Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

I really thought DoJo deserved more time last year, but I can't blame Rick for not trying to trust too much in a rook.

Going to re-watch the game now that I can sit and watch. My girl was with me earlier, so couldn't really concentrate on the game.

I do know that Delonte looked terrible the entire time I saw him, and VC wasn't quite in game-shape, the dude traveled about fifteen times too.

Also was very impressed of what I saw from Haywood. I really think that he can provide what Tyson did offensively, and the only part of his game he's inferior than Tyson at is his team defense. He's just as long as Tyson, and he's also just as good at rebounding/shot blocking.

What I loved about the Tyson/Haywood combo is that it gave us a ton of depth. Mahinmi won't cut it.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

You ain't a real Mavs fan unless Robert Pack was your favorite player at some point.

You old B.

This.
laugh.gif

Can't even remember this guy.
laugh.gif

Mavs to Sign Sean Williams

The Dallas Mavericks are in the process of finalizing the signing of former New Jersey Nets first-round draft pick Sean Williams to bolster their frontcourt rotation, according to sources with knowledge of the deal. 

After securing his release from Israeli club Maccabi Haifa over the weekend, Williams is scheduled to arrive in Dallas in time to complete his physical and join the team Wednesday after the Mavericks' preseason finale in Oklahoma City. 

Sources said that the Mavericks plan to sign the shot-blocker to a two-year deal with only a partial guarantee for the second season. 

The Mavericks are very familiar with the Mansfield High alumnus after his strong season in 2010-11 for the D-League's Texas Legends, who are co-owned by Mavericks president Donnie Nelson./p 

Nelson and Legends coach-turned-executive Nancy Lieberman have repeatedly expressed surprise that Williams did not earn at least one 10-day callup last season. In the midst of the five-month lockout in August, with no NBA season in sight at that point, Williams decided to sign with Maccabi Haifa for this season. 

But sources said that Williams' agent, Bernie Lee, has successfully negotiated a buyout with Maccabi Haifa's American owner, Jeffrey Rosen, to enable the 6-10, 235-pound center to join the Mavericks. 

Williams has been out of the NBA since 2010, when the Nets ran out of patience with the big man after a tumultuous two-plus seasons. But Mavs officials are confident that they can get the best out of Williams, given the year Williams spent playing for the Nelson-run Legends and with two former Nets veterans -- Jason Kidd and Vince Carter -- on the roster to mentor him. 

Dallas has been looking hard for extra bigs even since creating two roster spots through the trade last week with Denver in which the Nuggets absorbed the contracts of Rudy Fernandez andCorey Brewer

The Mavericks, sources said, initially pursued veteran big man Joel Przybilla for the role along with the Los Angeles Clippers and other teams. Przybilla, though, is taking his time to choose his next team after a variety of knee troubles. With no true center behind Brendan Haywood and the still-developing Ian Mahinmi, Dallas wanted to move faster. 

Williams was the 17th overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft by New Jersey, only to see his pro career quickly derailed by discipline issues. Lieberman, though, has nothing but raves to describe Williams' bounce-back season in 2010-11 with the Frisco-based Legends, when he averaged 14.4 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.9 blocks and earned a spot in the D-League All-Star Game. 

Williams also finished second in D-League Defensive Player of the Year voting behind Chris Johnson, who earned a late-season callup from the Portland Trail Blazers and found himself playing against the Mavericks in the playoffs.

Dojo looked good last night. I think its clear that Roddy will never be a PG. He just doesnt have the handles.

if any of you guys are interested----

NT League #2 (yahoo)

LEAGUE ID - 113092

Password - niketalk

10 teams

Draft Date - December 22nd, 2011 - 10:30pm EST

If you join be there for the draft, please do not sign up and drop out, serious players only.

Didn't this dude Sean Williams have a bad rep with drugs and whatnot?

He better not cause any drama man.

I wouldn't preferred a more proven vet, but he's a big, he's a shot-blocker, and hopefully he can do better than Mr. Mahinmi.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Didn't this dude Sean Williams have a bad rep with drugs and whatnot?

He better not cause any drama man.
yea 
roll.gif
homie is the one who flipped jordan farmar or lamarcus aldridge off during the rookie challenge game a few years back on national television. hes got quite alot of funny bizarre stories im sure nets fans could tell you.
if anyone can make him a factor on the offensive end its jason kidd...

better hope odom dont share his private stash with him 
laugh.gif

Jason Kidd can make Mikki Moore look like an All-Star.
pimp.gif

I gotta say though, Beaubois will never be a PG. Never. Not unless he suddenly gets knocked over the head and starts to be good, he will be a scoring two-guard at best. He's not a good play-maker for others, he's not a good passer. Dominique Jones on the other hand perhaps is just as proficient scoring the ball (even moreso getting to the line), and he has infinitely better handles/passing. Even Jerome Randle has better handles than Beaubois.

Sean Williams too!
eek.gif
Yes, he is an ABSOLUTE headcase, even got kicked off the team in college for weed and other things, but he is talented. I'm assuming he is still athletic as he was last I saw him in the NBA, and as you said, Kidd and any running team will make him flourish. I think the whole, "he's a headcase" thing is so overrated when you are talking about guys signed with the minimum to be player 13,14,15 on the roster. They will appreciate the opportunity and act right because they know how close they are to being told "passport" and ending up overseas again, and if not, well that's just what you do since there's no big financial commitment.

The Thunder fan in me is scared.

Sheesh I feel like Im watching the Nets with all these former players joining your guys roster.
laugh.gif

Good to see SWill back though... He's got great athleticism & will add a good mix of rebounds & blocked shots.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I been watching DoJo since he was starting out at USF, dude can really score if given the chance

That run he had in conference play for USF was unreal
eek.gif
man I was at MSG for alot of USF's games there, whether playing St. John's or in the Big East Tournament, and he was a killer.

Dojo living up to my definition of him as a killer early on here, attacking the basket and getting to the line

Amazing how much better our offense looks with Dirk and Kidd both out there.

And I'm thoroughly convinced that DoJo is a better playmaker than Beaubois.

Why can't DoJo just inherit Beaubois shooting ability.
frown.gif

Do we have any chance vs. Miami on opening day honestly
laugh.gif
Don't even know the rotation and no one knows their roles yet. 2 weeks of training camp and 2 preseason games
sick.gif

Maybe the fuel from the banner raising will help. I think it'll be interesting to see how we matchup with miami. Shane Battier will be guarding Dirk and I assume Lebron will be on LO. Wade on Kidd, Bosh on Haywood.

Gonna be fun to watch. Miami's addition of Battier was great, him and Haslem could be some serious stoppers

Back
Top Bottom