OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Should I trade Doug Martin for Aaron Rodgers? My current qb's are kaepernick and Caron Palmer

If Jennings (Vs SD) gets the start this week would you start him over any of these guys?

MJD vs Rams
CJ2K vs KC

You guys think selling on Vincent Jackson now is a good idea? I don't see too much promise for him moving forward with Glennon as their qb.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread how I'm hurting for a TE so I'm thinking about trying to move him for V. Davis or Cameron. Both of those owners in this league also have T. Gonzalez n Gronk, respectively, so they may bite.

My other receivers are Torrey n Edelman, and I could start Bell or Greg Jennings at the flex or Wilson if he finally breaks out this week. Just want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot here

I have Vincent Jackson on my team as well. Im giving him one more week. He played injured vs Arizona. So hopefully hes fully healthy coming out the bye week.

Pick 1 WR:
Avery @ TEN
Hartline vs BAL
Reggie Wayne vs SEA
Tavon Austin vs JAC

Leaning toward Avery because he's been getting targeted a lot. Don't like Wayne's matchup. Austin and Hartline are boom or bust...

^I'd go Hartline, I think he has a good matchup. As a Ravens fan, I can tell you we always get burned by intermediate slot WRs like him. He's a good route runner, he will def be able to get open and be productive.

Would you guys go Steve Smith vs ARI or James Jones vs DET?

Smitty normally gets a lot of targets as Cam's #1, but he is gonna have Patrick Peterson on him which will be tough.

On the flipside Jones is inconsistent as hell, but whenever Rodgers is looking for him he could go off. Dude had 178 yards the other week and I left him on my bench

Leaning towards Jones because I think GB is more likely to have multiple scoring opportunities

Last edited:
Is it worth a shot to start Mcgahee tonight or should I continue to hope Ridley finally has a break out game?

NEED YOUR HELP BAD...

thinking about doing this trade...

Welker + Lacy

for

CJ Spiller + Kendal Hunter

_________

I know Welker is on fire, but my theory is that his value is at max right now... where Spiller is at the lowest it will be this season.

In essence I am trading a lethal WR and promising RB for the 2nd pick in our draft...

thoughts?
Dude, you cant do that unless you are LOADED at wideout. You could realistically trade welker for both of those guys and keep lacy if you want.

im on the fence on whether to bench spiller or not? my other rb i have playing is Lamar Miller.

or should i pick up any of these available FA rbs? Jason Snelling, Andre Ellington, Willis McGahee, Jonathan Franklin, or Tashard Choice? 
sick.gif
I'd play spiller if he's active. Otherwise, take a chance with snelling. choice isnt really an option cause FJax is going to play according to all reports.
Does anyone know the rams RB situation? I saw d.richardsons tweet was deleted and there have been rumblings of a commitee or giving zac stacy a look....anyone?
As stupid as this sounds, it looks like it could possibly be a four headed RBBC. I personally wouldnt play any of them if you can help it. But I would take a look at Benny Cunningham as a stash. looked good in relief last week. Seems like they dont love Pead, and man, Zac Stacy looked horrid in the preseason imo.
4-0 But I want to shake things up. Thinking about proposing one of these. Which if any would you guys do. Non PPR

Trade 1 (I have Manning)

I give: Alfred Morris, D.Jax, Tony Gonzales & Eddie Royal

I get: Gronk, Josh Gordon & Eric Decker

Trade 2 (He has Eli Manning starting)

I give: Tony Gonzales, Andy Dalton & Ryan Broyles

I get: Antonio Gates Justin Blackmon

Trade 3 (He has Drew Brees)

I give: Alfred Morris, Tony Gonzales & Colston

I get: Nelson, Gore, Witten, Stevie Johnson
I dont know why you want to shake up a 4-0 team haha, but I would make any of those trades really. I like #3 the most.

But #1 would give you nice WR depth going into the bye weeks, and Gronk is Gronk
laugh.gif

Some of you guys laughed at a proposal from earlier regarding my AP for Dez & Trent...

Well I got a new one (keep in my im 0-4 and in desperation mode in this league)

Offered:

Lynch
Boldin

For

AP
Roddy White

Now I know Roddy has plenty of upside, his lack of presence now is the reason im 0-4.

Current squad is:

Romo
AP
DMC
Roddy White
Steve Smith
Martellus Bennett
Hartline/Fred Jackson/Mendenhall in flex

My wide outs are straight boo boo and I'm not sure if this trade will benefit me. But i'm thinking if I stay where im at it may be too late to make a push for any kind of playoff run.

frown.gif
suggestions?
At the point of being 0-4, I would actually consider that. If he has turbin, make him throw him in too. Or add SOMETHING else to the Lynch side. but I think its a bit closer than people are letting on. I mean, you can have AP all you want, but its not helping if youre losing every game where all day scores 20.

I would just try to give up AP for like doug martin or cj spiller and a #1 wideout from someone else tho.
Should I trade Doug Martin for Aaron Rodgers? My current qb's are kaepernick and Caron Palmer
depends on your RBs. but if you can help parting with dougie, do it.
If Jennings (Vs SD) gets the start this week would you start him over any of these guys?

MJD vs Rams
CJ2K vs KC
I'd play him over MJD. But the CJ0k upside is worth it
You guys think selling on Vincent Jackson now is a good idea? I don't see too much promise for him moving forward with Glennon as their qb.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread how I'm hurting for a TE so I'm thinking about trying to move him for V. Davis or Cameron. Both of those owners in this league also have T. Gonzalez n Gronk, respectively, so they may bite.

My other receivers are Torrey n Edelman, and I could start Bell or Greg Jennings at the flex or Wilson if he finally breaks out this week. Just want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot here
Dont do it if your #2 wideout would become edelman. That would be awful if/when amendola can get his *** on the field.
Pick 1 WR:
Avery @ TEN
Hartline vs BAL
Reggie Wayne vs SEA
Tavon Austin vs JAC

Leaning toward Avery because he's been getting targeted a lot. Don't like Wayne's matchup. Austin and Hartline are boom or bust...
I'd play hartline or Reggie Wayne. You CAN throw on the hawks (im even a fan and I'll say this). Theyve been playing sherman mainly on one side of the field instead of moving him around to shadow players. but I would NOT play avery over those two. and tavon..... smh.

Vick vs. Giants

or

Brady vs Bengals?

Bengals vs. Pats

or

Titans vs. Chiefs?
I think I may be contradicting something I responded to earlier this week, but now I would go Brady. Bengals D is banged up and Brady will get some guys back. and Thompkins is playnig really well

also, as a result of what I just said, I would go titans. but man, is there anything else out there?

I have both Cameron and Josh Gordon playing tonight in 2 leagues, but these Thursday night games can be killers sometimes. Do I start both of them? Well I know for sure I want to start Cameron, so here are my other options for Gordon.

Both PPR.

Pick 1 (WR)- Team 1: Wallace, Roddy, or Gordon. *leaning towards Gordon*

Pick 2 (WR + Flex)- Team 2: Hilton, Gio, Joique Bell (I have Reggie), Lamar Miller, Thompkins or Gordon. *leaning towards Gordon and Thompkins or Thompkins and Gio*

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Should I start Charles Clay or Jermichael Finley?

Finley is coming off a concussion so I'm not sure if he will be limited this week.
They both get their fair share of targets but I'd lean towards Finley. Game could turn into a shootout.

Last edited:
What kind of receiver could I get for any combination of James Jones, Hopkins, Edelman and Tavon?

trade offer sent to me in one of my leagues LOL

“I will offer any combo 3 of these players for AP - mcfadden, jackson, bell, mcgahee ,ty, Alshon"

I don't trust any Raider players, I am weak at the RB position though since I lost out on Woodhead (not my wrong doing since I told someone to up the bid and they did not).

Last edited:
Who to start?

Vick @ Giants or
Rivers @ Raiders
I think Vick could have more upside here but also be the riskier play in that he could vastly underperform.  Rivers is the "safer" option in that he'll likely provide a higher baseline.

I'd lean Rivers.
I have both Cameron and Josh Gordon playing tonight in 2 leagues, but these Thursday night games can be killers sometimes. Do I start both of them? Well I know for sure I want to start Cameron, so here are my other options for Gordon.

Both PPR, pick 1

Team 1: Wallace, Roddy, or Gordon

Team 2: Hilton, Gio, Joique Bell (I have Reggie), Lamar Miller, or Gordon

Thanks guys!
Gordon.

Gio.

Hope you're not starting Gordon in your FLEX.

Dont know if I should play Spiller today

My other RBs are CJ2k 
grin.gif
 and Giovanni Bernard 
Spiller isn't 100% and facing a very strong Cleveland front 7 with Fred Jackson poaching carries to put the icing on the cake.  CJ also has a tough matchup vs KC but he's the lesser of two evils here.

Back
Top Bottom