OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

14 team Non PPR league. What do you guys think about my team? Won the ship the 2 of the past 3 years. I hate running with so many teams but at least it is more fair I suppose

QB: Rodgers

RB: Jones-Drew

RB: Frank Gore

WR: Hakeem Nicks

WR: Jordy Nelson

TE: Zach Sudfield (Patriots new TE until Gronk returns)

D: Bucaneers

K: Janikowski

Bench:

Eli Manning

Alshon Jeffery

Vick Ballard

Dwyane Allen (Colts TE)

Fred Jackson 

Jacoby Jones

Greg Little 

Start Roddy and Dre.

Myers is better than Davis and Sudfeld. Sudfeld has little to no value once Gronk returns, which is sooner than expected.

I don't pay for uncertain 3-week loaners.

And you know this how?

I wouldn't bank on Meyers personally. Davis is better then Meyers, no questions, especially without King Crab. Bennett had more TDs and Rec last year bc Nicks played and was effective in what, 3 games??

Meyers may end up being better then Sudefield. But going back tj your ranks of him being 3rd aFter gronk and graham...where would you have has Herdanzez?

Sudefield is not Aaron talent wise, but the Pats have 3 TEs on their roster, one being Gronk.

They run close to the most plays out of the double tight end set. Brady throws to the open recover, to Eli can lock on Cruz. So if Herdanzez and welker are gone and lets say Gronk is just a wash, who replaces all those yards, recap and TDs? Sudefield is more of a "upside lottery ticket" then a giants te who will get you 650-850, 5-8 TDs (see bennett and Ballard)

Deeks: Read more carefully. Antidope has Myers ranked third at TE, not me.

You haven't done your research. VD's production fell off a cliff once Kaep took over as starter for Alex Smith. 6 receptions in the last six games of the 2012 regular season. Only 4 receptions in the current 2013 preseason.

Martellus Bennett has always had great potential, but he's inconsistent and lacks focus at times. He's proven to be unreliable when it counts. Ask Dallas and NYG fans.

A lottery ticket ensures nothing. Sudfeld is feast or famine. Gronk is expected back sooner than anticipated. W3 not out of the question.

Myers started all 16 games with a putrid supporting cast. Had 4 or more receptions in 11 of those games. Went off against Cleveland for 14/130. He's in his prime at 28, and Eli will get him the football.

Checkmate.

Thanks! Looking to repeat in this league

Yeah I don't like my backup RB's. Who should I be targeting?
Whose avail on your waiver wire? Any chance you could steal L Bell from his owner with one of your backup Wrs?
Danny Woodhead, Bilal Powell, and Christine Michael are on my watch list. I doubt it. I might just wait a few weeks into the season and get a possible deal going with a panicking owner lol

10 team standard league(6 pt passing td's)

QB-Brees

RB-Rice

RB-Gore

WR-Cobb

WR-Cruz

TE-Witten

Flex-Ball

D/ST-Steelers

K-Dawson

Bench:

D. Richardson

Tavon Austin

Sidney Rice

Sam Bradford

Leveon Bell

Jordan Cameron

Dolphins D/ST

A guy in the league has been trying to get Tavon and Cameron off me, he has Jordy, Vereen, VJax,DMC, Miles, Myers all on the block that he'll trade. Not sure who I should ask for in return or if I should try to get more in return by trading Witten

Brandon Myers will have a far better season than Sudfeld.

Bet the house on it. Far more reliable than Martellus. Oakland's lone bright spot in an otherwise porous last year.
Totally behind this. Myers was third on my TE board behind Gronk and Finley. Hes gonna do numbers. Bennett was 7th I believe.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT JORDAN CAMERON HIS UPSIDE IS THROUGH THE ROOF!

I'm having a tough time with this

Flacco or Luck :smh:

I feel like the Denver / Balt game is gonna be a shoot out.

While the raiders team is suspect and colts gonna get up early and run the rock :smh:

I'd go Flacco this week, think Indy smashes and runs the ball down the raiders throat. Flacco will have to score to stay in the game. Denver is going to want to show off their shiny toys

Nahhhh Broncos are at least 5th in the league in def....Luck is going to have a field day vs Oak :lol:

Would Vick Ballard or Michael Floyd be a good FLEX play this week? I had Chris Ivory starting but since he's down on the depth chart that's changing :lol:

10 team non-ppr, 3 defensive starters ..

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Trent Richardson, Chris Johnson
WR - Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas
TE - Vernon Davis
FLEX - Ryan Matthews
DL - Jared Allen
LB - Sean Lee
DB - Richard Sherman
D/ST - Tampa Bay
K - Dan Bailey

Bench : TY Hilton, Kenbrell Thompkins, Shonn Greene, Ronnie Hillman, Mike Vick, Steelers D/ST, Jermichael Finley

I had the 9th pick, I like what I got as far as starters. The bench is kinda suspect, might drop Shonn Greene or Hillman for Christine Michael ... thoughts??

So should i try to move V. davis and insert B. Myers if i get him back?

Last edited:
Champ was right on the money with his assessment of Myers and don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Bennett but after that preseason and the comments he made it doesn't look like he's gonna be getting the targets. Eli Manning will Target Myers a lot

I've said it several times before but honestly TE is the offensive position I value the least in fantasy. The gaps between the top guys and the middle of the pack guys are never that large. Just hope you don't have a dud and move on with your day. I never try hard to get the Gronks and Grahams because it's not worth the early round picks. Finely was going round 8 the earliest and he's gonna ball.

Last edited:

While the raiders team is suspect and colts gonna get up early and run the rock :smh:

I'd go Flacco this week, think Indy smashes and runs the ball down the raiders throat. Flacco will have to score to stay in the game. Denver is going to want to show off their shiny toys

Nahhhh Broncos are at least 5th in the league in def....Luck is going to have a field day vs Oak :lol:

The Broncos defense is going to be one of the worst in the league until Von Miller comes back and even then they will just be mediocre. Champ Bailey might not even play tomorrow and even if he does he got murdered last time when he was healthy.

I'd start Flacco because lots of points are going to be scored.

Luck probably ain't even playing the second half vs Oak.

The Broncos defense is going to be one of the worst in the league until Von Miller comes back and even then they will just be mediocre. Champ Bailey might not even play tomorrow and even if he does he got murdered last time when he was healthy.

One player makes up the def...ok

Here's my team on NFL.com, 14 Team PPR League:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Marshawn Lynch
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR: Antonio Brown
TE: Fred Davis
W/R: Montee Ball
K: Kai Forbath
Def: New York Giants

Bench:
Eli Manning
Giovani Bernard
Brian Hartline
Zach Sudfeld
Adam Vinatieri
Altanta Falcons Defense

What do you guys think?

Any opinion on Sudfeld over Fred Davis?
Anybody I should replace as a starter this week?

Thanks!

Here's my team on NFL.com, 14 Team PPR League:

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Chris Johnson

RB: Marshawn Lynch

WR: DeSean Jackson

WR: Antonio Brown

TE: Fred Davis

W/R: Montee Ball

K: Kai Forbath

Def: New York Giants

Bench:

Eli Manning

Giovani Bernard

Brian Hartline

Zach Sudfeld

Adam Vinatieri

Altanta Falcons Defense

What do you guys think?

Any opinion on Sudfeld over Fred Davis?

Anybody I should replace as a starter this week?

Thanks!
Outside of Jackson I love this team. That Antonio Brown pick was your best one depending on what round you got him. Dudes going to be a monster in PPR leagues, hes the only person Ben wants to throw it to it seems like. Hes a must start every week for you. That Cincy RB situation worries me fantasy wise, theres no continuity over there whatsoever, but in terms of which of the guys to pick you picked the right one.

You guys are way too high on Meyers
Hes not going to be an all pro guy or anythign but hes going to do numbers. I draft TEs in hopes of them not turning out to be bums, I dont really rely on them for high levels of production.

Last edited:

One player makes up the def...ok

Who the hell can hit the quarterback?

Champ even if he plays is hurt and got roasted.

The two outta three of the best players on their defense from last year ain't playing and the other one is hurt and middle aged.

Come on now.

Anybody with the first pick in a 12 team standard league? If so can you post your team I'm trying to gague what my team may possibly look like

Back
Top Bottom