Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

Everything was going Andy's way until the fifth game. Second set is Nole's, courtesy of Murray tightening up. Nerves, pressure, call it what you want.

Third set will be interesting with the multiple momentum swings in this match.

No way around it... that was nerves.

Worse part was that it gave Djo confidence... dangerous. 

EDIT ~ Well, well, well... that was... unexpected. 
nerd.gif

Anyway...

2012+US+Open+Day+15+0zjaHHJ_0uDx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+15+KSzv069N5GVx.jpg

Last edited:
Very unexpected. Talk about testing Nole's heart as a champion even more. Let's see the resolve in the third set. Djoker must dig deeper if possible to take the third and build for the fourth set. One point at a time, one game at a time, one set at a time.

Man, wish I was there to witness this spectacular Men's Final, even without Rafa. I'm only about 45 minutes travel time from Flushing Meadows. Only issue was work and cheapest tickets I found were $60, seating was in Mars. Anything closer costs an arm and a leg.

Fergie's about to sign every star athlete outside of football, Usain Bolt and Andy Murray. :lol: Might as well add Sean Connery to the reserve squad.

CBS posting Djoker winning 10 of the last 13 points since changing sneakers as if the footwear was the primary reason for the swing in momentum.

It's beautiful when Nole hits those powerful ground strokes from the baseline. Ripping/strafing those forehand winners.

Like seeing Kim, Andy's longtime girlfriend, become more vocal in her support. Standing up, cheering, clapping, etc.

Right on cue. On point, SP. She's clearly and visibly more supportive publicly. More demonstrative with her body language and cheering.

This fourth set has been great. I'm thoroughly enjoying this Final. Give us five!

Fitting way to end the Slam season for 2012. Unreal tennis. Thirty shot rallies. Nole is stretching like the dude from Fantastic Four.

Are you not entertained?

Quality hasn't been there throughout the match, but the drama! 

2012+US+Open+Day+15+p9EKTd4hMm-x.jpg

Nole's serve has been erratic. It comes and goes.

Andy with the early break. A five-set loss in the U.S. Open after up two sets would be devastating. Just crushing. Something even Lendl couldn't help Muzz recover from.

I have faith in Nole breaking back eventually in this set. Now I'm getting greedy, want a fifth set tiebreaker.

Edit: Why didn't Djoker go his left (line) that last point to hold serve?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom