]November 10, 2009[/td][td]Declined the 2010 contract option on LHP Will Ohman.[/td][/tr][tr][td]November 6, 2009[/td][td]Announced OF Manny Ramirez exercised his 2010 contract option.[/td][/tr][tr][td]November 6, 2009[/td][td]Declined their 2010 contract option on RHP Jon Garland.[/td][/tr][tr][td]October 21, 2009[/td][td]Agreed to terms with general manager Ned Colletti on a contract extension.[/td][/tr][tr][td]October 17, 2009[/td][td]Decided not to exercise option on LHP Will Ohman.[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Boo!
laugh.gif

eek.gif
EARLY!
laugh.gif

its never too early
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
true true. I did an install (Cable guy) at this chicks apartment on Wednesday. She had a Giants bobblehead on her desk. Asked me if I needed her to move anything and I said "well if you value that terrible looking Giants bobblehead i'd move that for sure"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Boo!
laugh.gif

eek.gif
EARLY!
laugh.gif

its never too early
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
true true. I did an install (Cable guy) at this chicks apartment on Wednesday. She had a Giants bobblehead on her desk. Asked me if I needed her to move anything and I said "well if you value that terrible looking Giants bobblehead i'd move that for sure"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Giants-Dodger Rivalry> Red Sox-Yankees

Can someone please get John Ohh in here for his early prediction?

I'm excited, I can't lie.

I don't wanna hear Russ say he's gonna come out the gates and do this and that, don't say a gaddamn word, just perform. That's it.

CincoSeisDos, are you planning on going up to AT&T Park again this year?

I've been debating this since the schedules came out. The only weekend series I see would be trade deadline weekend.

I'm seriously considering it. Consider it my early birthday present I guess. I'm going back to school full time this summer hopefully so this would kinda be my last hurrah.

With the Boston trip being an absolute no go, I think another trip up to SF would be a nice consolation. This time if I get lost at Stonestown it will be intentional.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

CincoSeisDos, are you planning on going up to AT&T Park again this year?

I've been debating this since the schedules came out. The only weekend series I see would be trade deadline weekend.

I'm seriously considering it. Consider it my early birthday present I guess. I'm going back to school full time this summer hopefully so this would kinda be my last hurrah.

With the Boston trip being an absolute no go, I think another trip up to SF would be a nice consolation. This time if I get lost at Stonestown it will be intentional.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
Stonestown Mall.
laugh.gif

SF State girls are nice!
pimp.gif

I may have "Team Angels" in my sig, but Reed Johnson's my boy..   looking forward for a .280 7 HR 50 RBI year from him
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, couldn't even get on the first page with all these Giant fans trying to be part of our thread.....
laugh.gif

....and yes I did think about crashing their party when their thread started, but passed, didn't want to seem petty.

It's going to be a good year.
smokin.gif

Ironman, how hard/easy are yankee tix gonna be to get?

It's going to be tight.  They are going to try and sell as many as these through packages as possible.

They are only going to release a small number on the first day of ticket sales (March 6).  They are discussing not releasing any Yankee series single game tickets at all, until the last moment possible.

They haven't finalized ticket prices yet, but I have bad news for LFP peeps.  They hiked those tickets to $15
sick.gif
.  Also they are doing tier pricing this year,
sick.gif
.  So expect to pay more on weekends and "premium" games.

The ONE thing we had over Anaheim was no stupid "Premium/Tier" pricing.

This +#*%!@@ blows.

Yet another woeful reason for 2010.

Back
Top Bottom