OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Should I pick up David Wilson? Someone in my league just dropped him. But I would be dropping leveon bell for him, my bench is Gronk, roddy, Daryl Richardson, royal, and bell.
Yes, he has long-term RB2 value.

I wouldn't drop Bell. He's returning by W4 in all likelihood.

Can you drop a backup QB or backup DEF?

I need help with my flex. I've ranked them from first to last. Should I be starting Royal over these other guys?

Eddy Royal @ TEN
Cecil Shorts @ SEA
Andre Roberts @ NO
Marlon Brown VS. HOU

Also, in another league Pick one to start as my WR2:

Julian Edelman VS TB
Steve Johnson @ NYJ
Yes, Sherman and WT3 will put the clamps on Shorts. Andre Roberts is only valuable in PPR formats. I'd consider Brown, but I'd still start Royal over him. Rivers can only look at Royal, Gates, or Brown.

Edelman over Stevie. Rookie QB. Cro on Stevie.

Is Broyles worth stashing? I got him in my 16 team league and hes on the bench.
Yes, he has deep value. What WR's and RB's are available on the wire?

Thinking about trading Julius thomas for a RB or QB...
Yes, move him while his stock is highest after two weeks. Target teams that need a TE.

For my Flex

Cecil Shorts vs Seat
Michael Floyd vs NO
Vincent Brown vs Ten
Kenbrell Thompkins vs TB

:x :x :x :x
Thompkins doesn't deserve to start until he starts running the right routes and not dropping the football.

Shorts will get the clamps treatment at Seattle.

Floyd could benefit from a shootout with New Orleans.

Brown has been losing looks to Royal.

I'd go Floyd, Shorts, Brown, Thompkins.

Shorts is the safest play, but I hate the matchup for him. Floyd comes with some risk.

Desean jackson vs KC or Lamar Miller vs Atl?
Hope you selected Miller.

Any help on my flex?

David Wilson @ Carolina
Giovanni Brenard vs. Green Bay
Miles Austin @ St. Louis
Gio, Miles, Wilson.

Wilson needs to regain owner trust. He's a stash for now.

Gio's time is now. He showed out against Pittsburgh.

Miles disappointed in W2. Finnegan and Jenkins are legit.

I hate you guys. No one helps me, and I help (or try to) as much as I can. I hope your feet fall asleep.

Yay or Nay:

I get: Matt Forte, Roddy White, and Mike Williams/Michael Bush/ BGE

I give: Dez and Lacy

My team: 

QB: Brady

RB: Doug, Vereen*, Lacy*, Bernard Pierce, Montee Ball

WR: Dez, AJ, Edelman, Emmanuel Sanders, Royal, Shorts

TE: Gronk*, Daniels

Non PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Anybody think Jordan Cameron should be benched this week with the Browns qb situation? Have Gates as my backup
Rational reasoning. Cameron is a must start for me every week because of Chud and Norv. Hoyer sucks, but the TE is a security blanket.

Gates is on the downside of his career and he holds the football too loosely (fumble risk YAC).

Can I get some advice? I was starting to think I had some traction in my league, but now that T-Rich got traded and Bush might be put back in to action I'm at a loss.

starters:

M Vick
D Martin
J Bell
R Cobb
P Garcon
O Daniels
B Powell
J Brown

bench:

T Brady
A Bradshaw
M Ingram
C Patterson
Jacoby Jones
J Kerley
B Celek
I would trade Vick to upgrade your Flex.

12 team ppr
pick 2 : mccoy, charles or sproles. 
i have mccoy and charles starting right now, am i making the right call. i know one of them is bound to go off

this is actually keeping me from deciding on a winner in my office weekly pick em right now, cant decide who to pick
Hope you started Shady and Charles. Start your studs, even though Sproles is tempting in PPR. Sproles should be in your Flex, right?

Standard 12-team league. Guy offered me Danny Amendola for my Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell. I do have depth at both WR & RB, but I'm not sold on Amendola's health. Should I consider it at least?

My WR:

V-Jax
Brown
Josh Gordon
Stevie Johnson
Eddie Royal
Michael Floyd

RB;

T-Rich
Alfred Morris
Joique Bell
Le'Veon Bell
Willis McGahee
No, we're uncertain about Amendola's status and potential need for surgery. Bill is hush-hush. Bell becomes the difference when Amendola is slightly more valuable than A. Brown. He's returning by W4 in all likelihood. Full practice participant on Thursday.

Just traded Eddie Royal, Julius Thomas, Fred Jackson, and Tavon Austin for Wes Welker and Chris Johnson

Good deal?
I love it, especially if it's PPR for Welker. Royal and Thomas are waiver wire pickups. You're selling them at their highest point. Freddy is a fringe Flex play.

WR2 and RB2 for those four players is smart, solid.

Eddie royal and leveon bell for Wes Welker (has decker and Thomas)?

Royal and bell for Cobb (has Finley)?

Royal and bell for Hilton and Gio ( has fleener and luck, also has rivers)

Which one wins? PPR
I like Trade #3 the most. Gio is a legit RB2 rest of the way. Hilton a strong WR3/Flex play. Royal will fade. Bell's returning soon. Trade #2 second best. Trade #1 worst.

I just traded Tony Romo for Darren McFadden ..

My other QBs are Vick and Rivers

Now my RBs are TRich, Chris Johnson, DMC, Matthews, and Snelling

WR: Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, TY Hilton, Marlon Brown, and Thompkins

TE: V.Davis and Finley

DL: Jared Allen
LB: Aldon Smith
DB: Tim Jennings

Def/ST: best matchup .. this week Vikings

K: Bailey

Do I need to make any more moves? I'm thinking of trying to move Matthews for a legit D like Seattle but not sure if I can pull it off.

I'm 1-1.
Well done. You could consider moving Vick or Rivers while their stock is highest now. Finley and Ry in a package.

i give doug martin and marlon brown I get CJ2K, Knowshon, and Deandre hopkins. did i screw myself?

my other RBs are fred jackson chris ivory and stevan ridley

1 ppr
Nuk is better than Brown. Dougie for CJ2K and Moreno looks good because you need the RB depth. CJ2K slots as your RB1, Moreno your RB2 until Ridley shows otherwise.

Trade offer...

I get

Gio

He get

L.miller
Close, but I like Gio's upside. We don't know which Miller we'll get, the W1 version or W2.

garcon vs det
jordy @ cin
bowe @phi
gordon @ min

choose 3 in .75PPR league
Well, hope you went Garcon, Jordy, Gordon.

If you selected Bowe, Jordy and Garcon. Jordy a TD machine. Gordon's first game back from suspension. Hoyer starting at Q will hurt his W3 value.

I hate you guys. No one helps me, and I help (or try to) as much as I can. I hope your feet fall asleep.

Yay or Nay:

My team: 

i wouldn't

roddy is on a steady decline ( :smh: )
dez is more valuable to your team than forte, IMO. you can plug in bernard pierce this week into your RB2 until lacy comes back from his concussion.

Yay or Nay:

My team: 

I'd take that deal ...Dez is really good but Roddy is no slouch and once he gets fully healed he should be good too and Forte > Lacy

Standard leauge:

QB: RGII--A. Luck
RB: M. Lynch--Alfred Morris
WR: D.Bowe--P.Garcon--G.Jennings--Stevie Johnson--Jordy Nelson--Mike Wallace
TE: Greg Olsen

Thinking of a squad for this week, who would you guys throw at WR? Right now my lineup is as follows:

RG3--M.Lynch AND A. Morris--Nelson/Johnson/Olsen plus Bronco's D and Gostkowski kicking

Would you toss Garcon and add Wallace or Johnson or leave it?
Assuming you didn't start Bowe, and your lineup consists of 2 WR and a Flex.

RG3, Beast Mode, Morris.

I rank it Jordy, Garcon, Wallace, Stevie, Jennings.

The last two because of a rookie Q and Ponder.

Jordy's a TD machine. Garcon is RG's favorite and maybe only weapon. Could be a shootout against Detroit. Wallace is a burner. Philbin and Tanny honored his request for the ball.

I trade:

Trent Richardson
Kenbrell Thompkins

I get:

Arian Foster
Ben Tate

Thoughts? This guy has a real hard on for Thompkins, 2nd time he's offered me a deal.

My backups:

RB:

Reggie Bush
Bilal Powell

WR:

Eric Decker
Torrey Smith
Victor Cruz
Kenny Britt
Close, you should add Powell and force him to add a receiver since he wants Thompkins so badly. Foster and Tate are splitting carries. Foster's health always a nagging concern.

Yay or Nay:

I give: Dez Bryant and Eddy Lacy
I get: Matt Forte, Roddy White, and Mike Williams/Michael Bush/BGE

My team:

WR: Dez, AJ, Edelman, Royal, Emmanuel Sanders, Cecil
TE: Gronk*, Owen Daniels 

I'm 0-2 and it's looking like I'll be 0-3 this week. 
Deal.

You need to compensate for the Lacy and Vereen injuries. Forte is a stud RB2 especially in PPR formats with Trestman.

I find Dezzy to be overvalued based on preseason ADP. He still has bonehead mistakes and drops. Roddy is an elite WR2 behind AJ. He will get through the high ankle sprain eventually. The Roddy owner is impatient or panicking.

I'd ask for Mike Williams over Law Firm or Bush, even though he's the Forte handcuff.

Alex Smith or Cam Newton. I need to know asap please... leaning towards alex because he's got the hot hand.
I would have said Cam. Smith's a game manager at best. He checks down far too often for a fantasy owner's liking.

i wouldn't

roddy is on a steady decline (
mean.gif
)
dez is more valuable to your team than forte, IMO. you can plug in bernard pierce this week into your RB2 until lacy comes back from his concussion.
Idk about decline simply cause he's been doing it year in and year out. 

But I would say that his injuries might be catching up to him. I just think that when he comes back, he might actually be the Roddy of old. Or am I nuts?

My QB situation in one league, I have Tannehill and Flacco.
sick.gif

Just sent out an offer of Flacco + M. Austin for Bradford + O. Daniels.

i wouldn't

But I would say that his injuries might be catching up to him. I just think that when he comes back, he might actually be the Roddy of old. Or am I nuts?

Make that trade while you can .. Dez is better than Roddy IMO but you still have AJ to hold you down until Roddy gets healthy.

Forte >>>>>>>> Lacy

I would take Law Firm or Bush over Williams because you're stacked @ WR

who should i start!  Eddie Royal or James Jones!!??
Jones by a slight margin. Royal can't sustain the TD pace. Jones is bound to get shine with attention on Cobb and Jordy.

Just traded away:

Trent Richadson
Bernard Pierce
Greg Olsen

For:

Jimmy Graham
Steven Ridley

Win, yes?

PPR
Huge win. Job well done. Jimmy is the best TE in the game, fantasy or real life. Worth the loss of Trent and Ray's handcuff. Ridley is still a worthy buy low RB2. At worst he ends the season as a RB3/Flex.

RBs:

Spiller @ NYJ
Miller vs. ATL
Starks @ Cin
MJD @ Sea
Jackson @ NYJ

WRs:

Cruz @ Car
Edelman vs. TB
Nicks @ Car
Brown vs. Chi
Gordon @ Min

I need to pick 2RBs/2WRS/1 Flex.

I'm leaning towards:

RB: Spiller, Miller
WRs: Cruz, Edelman
Flex: Starks

What do you guys think?

I'm having most trouble picking a 2nd WR. I want to go Nicks but can't decide. Non PPR btw.

Thanks.
Spiller, Miller. CJ is a stud. Miller should benefit from Spoon and Biermann out in the ATL run D.

Cruz is a must start at WR1. WR2 does get tricky because you want to avoid two receivers from the same team. I would start Edelman at WR2 to err on the side of caution. He has high projections from ESPN, even in standard formats. He's Brady's only reliable target even though Tampa's secondary is good. Gordon's value dropped by Hoyer. Brown's value dropped by non-PPR.

Starks in the Flex. Showed well in W2.

I was so wrong with Bowe... Drafted him in two leagues :smh

So:

Flex
DeAngelo vs NYG
LawFirm vs GB
Hopkins @ Bal

Jordan Cameron or Owen Daniel for TE?
DeAngelo, Nuk, Law Firm. Gio spells the end of Law Firm's production.

Nuk over DeAngelo only if Dre can't play with the concussion.

Cameron is a must start. He's the second highest projected TE on ESPN. Chud and Norv love the TE. Hoyer's security blanket.

Can't go wrong with either. Daniels only starts if you fear a backup QB for Cleveland.

i wouldn't

true. high ankle sprains are no joke, but i guess so are concussions.

i guess the bet really is are you counting on lacy coming back and producing at a higher level sooner than roddy? because i see dez for forte a wash.

Last edited:
GOOD TRADE/ BAD TRADE

Trading: Reggie Wayne/ Stevie Johnson
Getting back: McFadden

10 man- auction league, and have somewhat a surplus on WRs (Start: 3 WR/2RB/1flex)
Other WRs:
B. Marshall, Jordy, Desean

Other RBs:
MJD, Ridley, Reggie Bush

I missed tonight's game...but I'm looking at the KC defense and they scored 20+pts for the second time this year lol are they that nice or were they just kinda mishaps by the Eagles???
Costly turnovers by Philly, particularly Vick. Berry's pick six for a TD. Houston, Flowers both performed well.

Any input would be appreciated:

RB:
DeMarco Murray or Giovanni Bernard?

Need to pick 2 out of these 3 for 2 WR slots:
- Brandon Marshall
- Victor Cruz
- Randall Cobb

TE:
- Greg Olsen or Jordan Cameron?
Gio. Jay Gruden publicly declared more carries for him.

Cruz a must start. Marshall draws Ike, Cobb draws Hall.

I recommend Cruz and Cobb, but I hate to sit a stud like Marshall. Could be ugly game at Heinz.

Cameron easily over Olsen. Must start ever week at TE.

Who should I start, Owen Daniels or Jared Cook at TE? I'm leaning towards Daniels.
Daniels. More reliable and Schaub proven to look his way regardless of the situation. Cook is a little TD or bust. Bradford and Cook less proven than Schaub and Daniels. Veteran track record.

i give up bowe for bouldin or gio in a PPR league. good deal?
Both, but offer for Gio first. Especially if you need a RB2.

Need help on this ASAP...pick two. Standard league not PPR.

David Wilson @ Carolina
Tavon Austin @ Dallas
James Jones @ Cincy
DeAndre Hopkins @ Baltimore
Jones, Nuk, Tavon, Wilson.

Wilson sits until he's completely out of Coughlin's doghouse.

Jones should show out with Hall's attention on Cobb or Jordy.

Nuk gets upgraded even higher if Dre can't play.

Tavon's two TD's looked great W2, but I still think Givens finishes with the better season.

I'm pretty deep at RB. Dougie, Bush, Lamar Miller, Daryl Richardson, Joique Bell. I'm looking to trade one for a wideout. Who should I be targeting?

League starts 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 FLEX PPR
Buy Roddy low. Or Bowe even lower. Like Richardson for Bowe. Miller for Roddy.

Whats ur guys thoughts on matHEWS right now? Someone offered him my was for davie wilson in ppr.
Ry's a bust, Fraij. That's my guy, but it's true.

man all this talk about being high on roddy made me look at who has roddy in my league
you guys are tlaking him up now i kinda want him as a buy low candidate :lol:

pick my TE and flex:

pettigrew vs washington
fleener vs. sf
thompkins vs. TB
rueben randle vs car

Last edited:
GOOD TRADE/ BAD TRADE

10 man- auction league, and have somewhat a surplus on WRs (Start: 3 WR/2RB/1flex)
Other WRs:

Other RBs:
MJD, Ridley, Reggie Bush
giving up too much to get fragile mcfadden. id have hime choose one or the other. id offer him stevie straight up first though

PPR

Marlon Brown vs Hou

Micheal Floyd @ NO

Aaron Dobson vs TB

in place of Roddy

A guy offered me Julio and David Wilson for Shady and Roddy, but I countered with Reggie and Roddy instead and he rejected it. :smh:

Last edited:
Need 1 for Flex - PPR

Moreno, Bush (If he plays) or Edelman
Moreno, Edelman, Bush.

Reggie's knee worries me. You can't go wrong starting Edelman, but Tampa's secondary is nice. Revis, Barron, Goldson.

Moreno will likely produce big in a favorable matchup. Denver gets a big lead, you figure they pound the rock Fox-style with Moreno.

Pick 3 WRs (PPR):

Reggie Wayne @ SF
Andre Johnson @ BAL
Tavon Austin @ DAL
Torrey Smith vs. HOU
Your decision is made easier if Dre can't go because of the concussion.

If Dre plays, Wayne, Dre, Torrey.

Tavon has to show me the W2 performance wasn't a product of St. Louis' desperation chasing the game down multiple scores.

Romo vs the Rams or
Ryan vs the Dolphins
Who has the bigger week?

Also Larry Fitz versus Saints or Hakeem Nicks versus the Panthers.  Help is appreciated!
Both defenses are good. I'm going Matty Ice by a slight margin, even without S-Jax. Julio, hampered Roddy, Gonzo, Douglas, Quizz, Snelling.

Romo has a tendency to turn the football over. Finnegan and Jenkins may clamp down on Dezzy and Miles.

Fitz's hammy worries me, but that game could be a shootout. He's going to play according to Arians. Fitz over Nicks.

What rb could I go after if I offer up cj2k and eddie royal?

Grabbed Royal off waivers and am hoping someone is willing to bite with all the hype he's been getting
I would target Dougie, Spiller, Morris in that order.

Pick 2, PPR

Powell, Fleener, E. Sanders, Marlon Brown, N. Washington
Fleener because Allen is out, and Luck loves the Stanford TE.

Brown slightly over Sanders. Brown is developing rapport with Flacco. Q's gone, Pitta's hurt. All the attention on Torrey.

Sanders would usually start in PPR for me, but Peanut and Jennings are good corners. Ben has no offensive line, Heath may play taking targets away, Bell won't play meaning no respect for the run game, and Ben's not clicking with Haley.

Need a flex for weeks 3. Pick 1, standard scoring:

Andre Roberts @ N.O.
Jordan Cameron @ Min

Thnks. :nthat:
Cameron a must start every week. Stud TE.

Would it be crazy to sit Luck this week against SF defense and have Carson Palmer start against New Orleans defense?
Standard league.
thanks.
-J-
Very logical choice. Just keep an eye on Fitz's hammy.

Do I play TRich or Starks this week?

Antonio Brown or Lamar Miller @ Flex

WR2 Fitz or Stevie Johnson?
I would start Trent even though it's his first week in Indy. Pagano said all systems go for Trent. Bradshaw may cut into some reps.

I'd sit Brown because of Peanut and Jennings. Miller or Starks in the Flex. Starks has high projections for W3, but you never know with McCarthy and GB. I'd give Miller the Flex start with Spoon and Biermann out.

Fitz is likely to play through the hammy. He gets the start. Stevie drawing Cro, very good cover corner.

man all this talk about being high on roddy made me look at who has roddy in my league
you guys are tlaking him up now i kinda want him as a buy low candidate
laugh.gif

pick my TE and flex:

pettigrew vs washington
fleener vs. sf
thompkins vs. TB
rueben randle vs car
fleener and randle.

i still have thompkins on my team but not close to starting him, especially against the bucs. i mean brady is bound to go off for a big game and one of these receivers has to catch something. starting thompkins is high risk high reward, but depending on your overall team and record you might choose to play it safe w/ randle

what do you guys think?

10 man- auction league, and have somewhat a surplus on WRs

Other WRs:

Other RBs:
MJD, Ridley, Reggie Bush

Start: 3 WR/2RB/1flex
Aim higher than DMC. He's an injury concern. I agree with moving one or two of your WR's for a stud RB.

Wayne and Stevie for Dougie or Spiller or Foster. Might have to include D-Jax instead of Stevie.

Is Reggie Bush 100%? Should I start him or Lamar Miller?
Miller. Bush's knee worries me, if he even plays.

High ankle sprains are a nuisance to deal with. He'll be fine once fully healed. Roddy's not getting normal reps right now.

My QB situation in one league, I have Tannehill and Flacco. :x

Just sent out an offer of Flacco + M. Austin for Bradford + O. Daniels.
I like Tanny as a sleeper Q.

You definitely win on the proposed trade offer.

Dropping the Texans D to nab the Minny D a good idea?
If you do, just play weekly matchups defensively.

It's likely you wasted a mid-round pick for Houston's defense. Either commit to starting Houston every week or play the wire.

you guys are tlaking him up now i kinda want him as a buy low candidate :lol:

pick my TE and flex:

pettigrew vs washington
fleener vs. sf
thompkins vs. TB
rueben randle vs car
Fleener. No more Allen. Luck and Fleener have the Stanford connection.

Randle over Thompkins. Thompkins doesn't run the right routes and he has a case of the drops.

PPR

Marlon Brown vs Hou

Micheal Floyd @ NO

Aaron Dobson vs TB

in place of Roddy

A guy offered me Julio and David Wilson for Shady and Roddy, but I countered with Reggie and Roddy instead and he rejected it. :smh:
Brown, Floyd, Dobson in that order.

Brown is becoming comfortable with Flacco. Q's gone. Pitta hurt. All the focus on Torrey.

I'm waiting for Floyd to breakout, his value increases if Fitz can't play normal reps with a bad hammy.

who should i be looking to trade Vick for in the flex?
You need a RB or WR?

Back
Top Bottom