OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

What are your other options? I hate having to rely on vultures for things. If you have no other viable options it's a great pickup

For RB's on the wire, not much.

Julian Edelman is available though, and I have Amendola.

Trying to prioritize my wire claims.

I'm thinking Edelman is more priority at this point, as I'd have him starting, with it sounding like Amendola is out this week. Bell would go straight to my bench for now..

Last edited:

Alright guys. Yet another YAY or NAY:

I give: Montee Ball

I get: Tony Gonzalez

or

I give: Lacy and Cecil Shorts

I get: Julio Jones

or 

I give: Doug Martin

I get: Ray Rice and Larry Fitz

My team:

QB: Brady

RB: Dougie, Vereen, Lacy, Montee, Ballard, Pierce

WR: AJ, Dez, Cecil, Emmanuel Sanders

TE: Gronk, Owen Daniels

D/ST: 9ers

K: Dawson

Non PPR, redraft, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
All three.

I see the Edelman steam is picking up. I'm starting him next week.

lmao @ Dudfeld

I'm hoping I can pick up Brian Hartline. I'm praying no one in my league is smart enough this week. 

Would y'all trade McFadden for Roddy White? I know Roddy isn't 100% right now but it might benefit me in a few weeks. I have McFadden BTW.

Last edited:
You guys high on Giovanni Bernard? I'm thinking about starting Rashard Mendenhall this week, had 60 yards last week, looked involved in the offense.

My other RB is Shady McCoy. FLEX I'm going with DeSean Jackson.

Traditional point scoring, no PPR.

Thanks

Who plays on NFL.com?

The new layout of the GameCenter section is tight :pimp:

They have full computer-generated writeups for the Preview section, and Around the League news customized for your league, etc.

Next year they'll probably have your own personalized NFL Live crew that discusses your league in a round table :lol:

thoughts on starting Tom Brady with his lack of receivers starting?
really? who are you playing over him? pryor? palmer?

tumblr_mcvwn0iSs01rdh8xso1_500.png

thoughts on starting Tom Brady with his lack of receivers starting?

come on man.. who's your other option???
If I have him, I'm starting him.
REGARDLESS. lol

somebody's gon eat, regardless.

btw - they have the Jets this week..

Last edited:
Who plays on NFL.com?

The new layout of the GameCenter section is tight
pimp.gif

They have full computer-generated writeups for the Preview section, and Around the League news customized for your league, etc.

Next year they'll probably have your own personalized NFL Live crew that discusses your league in a round table
laugh.gif
I agree, their FF is the best to me. It's user friendly, updates quick when you're watching your players and they even have video of your guys come up if they make a big play.

I agree, their FF is the best to me. It's user friendly, updates quick when you're watching your players and they even have video of your guys come up if they make a big play.

I'm using NFL.com but wasn't around a computer at all this weekend.

I tracked my teams progress via their app.

I'm gonna have to check this out though. sounds dope.

Last edited:
come on man.. who's your other option???
If I have him, I'm starting him.
REGARDLESS. lol

somebody's gon eat, regardless.

btw - they have the Jets this week..
exactly.

by all accounts Brady was off target on a bunch of throws, he was not sharp. it happens. brady will rebound with a better effort

Last edited:
every tues one of the guys ( tom  kessenich ) writes a story on the past nfl week.  i get a kick reading it every week.  thought i would share it with you. hope you guys enjoy it. 

On the plus side, drafting Eddie Lacy looks like a genius move. Eddie runs HARD. I love that kid.

Welcome back, Jordy Nelson. You've been missed. Now just stay healthy.

I said for weeks leading up to the draft that as much as I liked Dez Bryant I felt he was being overvalued and equally talented WRs such as A.J. Green, Julio Jones and Demaryius Thomas were being overlooked and often becoming huge value picks. How did that trio do in Week 1?

Green: 9-162-2
Jones: 7-76-1
Thomas: 5-161-2

Props to all of you who grabbed one (or maybe two) of these guys. 

While I'm on the subject of me gloating I'll happily point out that several of my value picks this summer did me proud in Week 1. Sam Bradford, Darren Sproles and Miles Austin, in particular. I heart you all.

How did the Patriots and Colts fail to cover against the Bills and Raiders? On any given Sunday ...

Hold on, Anquan Boldin just caught another pass against the Packers.

I love me some Russell Wilson but I was shocked to see he threw for 320 yards against the Panthers. Watching the game I never had the feeling Wilson was putting up big numbers. It looked like a constant struggle for the Seattle offense against a revved-up Carolina defense.

Speaking of the Panthers, DeAngelo Williams' fumble inside the 10 with the game on the line was a huge blow but otherwise I thought he looked damn good. He even chipped in with three catches. There's another of my value plays coming through in the opener.

For all the Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, Calvin Johnson and Marshawn Lynch owners - things will get better. Trust me. They will. 

Is it too soon to wonder if Colby Fleener is ever going to live up to his draft spot? Guy has shown practically nothing of note so far in his career.

Hold on, Peyton Manning just threw another touchdown pass.

That Larry Fitzgerald sure looks good when he has an actual NFL quarterback to work with, doesn't he?

Anyone else stunned by how quickly Reggie Bush flew through the hole on his screen pass touchdown? That looked USC Reggie.

Sorry Steelers fans, looks like it's gonna be a LONG year in Pittsburgh.

I'm guessing that heel injury isn't a problem for Victor Cruz anymore.

Hang onto the ball, Jared Cook.

Tavon Austin's on pace for 0 touchdowns. He's also on pace for 96 receptions. I still think it's just a matter of time before the Rams figure out how to really use this kid properly.

I'm not sure there's a quarterback in the league who experiences so many highs and lows during a single game quite like Josh Freeman. He looked absolutely wretched at times against the Jets but then he led the Bucs on what should've been a game-winning drive. We're getting very near the point where it's just time to say that's who Freeman is and he isn't going to progress beyond that.

At what point do the Vikings and Jaguars just admit they don't have a quarterback?

Stevan Ridley ouch. David Wilson and Lamar Miller OUCH.

I went shopping today and saw James Jones' picture on the back of a milk carton.

To those of you who laid off the Top 12 quarterbacks and grabbed Eli Manning as your QB1 much later, congratulations, you look like a genius. For now. 

And lastly, Michael Vick did what Michael Vick does when healthy Monday night - he played like a QB1. Now whether he can stay healthy the entire season is the question and I think we all know the answer.

Back
Top Bottom